8th June 2012, 12:39 AM
thiyagu123

Can a person opt for B.E Mechanical Engineering after passing diploma in Automobile?

Hi,

I want to know if a person who completes automobil engineer course in diploma, can opt for BE Mechnical engineer course rather choosing automobile engineer course.

Thanks.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Automobile Engineering) if pursue Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  2. What should I learn within mechanical or automobile engineering after passing diploma in automobile engineering?
  3. Is Automobile engineering after Diploma in Mechanical tough or easy?
  4. Which is better to take mechanical or automobile engineering? Which is better to study diploma or to take MPC in Inter?
  5. Is it possible to take automobile engineering degree after completion of mechanical diploma?
  6. Automobile Engineering or Mechanical Engineering for a good career?
  7. Difference between Automobile Engineering and Mechanical Engineering? What is the scope in both? Which diploma course should I join? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. List of branches in diploma which are in demand?
  9. Competitive exams details after 10th and the scope of Commerce?
  10. Possibility to pursue Diploma in Mechanical/Automobile Engineering for a candidate who has completed 10th 15 years ago?
  11. Can I study B.E.(Automobile Engineering) if completed 3 years full time Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? List of colleges in Maharashtra?
  12. Diploma courses in Mechanical or Automobile sector after passing 10th? -- [New]
  13. What course should I prefer for Bachelor degree?
  14. Difference between Automobile and Automotive Engineering? Which engineering course is better?
  15. Which one is better between diploma in Automobile or Mechanical engineering?
  16. Can we do something for career after 10th?
  17. How to do diploma in Automobile engineering after passing ITI Automobile(2 years course)?
  18. Merits and Demerits to study Automobile Engineering Diploma on 10th basis? Scope of Automobile Engineering Diploma?
7th September 2015, 08:04 AM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can a person opt for B.E Mechanical Engineering after passing diploma in Automobile?

Yes, A person can apply for the Mechanical engineering after the Diploma in the Automobile engineering. For the admission in this course you have to first qualify for the Lateral entry entrance exam that is conducted for the diploma engineering students.

>> After qualifying this exam you will get the direct admission in second year of the course.

>> For this you have to apply for the online counselling after qualifying the written and have to fill the choices of your collages and streams and on the given time the result of the counselling will be declared of the selected candidates.
12th September 2015, 05:11 PM
Jitu.vide
Member+

Default Re: Can a person opt for B.E Mechanical Engineering after passing diploma in Automobile?

Yes, sure.
A candidate who pass out diploma will get any stream for engineering (B.E./B.Tech). You must be in the eligibility of lateral entry.
You have minimum 60% in diploma
Just complete the admission procedure through dte & join B.Tech as direct 2nd year student in mechanical engineering.
13th September 2015, 11:02 PM
JSD.

Yes you can definitely go for the B.E. in mechanical engineering after having the diploma in automobile.

Lateral entry is scheme by which you can get the direct admission in the third semester of the engineering. To be eligible for the LE, it is must to have three years diploma degree in engineering section in any branch. Or Bachelor degree in science stream are also eligible for this scheme.

As you have done the three years diploma degree course then definitely you are eligible for the Lateral entry and B.tech in second year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?