15th June 2012, 08:45 PM
amritaprakash

Books to be referred to prepare for various government exams through computer science branch?

i want to know about the books that help me to prepare for various government exams through Computer Science Branch.The exams under this category may include BEL,BHEL,ONGC,,,etc

17th March 2013, 05:28 PM
raj bn

Thumbs up Re: Books to be referred to prepare for various government exams through computer science branch?

Hi,
government exams will basically ask aptitude and c programming or java questions. Follow these steps:
1) Solve old question papers
2) Study R. S. Agarwal's text book for general aptitude and verbal and non-verbal reasoning
3) Read C programming text books like "The C Programming Language", by Brian W. Kernighan, Dennis M. Ritchie
4) Read java text books like "Big Java" by Cay Horstmann, John Wiley and Sons, 2nd Edition
5) solve Database questions
6) solve networking questions
you can also try wiki books like: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Java_Programming/ which are simple to understand.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?