7th February 2011, 01:10 PM
suganyaselvaraj

Do I require work permit and TOEFL score to get an offer from US company? How are the job openings there?

Hi,

I have 5 yrs of experience in DSP domain and worked on Audio & Video codecs and also on different processors. I'm planning to search for a job offer in usa. Do i require work permit and toefl score to get an offer from US company? How about job openings there?

Thanks
suganya

21st May 2011, 02:52 PM
vkvimal192

Default Re: Do I require work permit and TOEFL score to get an offer from US company? How are the job openings there?

work permit and toefl are the main requirements of getting a job offer from a us company
21st May 2011, 03:37 PM
dawood.dodi
Member+

Smile Re: Do I require work permit and TOEFL score to get an offer from US company? How are the job openings there?

hi,

Work abroad in the countries like USA, Europe and Canada is the dream of every Indian and the rest of the world. Lavish life in those countries with good salary and higher living standards catch everybody's attention towards working abroad. But it really needs your systematic approach from the search for jobs in abroad to reaching and living there. Work abroad thus involves many things like paper work, filing for visa, getting it, adapting to the new environment etc than just doing the jobs.
Types of Jobs Abroad
The most common jobs abroad are related to every field that need manual skill. In this category comes the It jobs, all technical and teaching jobs and nursing jobs. India is the major player in outsourcing its employees for these jobs. Individuals also seek different Visas like H1B and L1B visa to work abroad.

The most demanding jobs to work abroad

Now the IT jobs are mostly required abroad for work. In New York 43% of the work force is Indian that mostly work in the Information Technology sector. Apart from IT it is the nursing that is in demand. Nurses after completing their basic education need to clear NCLEX-RN exam (for USA) and the TOEFL test in order to get H1B Visa. H1B visa is the most common type of work visa that is given to the specific number of applicant each year by USA. It is given to both IT and non-IT individuals if that job is in demand there. Along with USA, Jobs in UK are also seeing paradigm shift after the hard recession. UK is also the favorite option in the working abroad category. Here also you will find all these categories of jobs.
Working Abroad While Traveling
If you are a traveler then also you can find short term work abroad. The jobs related to sales, market research, construction, administration and hospitality are the most common to find. Employee will not have to work for the whole day but it can be a part time job where you will have to go for some hours of the day. Generally for these jobs in abroad less experience is required.

Finding abroad work in larger cities is much easier than the smaller ones. In small cities the kind of work is related to the daily life. Like agricultural rich city will look for the persons who can be helpful in picking fruits (if season is there).
How to Find Jobs for Working Abroad?
There are so many ways to find jobs and work abroad these days. Check the newspaper daily and mark all the advertisement for jobs that are related to you. Call every employer if you can. Search the online job portal websites. Today there are many work abroad websites that work free of cost. You can put your resume there and also contact the employer who has posted the job there. Also you can sign up with you local placement agency to grab the new work abroad job opportunities. These days there are many oversea recruitment agencies that can hep in getting hired and can also help you in emigration.

Work abroad jobs are generally available to the person who have relevant experience and education relevant to the experience. To enter into the category of working abroad you need to be at least graduate with minimum years of experience. The requirement of every category of job is different. Moreover job and its requirement are also country specific. Most of the IT and technical jobs in abroad are also short term. So you will be hired for the period of one year, two years or less. Even there are many short-term International jobs and Internships for the students and recent graduates. Apart from IT, teaching jobs and all the volunteer working abroad jobs are very popular.
Volunteer Work Abroad
Along with the traditional work abroad there are numerous Volunteer Work Abroad programs that include the programs in each and every sphere of life. Disable issues, elderly persons, children, education, animal life, energy, environment all are involved where candidates from abroad and from the same nation are always required. You can find the abroad volunteer program that matches your requirement of work. Few
Volunteer Organization for Working Abroad

* Work Camps in Europe
* American Friends Service Committee (work with rural communities in Latin America)
* Child Family Health International (clinical health work in Latin America, India and South Africa)
* Save the Children
* Doctors Without Borders
* Project HOPE
* CONCERN

Although we accept the offer of working in abroad because we see so many advantages in financial terms, position and living standards but we fail to see what we will actually be seeing after reaching there. Work abroad means that you are relocating to the foreign land where you will have to start from the scratch. So first of all you will have to make your mind for that before actually landing in the country for jobs abroad. So living and working abroad needs planning from your side so that you can live a happy life.

Although we accept the offer of working in abroad because we see so many advantages in financial terms, position and living standards but we fail to see what we will actually be seeing after reaching there. Work abroad means that you are relocating to the foreign land where you will have to start from the scratch. So first of all you will have to make your mind for that before actually landing in the country for jobs abroad. So living and working abroad needs planning from your side so that you can live a happy life.

Best of luck,,,,
25th June 2011, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Do I require work permit and TOEFL score to get an offer from US company? How are the job openings there?

HI,

I have 2 yrs of experience in telecom. have deen working as a software developer. am looking for settling abroad. am quite confused as which path to choose.
which is best? doing MS or apply for job. need ur guidance.

thanks
ga
30th March 2013, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

Do i need TOEFL Score to work in USA or any other abroad countries?? I need answer for this...
30th March 2013, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

Do i need TOEFL Score for working in abroad?? I need the appropriate answer for this question..
6th April 2013, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

I've have bachelors from India I'm looking for a Research kind of job in Biotech which is available in a company US what they ask is whether I have work authorization. In that case does it means visa and right now I don't have any toefl scores. Can it made available by the company recruiting us. pls tell me
22nd April 2014, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

I am a bba graduate i have a sponser in usa do i need toefl to get h1b visa even though i have english knowledge
16th September 2014, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

Hi
I have M S degree in chemistry from India's reputed university and 2 and half year experience in leading pharmaceutical company. My spouse she is green card holder in USA since 3 year. Is there any requirement for TOEFL or relevant exam clearance for getting job in usa ?

plz give me a needful answer.
Thanks
9th October 2014, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

I finish my MBA this year I want to get job in USA. please anybody can tell me what is process to get H1 visa ?
4th July 2015, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

Hi
I would like to work in abroad as a lecturer . I am doing my ME and I don't have any working experience .I am preparing to write TOEFL. Can I get a job without experience????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?