10th June 2012, 10:19 PM
pooja badwaik

Can I get admission in BCA after scoring 46% in 12th?

i have got 46% in 12th so can i get the admission in BCA.? and may i hav to give any donation or not?

11th June 2012, 09:40 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in BCA after scoring 46% in 12th?

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications. This is a 3 year Graduation level technical related course being offered by many of the colleges all over India.

Direct admission will be given for the candidates to join this course in many of the colleges.

However, there are some of the colleges which will conduct Entrance Exam in order to give admission for this course.

As you have scored just 46% of marks, some of the colleges may not give you admission for BCA course.

But, you can get admission in some other colleges to join this course.

If you want to get admission for this course in a top college and if you are unable to get seat in that college, then join the course under management quota.

Soon after the completion of your BCA course, you can join as
-Database Administrator
-Software Programmer
-Web Programmer etc.

Soon after the completion of BCA course, I suggest you to join MCA course for having good number of job opportunities.

Here are the top IT companies in India in which you can get jobs after completion of your MCA course
-IBM
-Google
-Dell
-Oracle
-TCS
-Wipro
-Infosys etc.

If you want to join MCA course in NITs, you should crack NIMCET Exam.

Apart from this, each and every university will conduct its own Entrance Exam to get admission for this MCA course.

Have good preparation for the respective Entrance Exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
11th June 2012, 10:19 AM
alen23

While most of the colleges/universities considers students having more than 50% marks. But there are some universities which consider only the score in admission test.
For taking admission on management quota, you can negotiate the donation amount with the college of your choice.
11th June 2012, 11:10 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Its Very difficult for you to get the admission in BCA as you have scored just 46% of marks.Moreover If you get the admission in some private college on the basis of any reserved seat you have to do a lot of hard work in your coming years so that you can score well with a good percentage for your MCA degree.So always think before go ahead.

Donation is a part of the colleges to get admission for the weaker students but once they get it, they will not provide you any exemption of marks for your future exams.That means You have to study yourself to gain a good percentage

In general the eligibilty criteria for the same is as under-

1. Candidate must have completed Higher Secondary Examination or equivalent

2. The minimum marks secured in 12th standard should be at least 50%

3. The candidate should have pursued the science subjects. The science subjects should include Physics and Chemistry

4. Most institutes insist candidates should have pursued Mathematics during 12th standard

New eligibility criteria’s are decided by the universities so as to improve the quality of the students inducted. As part of it many of the institutes are insisting that the candidates should posses a Certificate in Computing. It is also known as CIC.
11th June 2012, 11:44 AM
singh1947

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooja badwaik View Post
i have got 46% in 12th so can i get the admission in BCA.? and may i hav to give any donation or not?
Dear Aspirant,

Yes, you will get the admission in BCA.
Minimum marks should be 45% in 12th class for the admission in BCA.

But, you can have to face problem in some of the colleges, because some colleges required 50% marks.

with all good wishes
28th June 2012, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

Sir my percentage is 46 in science strem phy,chem,bio so i addmition in bihar in bca give me colleges name.
6th July 2012, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum % required to get admission ib BCA?
6th March 2013, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in MCA where BCA 65% scoring 44% in 10 2 th?
6th March 2013, 06:54 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Soory to inform you that you will not be eligible to do this course through Regular Mode.However if you want to this course,then you can do this course through correspondence mode.

Eligibility required for this course in order to take admission in Regular college are :-

Marks :-
-->>Your minimum marks in 10+2 should be 60%.

Subjects in 10+2 :-

-->>You must have one f these subjects in 10+2,that is Mathematics or Statistics.

Compulsory :-
-->>English is compulsory for doing this course.

The best Institutes/University from where you can do BCA Through correspondence medium are :-
-->>Lovely Professional University.
-->>Delhi University.
-->>Guru Ghasidas University.
-->>Punjab Technical University.
-->>Sikkim Manipal University.
-->>IGNOU.
6th March 2013, 07:31 PM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

Bachelor of Computer Application is offered by various colleges under different universities and each of them have different criteria for admission but the basic requirement for the course is as follows:

Candidate must have qualified Higher Secondary level of examination from recognized board with a minimum of 45% marks.

Must have Mathematics as a major subject in the Higher Secondary level.

Some of the best institutes in India offering Bachelor of Computer Applications are as follows:

IndraPrastha College of Management and Technology
Lovely Professional University
Osmania Degree College
Presidency college of Arts & Science College
Baba Farid Institute of Technology
Amity University
Gitam University

Hence, You Are eligible.

All The Best
6th March 2013, 09:53 PM
sonyalex
Member+

Hi Friends............

Yes its possible to get admission in BCA with 46% in 12th but you are eligible for few colleges with this score .....but its possible to get the admission in few colleges.......so try it

Good Luck........
14th June 2013, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

HOW many marks are required [min] for BSA.
18th June 2013, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

I scored 60 percent in 12 class can i get admission in delhi university to do b.c.a
10th July 2013, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

Is correspondence study is equal to normal studies.and after doing correspondence can i get a good job.?
And if yes suggest me some correspondence colg
10th July 2013, 08:32 PM
Vamshi.Kothari

hiiiiiiiiii,
BCA is an exciting professional discipline offering numerous career opportunities. it is the fascinating and challenging field to develop oneself in IT Sector. After acquiring the Bachelors Degree in Computer Application (BCA) there is a further educational opportunity to go for MCA i.e. Master Programme. This programme provides good working knowledge is Database and Internet applications.

SUBJECTS :

FIRST SEMESTER

Communication Management

Introduction to Computer Organization

Introduction to Internet Technologies and HTML

Fundamentals of Programming using 'C' Language

Introduction to Computer Application (Office Suite)

sry you cant get admission with dat low %
but you can go in management quota

all the best
10th July 2013, 10:52 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hey friend,

To tell about the BCA course it stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and this course is of a duration of 3 years consisting of 6 semesters.

To join in this course you need to possess certain qualification and it is that for this course the candidate appearing for the course must have completed +2 with Mathematics as Compulsory subject with a fair percentage.

As you have mentioned that you have completed +2,it is only needed that you need to have completed it with Maths as subject in it.Although you have only
got 46% there might be some chances in getting but very tough as you at least need to have got 60% aggregate,

ALL THE BEST
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?