3rd February 2011, 03:15 PM
dhruv555

How to prepare for TCS interview?

how the preparation of interview in tcs company?

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for Verbal and HR interview?
  2. Last 10 years TCS placement papers with solutions? What are the GD topics for TCS recruitment drive? How to prepare for interview?
  3. Books and FAQs for preparation of TCS interview?
  4. What are the questions asked in technical interview of TCS? -- [New]
  5. Questions and Answers of Recent TCS Interview? Tips to prepare for TCS Interview? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Whether Technical written test is available in TCS Campus Interview? Difficulties to attend this Interview for Mechanical student?
  7. How to prepare for the technical interview of TCS?
  8. Detailed information about Medical ChecK-up and interview taken by TCS? How can I prepare for interview?
  9. How can I prepare to crack TCS on-campus interview? How many rounds are there?
  10. How to prepare for the interview of TCS? I am a 4th semester EC student
  11. Question related to the eligibility Criteria of TCS BPS or TCS IT.
  12. Detailed information about the rounds of TCS Walk-In-Interview? Topics to be covered and tips for preparation?
  13. Which subjects should I prepare for Technical Interview of TCS? I am a final year Mechanical Engg
  14. How to prepare an Excellent Resume? I am studying in final CSE and have a campus interview of TCS on 9th sept
  15. TCS Placement Papers Samples? How to prepare for GD & Interview? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How can I prepare for Aptitude Test and Technical Interview of TCS?
  17. How many rounds are available in TCS On-Campus Drive for Associate Software Engineer post? How to prepare for this Drive?
  18. How to prepare for TCS interview?
3rd February 2011, 11:20 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to prepare for TCS interview?

Dear friend,

For interview you have to prepare yourself for both the technical and HR rounds.

In the technical round, they ask subject based questions, fundamental or basic questions.

So prepare well with your basic in the topics of your selected favorite subjects. Choose some selected subjects from the syllabus and prepare strongly the basics.

And in the HR interview, try to speak clear and vivid. They should nicely get the answer points of their queries.

Best wishes!!
3rd February 2011, 11:37 PM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv555 View Post
Dear Friend;
Greeting for the day;

The TCS interview divided in to Three phase:-
1) Aptitude Test
2)Technical Interview
3) HR Interview.

In aptitude test they generally asks simple but tricky mathematical application problem and Reasoning Type problems with multiple choice Questions.

In Technical Interview they ask Basic Questions and they expect Excellent and to the point answer .

In HR interview they asks about company background and profile and check your communication skill .

so the best advice is go through the previous year question pattern and develop your technical and communication skills.

All the best
4th February 2011, 02:28 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

The recruitment process of TCS includes
Written Test
Group Discussion and
Personal Interview(Technical and HR)

An average performance in each process assures the final selection.

The written test includes Aptitude test (Verbal and Quantitative) and
Technical questions (programming and coding)

During group discussion you are just required to put your point relevant to the
given topic in a good manner. A good communication skill, leadership quality and
management quality etc. are reflected by GD. Neither try to dominate over others
nor let others dominate over you. Starting a GD or concluding a GD is always adds
positive points to your performance.

The interview can never be predicted 100%. It could contain 100% technical or
or 100% HR or a mixture of both in any proportion.
Generally a mixture of both is seen.
So, try to be good at technical first and prepare common question of HR interview.

I would suggest you to visit http://www.gplassets.com/
where you can see some mock test papers of TCS and all major companies.
Also, you can see the interview experiences of many candidates who finally
got through the TCS recruitment process.

You can download some sample papers of TCS from the attachment here.

Thank You
Attached Files
File Type: zip TCS Sample paper.zip(1.59 MB, 331 views)
4th February 2011, 09:30 AM
sindhudushyantha

Quote:
In google search engine , type TCS, Openseesame papers. You will get a numerous links. The links on the first page is enough. Most of the questions come from the same paper but the values or structure is modified.Sometimes you may get same questions repeated. All the best.
4th February 2011, 09:47 AM
xavi

freind,

--just collect TCS mock question papers and solve it..
--once u qualify written
--you will face HR -interview
--be prepared in your branch subjects
--C&C++ is a must ,means you should be able to write small programs

all the best
4th February 2011, 10:16 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: How to prepare for TCS interview?

The Below is a sampled Version of Criteria Given by TCS in pool Or On campus Selection.

