18th June 2012, 09:00 PM
abhilashchadalavada

Is there any chance to do M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering?

sir, i am pursuing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering. is there any chance doing M.Tech in aerospace engineering.

20th June 2012, 10:55 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any chance to do M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering?

You can apply for admission in M.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering with specialization in
"DYNAMICS CONTROL" at IITs.
The admission to M.Tech. courses at IITs are done eon the basis of GATE score
so you will have to appear and qualify GATE examination to participate in the admission
process.
You can be eligible for this course only if you take GATE with any of the following
engineering papers;
Mechanical Engineering (ME)
Electrical Engineering (EE)
Electronics Engineering (EC)
Instrumentation Engineering (IN)

The M.Tech. course in Aerospace engineering is offered at four IIT campuses.
IIT Bombay, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur and IIT Madras.
20th June 2012, 11:23 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

M.Tech. In Aerospace Engineering (AE1Y / AE1N)

This programme is based on a common core in the areas of aerodynamics, space technology, design, propulsion and structures.

Students also can choose elective courses offered by other departments which are of interest and have a direct bearing on the programme of studies

For further information visit web-site: www.ae.iitm.ac.in
20th June 2012, 11:39 PM
sweetravi18

Yes Abhilash, you can do M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering(AE) even if you have done B.tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE). You have to give GATE exam in Aerospace Engineering to secure a seat in one of IITs. But it is a risky task. You were very familiar ECE syllabus and you can do well if you give GATE in ECE. For M.Tech in AE you have to work hard and manage the time which is very critical.

From placements perspective, M.Tech in ECE will give better package than that of AE. So, be careful in choosing your career.

ALL THE BEST
23rd July 2012, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

i am doing btech in electronic&communication.i want to work in the field of satellite communication.is it possible
1st February 2013, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Hello
I am currently doing my B.E. ELECTRONICS AND INSTRUMENTATION . I wish do aerospace and astrophysics (tech.) research in ISRO / NASA.Can I specialize in aerospace in M.Tech/M.S. in aerospace?What GATE category should i choose. Also suggest some good coaching centres in chennai?
20th October 2013, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

is there any chance 2 enter into aerospace engineering after b.tech for ece students
25th January 2014, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

I am doing electrical engg. What should i do for doing mtech in aerospace engg
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?