6th June 2012, 11:23 PM
sureshspiky

Is it possible to get into NITs after scoring 55 marks? I am from SC category

i have scored 55 marks and am SC student....itz possible to get into any NIT's....!!!!...

Related Questions:
  1. Which NIT can I get after scoring 150 marks in AIEEE? Can I get into top NITs or good government colleges? am from OBC category
  2. Can I get a seat in NITs after scoring 110-114 marks in AIEEE SC category?
  3. Is it possible to get into NITs after scoring 55 marks? I am from SC category
  4. Can I get a seat in NITs after scoring 89 marks in AIEEE SC category?
  5. What can I expect after scoring 21.63 marks in GATE CS? Can I get IIT or NIT? I am from SC category
  6. Can I get admission in any of the NITs after scoring 27.67 marks in GATE exam? I belong to ST category
  7. Can i get any NITs after scoring 46233 AIR? I belong to OBC category
  8. Can i get NIT college after scoring 77 marks in JEE mains and 75% in BSEB Board -- [New]
  9. What are my chances to get admission in NITs after scoring 310 marks? In which NITs can I get?
  10. Admission to IITs or NITs after 38 marks in GATE CS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Can I get admission in NIT Srinagar after scoring 54 marks in AIEEE? I belong to SC category
  12. Will I be able to get admission in any NIT after scoring 89 marks? I belong to SC category
  13. Is there any possibility to get a seat in any NIT after scoring 29.67 marks?
  14. Rank in GATE after 32 marks in ECE? Chances for admission to NITs for OBC category student?
  15. Which NITs should I apply for after scoring 154 in OBC category? I want to take up electrical or mechanical
  16. Any chance to get into NIT after scoring 94 marks in AIEEE? I belong to OBC category
  17. Any chance for NITs after scoring 66828 AIR and category rank of 16238?
  18. Can I get admission in any university of AP after scoring 25 marks?
7th June 2012, 10:19 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get into NITs after scoring 55 marks? I am from SC category

Specifically NITs do not put any percentage restriction.
Even if there would be some percentage criteria then it would not go beyond 60%
for GEN category students and would not go beyond 55% for SC,ST and PH category
students. Therefore getting into an NIT is not at all a matter of being panic, as far as
the academic qualification is concerned.

From the year 2013 onwards there would be a common entrance test for admission to
all government engineering colleges so you can expect any new rule coming in front of you.

Whatever new rules come, it should be announced as soon as the notification for common
engineering entrance exam is published.
7th June 2012, 11:03 PM
hemant.pm2212

Default Re: Is it possible to get into NITs after scoring 55 marks? I am from SC category

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshspiky View Post
i have scored 55 marks and am SC student....itz possible to get into any NIT's....!!!!...
Normally NIT doesn't keep cut off marks for admission. For admission to any of the National Institute of Technology, candidate needs to apply only to the National Institute of Technology assigned to the state or Union Territory in which the school or college from where he/she has passed the qualifying examination, is located. He/she will be eligible for admission to NIT, subject to the following conditions::

- He/she should not be more than 23 years old as on August 1st of the same year (26 years for scheduled caste /tribe candidate, foreign student, ward of India-based staff posted abroad).
- He should have passed the 10+2, Higher Secondary Examination or its equivalent, with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
- Candidate will have to qualify in the AIEEE Examination.
So, you have to clear AIEEE and get sufficient marks to get call from here.
Best of luck.
7th June 2012, 11:22 PM
babusingh rajpurohit
Member+

Thumbs up Re: Is it possible to get into NITs after scoring 55 marks? I am from SC category

Specifically NITs do not put any percentage restriction.
Even if there would be some percentage criteria then it would not go beyond 60%
for GEN category students and would not go beyond 55% for SC,ST and PH category
students. Therefore getting into an NIT is not at all a matter of being panic, as far as
the academic qualification is concerned.

From the year 2013 onwards there would be a common entrance test for admission to
all government engineering colleges so you can expect any new rule coming in front of you.

Whatever new rules come, it should be announced as soon as the notification for common
engineering entrance exam is published.
21st June 2012, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

which government engineering college takes more sc st students like NIT
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?