Eligibility Criteria
• All Streams.
• Consistent 60% from 10th Standard onwards.
• Maximum 2 backlogs at the time of appearing for TCS process is permitted.
• Maximum 2 years break in academics with valid reasons.
• Engineering to be completed in 4 years.
• Maximum Age : 28 years

Registration Process and Instructions
All eligible students are required to upload their details on the TCS
Campus portal by following the instructions below:-
• Visit the link: https://nextstep.tcs.com to register. .................

.................................................. ..................................................

etc.

If you full this Criteria Then you are Eligible for Campus Recruitment by TCS.

You need to Boost your Knowledge in Technical, Verbal Non Verbal to crack Aptitude of TCS exam.

Mainly TCS is having Written Test, followed by G.D and then Personal Interview By H.R

For preparation Purpose you must Follow R.S.Agarwal and Shakuntala Devi book for aptitude .

And build your communication skill to blast in G.D and Personal interview.

For previous year Papers Click here Post Number #6
Good luck.
4th February 2011, 10:21 AM
a.ang274

Dear Friend

The recruitment process of TCS includes
Written Test
Group Discussion and
Personal Interview(Technical and HR)

An average performance in each process assures the final selection.

The written test includes Aptitude test (Verbal and Quantitative) and
Technical questions (programming and coding)

During group discussion you are just required to put your point relevant to the
given topic in a good manner. A good communication skill, leadership quality and
management quality etc. are reflected by GD. Neither try to dominate over others
nor let others dominate over you. Starting a GD or concluding a GD is always adds
positive points to your performance.

Read more here: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/how-prepare-tcs-interview-81413.html#ixzz1CxkMPj9L
4th February 2011, 10:42 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

for TCS recruitment process there are mainly two steps
1. Aptitude test
2. Interview(Technical+HR)

for aptitude test there are no verbal question from this year in the TCS paper. that is you don't have to prepare for antonym or synonym. the paper mainly contains simple mathematics. question is 35marks and time is one hour. solve previous year model papers all question will come form that only data will be changed. before the recruitment process ask your training and placement sir he may provide you a model papers most of the question will come form that. in the aptitude test as it is online so follow all the guideline carefully. before aptitude test confirmed you are already registered in the TCS website or not and you have valid log in ID to enter into the test. it may be done by your TPO if campus recruitment otherwise you have to done it own. visit the website http://www.careers.tcs.in for more information.

in interview some common question are must like introduce yourself, why TCS, why Software if you are from other stream etc. so be prepare for that. now in interview you must be very much confident. but don't be over confident. try to give answer to the point. don't bluff to the interviewer. may be one person will take your HR and technical interview both. so satisfy him or her with your technical knowledge as well as HR skill. your attitude should be positive and you must show that you are suitable for IT industry. at last they will ask you do you have any question? don't ask any question like an unprofessional like how is my interview? like that. if you have seriously any question then only ask them. otherwise tell them politely that you don't have any question. it is not necessary that you have to ask question.

best wishes for your interview.
4th February 2011, 12:09 PM
mishra245

Follow these steps for cracking that interview.
-Prepare well for the written test. There is nothing like you have to answers all the correctly.
-Go to websites like placementpapers.net, ittestpapers.com, indiabix.com.
-Browse all the previous year question papers. Surely you will get good idea to face the interview.
-Prepare for the HR round. Answer shortly and precisely. Your tone should be clear. It is not necessary that you should have more fluency in English.
-Just when you speak,others should understand what you are speaking about. That is enough.
for preparation you can buy a book of R.S.Agarwal book which will help you in clearing aptitude round.
4th February 2011, 01:31 PM
rocking1

tcs is a very good mnc and it provides ftraining for the freshers initially so they do not emphasize much on techinal knowledge of a student

tcs recruitment contain 3 to 4 stages
1) aptitude test : it tests the iq of a student and all quantitative ,verbal and non verbal part for this test refer rs aggarwal.

2) group discussion : it may occur or not depends on the hr manager on duty

3) technical interview: it will test u on basic knowledge of c/c++,data structure or may be any course from ur resume or from ur project etc

4)hr interview :it is the final stage where your confidance,presence of mind etc will be tested

for more info u can refer
www.way2freshers.com
4th February 2011, 05:04 PM
aryabhatta

TCS is an esteemed company which requires :

1.good communication skills
2.technical knowledge
3. good aptitude

if you have these three then don't worry if you don't have then work hard for these......
5th February 2011, 09:17 AM
Anne Pavan Kumar

