13th June 2012, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

For which companies can I apply after giving GATE exam?

i study in final year. I also give the gate exam.which company i apply?
Please send answer to me.
My email id: [email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. List of companies that are recruiting through GATE exam?
  2. How to do M.Tech CS after doing MCA(SMU)?
  3. Companies hiring on the basis of GATE score? How to apply for such companies?
  4. Companies which consider GATE score for their recruitment? How to apply for those companies?
  5. Companies hiring on the basis of GATE score? How to apply for such companies? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Is it possible to get government job right after completion of B.Tech Computer Science?
  7. Which degree can I do after finishing diploma and B.E?
  8. Will GATE help me in getting jobs in core companies? How to apply in core companies? I am a 4th year ECE student
  9. Which Companies recruit candidates through GATE score? How to apply for these companies?
  10. How much percentile to be get in GATE Exam to join IIT? Companies preferring GATE score card?
  11. Which are the electronic core related companies?
  12. Can students of ECE trade appear for GATE (Biotech) exam?
  13. What are the jobs available after completing my graduation? I am a student of B.E Mechanical 2nd year
  14. What is the benefit of giving GATE Exam in getting a Job?
  15. In which college of Tamil Nadu I will get admission if secured 31384 AIR in GATE(ECE) being an OBC student? In which company I can apply for job with GATE score?
  16. Is it necessary to so any other course for getting job in Bharat Electronics Limited?
  17. B.E. from DCE for Diploma holder having two year experience?
  18. What are the PSU undertaking companies offering recruitment without GATE for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 4th semester student? -- [New]
8th July 2012, 10:22 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For which companies can I apply after giving GATE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Companies you can apply depends on which branch do you belong. Students from branches like electrical, Ece , Mechanical & Chemical can find lot of PSUs and Private companies jobs/vacancies or if you are from branch like Computer science, textile, genetics, IT, software engineering, then there very few PSUs, but no dearth of private companies for them. Even higher study options suits best for these people.

As you must be aware that most of the PSUs now a days recruit on the basis of GATE score , which is valid for two years. In their recruitment , 85% weightage is given for GATE score , rest for interview and group discussions. So, your chances of selection are very much fare if you score good in GATE exam.

You can even go for Mtech, if you like. Employment opportunities will be better once you complete Mtech course, you can find job in many R&D organisation, which dont recruit Btech.

Some Research organisations like National Physics Lab, BARC , recuits Mtech directly from IITs, IISc.

Some of the PSUs which requires GATE score are:

## NTPC
## ONGC
## BPCL
## HPCL
## BHEL
## BSNL
## MTNL
## SAIL
## GAIL
## EIL
## EIC

Advertisement for recruitment are published in Employment news all around the year. So keep looking for vacancies. Normally they are announced in Jan-Feb for engineering posts.
8th July 2012, 10:55 PM
sharmayogesh3047

Thumbs up Re: For which companies can I apply after giving GATE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
DEAR CANDIDATE,

Your job depends upon your trade that is from which trade you have studied and which type of company you want to enter and do your job.

Dear there are some companies that can consider the GATE score.like BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited), SAIL,GAIL ,MTNL,BSNL ect.

dear notification regarding job vacancy you can get detail on leading news paper.

GOOD LUCK,
8th July 2012, 11:22 PM
incredible_22
Junior Member+

Bharat Heavy Electronics Ltd., NTPC , Indian Oil Corporation Ltd., Public Sector Undertakings (PSU's) under the union government are some of organizations accepting the GATE scores.
Apart from these, some more companies that take GATE scores are:

-> ISRO
-> BARC
-> NPCIL
-> HAL
-> IAG
-> ICAR
8th July 2012, 11:58 PM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

There are so many private and govt. companies offering jobs, but there's no description you have given about your stream. I mean to say to which stream you belongs e.g. IT/CSE/Electrical/Electronics, then we can give suggestions to you.

If you have cleared you GATE then you should go for M.Tech, it will be good for your future, if besides your study you want do job then you can make link with PSUs, they offer job on the bases of your GATE.

Some are:
NTPC, GAIL, SAIL, ONGC, EIL, EIC, HPCL, BSNL etc.
9th July 2012, 12:58 AM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
After GATE examination
If you will be able to score
Then there is a great opportunity for you to appear for companies
There are so many companies
But I'm giving some TOP name here

LIST OF COMPANIES :

HPCL

BHEL

BSNL

MTNL

SAIL

GAIL

EIL

EIC

NTPC

ONGC

BPCL

All the best.......
9th July 2012, 11:05 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

If you have good GATE score then it is always one pus advantage to be selected for one job. If your resume reflect that you have good GATE score then at the time of interview you will be the preferred person if it is a freshers recruitment.

Beside that now a days most of the Public Sector Unit(PSU) are recruiting candidates those have only GATE score. Without GATE score even you will not be eligible to apply for this PSUs post. For which PSU you will be eligible that is totally depends on your branch of engineering. Some name of the PSUs are-

BARC
SAIL
ISRO
NTPC
BHEL
BEL and many more.

If you are trying for job in a private sector then also add your GATE score in your resume if you have. If you have GATE score you may go for higher study M.Tech. If you are getting chance to take admission in M.Tech in a good institution then you should not miss that chance. Higher study is always good for your career. But if you are not interested in M.Tech and you want to do something different then do not take admission in M.Tech.

Best of luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?