HI friend,
TCS interview is done in 3 rounds.
1.Online written test
The test will have 35 questions,there will be negative marking for the wrong answered question,there will be cut-off mark.
2.TR round
This round mainly based on your technical skills.
You have be thorough in subjects lke c and your core subject if you were non-it student.
Otherwise you must be thorough in c,c++,Software Engineering.
In this round they will also ask about the projects you have done in your previous semisters.
3.HR round
In this round they will ask aboot yourself.
Mainly they check your communication skills and the confidence in you.
5th February 2011, 08:39 PM
sabarish28

TCS :- tata consultancy services most reputable MNC in India

every interview has written test on logic and apititude test
R S Agrawal's books for interview are available in market in first round it is important to solve numerous problem and next Group decision and next technical round and next HR round
**** all the best
7th February 2011, 10:22 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

follow the link:

http://fw.freshersworld.com/placementweek/company.asp?cid=108

here you will get the sample papers......
it will help you.................
8th March 2011, 11:53 AM
saswat1989
Senior Member+

Hie
For TCS interview their is no separate HR and Technical round and is conducted on one to one (not by panel of jury ).So get cleared about basic concepts in C,C++, Data-structure And RDBMS.And for HR get through the general questions(no stress interview) and also go with a good knowledge on current affairs.
Be Smart and yourself.
All the best
13th March 2011, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

i have cofused in aptitude ques
14th March 2011, 07:03 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...
i had given tcs interview in the final year of my graduation in 2010,
though i was not selected i can really help you with what not to do in the interview,
first there would be three rounds in the interview,
round 1:its the written test ,its an computer based exam and you have to pass an cut of score,its simple aptitude test consisting of verbal,quant and reasoning questions .if you prepare from barrons gre book it would be more than enough to make you pass this exam,try to score as high score as possible,
round 2:its the technical round ,here you will be asked basic questions about languages specially c,so prepare your self in the basics in c language and i think an look in yashwant kanitkar would be more than enough,
round 3:hr and the managerial round,this is the most important part, don't get your self in an bad position by answering without thinking ,i was failed in this round only because i allowed the interviewer to ask what they wanted,in this round be care full,its the most,guide the interviewer to ask questions which you are comfortable with
14th March 2011, 11:12 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to prepare for TCS interview?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have cofused in aptitude ques
hello friend..

T
CS EXAM PATTERN

-> 35 questions 80minutes.

-> Contains only reasoning and quantitative questions.

Attached some of the previous year model question paper of TCSand 451 questions TCS pattern in this post... check it over.. hope it helps for your preaparation..

All the Best...
Attached Files
File Type: doc 451 sample Questions(TCS).doc(198.0 KB, 265 views)
File Type: pdf TCS jan 2011.pdf(30.4 KB, 270 views)
File Type: zip TCS.zip(674.9 KB, 223 views)
14th March 2011, 05:44 PM
Niklesh92

in aptitude you have to work out as much as problems as you can..for HR that is interview be good in your area of interest be clear in wat u say and be bold and confident...all d best..
16th March 2011, 12:49 PM

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.............
for tcs interview both HR and techinal interview taken at a time........they see your communication skill,confidence level in interview..how u present yourself,,and little bit knowledge in C,C++, Data-structure And RDBMS.and they also asked question from the project you have done...........best of luck
23rd March 2011, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: How to prepare for TCS interview?

Quote:
plz send
11th August 2011, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

can i prepare 4 tcs with in 25days...if so plz can any one guide me what 2 do....plz give some suggesions what 2 do....so that i will b thank ful 2 u....
27th August 2011, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

can i prepare 4 tcs with in 25days...if so plz can any one guide me what 2 do....plz give some suggesions what 2 do....so that i will b thank ful 2 u....
27th September 2012, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

wat r exceptation from lateral entry student.how wil prepare a tcs
7th October 2012, 12:57 PM
Rajanitai

HEY........

TCS interview divided in to Three phase:-

Aptitude Test

Technical Interview

HR Interview.

In aptitude test they generally asks simple but tricky mathematical application problem and Reasoning Type problems with multiple choice Questions.Technical Interview they ask Basic Questions and they expect Excellent and to the point answer .In HR interview they asks about company background and profile and check your communication skill .

TCS interview their is no separate HR and Technical round and is conducted on one to one (not by panel of jury ).So get cleared about basic concepts in C,C++, Data-structure And RDBMS.And for HR get through the general questions(no stress interview) and also go with a good knowledge on current affairs.
Be Smart and yourself.
22nd January 2014, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

hai.... friend i am c.k.lakshmi only aptitude mathematical questions in first round not for reasoning questions
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?