24th June 2012, 03:11 PM
Sattibabu.g

How much is the percentage required for placement in B.Tech after passing 10th class with 80% and intermediate with 84%

Iam passed in 10th class with 80% and intermediate with 84% ,so how much percentage is required for placements in b.tech

1st September 2012, 11:24 PM
shadab879

Default Re: How much is the percentage required for placement in B.Tech after passing 10th class with 80% and intermediate with 84%

Hello,
Congratulations for scoring such a nice percentage in your 10th and 12th. If you maintain this percentage through your B.Tech course then you will be placed in a good cowpany through campus placements. Best of Luck.
1st September 2012, 11:51 PM
denwer1

Smile Re: How much is the percentage required for placement in B.Tech after passing 10th class with 80% and intermediate with 84%

Your 10th and intermediate percentages are very high which is indeed good. For getting into any top companies like microsoft, oracle, google...etc you ave to maintan at least 70% in your b.tech which is not that tough job. As you are sincere towards your career and studies you can easily achieve this percentage or even more. So BEST OF LUCK.
2nd September 2012, 04:35 AM
ankursachan

Smile Re: How much is the percentage required for placement in B.Tech after passing 10th class with 80% and intermediate with 84%

Hi.....You have scored good marks in 10th and 12th but for placement in good company you have to scored 75% in B.Tech. The eligibity criteria for the companies are varied and it almost 60% in B.Tech but again to get your dream company it is better to score above 75% in your B.Tech.
Thank You
2nd September 2012, 11:02 AM
shuchi mehra

Any company that come for campus placement has its own criteria of minimum percentage of marks in 10th 12th and btech ......
u have scored a good percentage in 10th and 12th
you just have to maintain them in btech also..
however minimum criteria on an average is 60 to 65 percentage in as an aggregate in 4years of btech...
some high ranked companies also ask for 70 to 75 percentage as minimum percentage in btech

so for a good campus placement u need to fulfill following conditions:-
1)above 65 to 70 percent in 10th and 12th board exam
2)above 60to 65 percent minimum average in 4years of btech
3)have to clear the written and interview process of the particular company

the most important is to clear the placement process of the company.
it may vary from company to company.....
it may be in stages..
it may include
*technical interview
*general interview
*group discussion
*technical written exam
*aptitude written exam

hope u got an idea how campus placements are performed...
do write if any query left regarding this..
2nd September 2012, 02:01 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much is the percentage required for placement in B.Tech after passing 10th class with 80% and intermediate with 84%

It depends whether you are applying for private job or government job. The percentage requirement is different for different company in various fields. If you had given me more details about the Engineering branch you are studying, I could have been able to answer specifically about the company in the related field.

Let's start with government jobs. What I am talking about is Public Sector Undertaking jobs. The requirement for PSU jobs is 60 percent marks in B.Tech course. There are several companies that do not give importance to marks obtained in 10th and 12th standards while some want around 60 percent marks throughout the academic carrer. However this is very rare in Public Sector Undertakings. Not to mention that reserve category candidates get some relaxation in the percentage criteria.

PSU Companies List:

DRDO

BSNL

MTNL

GAIL

BEL

BHEL

IOCL

ONGC

ISRO

As far as private companies are concerned. They give importance to 10th, 12th and graduation course marks. Apart from that you should not have any backlogs when applying for the job. Additionally most private companies would not give job to candidate who has more than one year of gap between 10th to graduation course.

The percentage requirement in private companies depend on whether you are applying for top companies in the field or mid level companies. Mostly the top companies require around 60 to 70 percent marks in 10th and 12th standard while 65 percent marks in Engineering course.

Some examples include Infosys which requires 65 percent marks in 10th and 12th standard while 68 percent marks in graduation course. However in case a candidate meets the first two criteria, Infosys may give some relaxation in the percentage requirement for Engineering course. Similarly HCL requires 65 percent marks throughout the academic career.

On the other hand big MNC like IBM requires 60 percent in 10 and 12th while 70 percent in Engineering course.

Then you have companies who would happily accept the candidates with 55 to 60 percent marks in Engineering. However the pay would be less in comparison to top companies.

My recommendation is that you go for at least 65 to 70 percent marks in B.Tech course. Obviously it is easier said than done but if you could achieve this percentage, it would be great for you career.
10th September 2012, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

what is the best percentage in b.tech
how much percentage we need to get in aeronautical engineering to get central government jobs
30th November 2012, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

i m pursuing B.Tech 3rd year with CS branch. I passed my 10th with 58.5% and 12th with 75% and my B.Tech aggregate 79% till now. Now plzz suggest me how much my 10th percentage matters in placement.....??? rplyy fasttt
19th March 2013, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

will percentage in 12th class to be eligible for placement increase to 70% or above in next 4 years?
23rd April 2013, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

i m pursuing B.Tech 3rd year with CS branch. I passed my 10th with 70% and 12th with 56% and my B.Tech aggregate 65.36% till now. Now plzz suggest me how much my 12th percentage matters in placement.....??? rplyy fasttt
8th June 2013, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Same here bro .. I have lost much of the percentage due to some subjects every year
27th June 2013, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE COMPLETED 8TH SEM WITH 73%. MY AGGREGATE MARKS IN BE 1ST TO 8TH SEM IS 58%, FROM 5TH TO 8TH SEM 61%, I HAD 2 BACKLOGS IN 3RD AND 5TH SEM WHICH I CLEARED. 3RD WS CLEARED IN 5TH SEM, 5TH WS CLERED IN 7TH SEM. AM I ELIGIBLE TO GET JOB IN MNC LIKE INFOSYS, WIPRO, TCS ETC. WHICH PERCENTAGE DO THEY CONSIDER FOR JOB . WILL THOSE 2 BACKLOGS WHICH I CLEARED CAUSE PROBLEM FOR GETTING JOB IN GOOD COMPANY AND GOVT. JOBS?
2nd July 2013, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE GOT 74% IS THIS SUITABLE FOR BTECH
21st July 2013, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

i have got 58% marks in 10th and 60.5% in 12th now i am dooing b.tech 3rd sem but i got 1rst year 72% marks
am i able to good company for a placement when i will got in b.tech all years 75% above
4th March 2014, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Placement ke samay 12th or 10th ka percentage appear hota hai for engineering b.tech or be.
11th March 2014, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

Hello guys. I have secured 72 percent in 10 th and 88 percent in 11 and 12 and 80percent in engineering (group case) .can any one tell do I get a good job with above marks

Thank you, in advance
24th April 2014, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

i have secure sir in mca and bca parsentage 70% in bca and 75% in mca but sir i am very secure less for 10th and 12th persentage 44.16% in 10yh and 58.58% in 12th so ply ply sir suggest me that i am eligible or not any software company
15th November 2014, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

i had secure 72% in 10th class n 72% in intermediate also
but in b.tech i hav backlogs am in final year now ... will i get a job in software company?? or not pass is mandatory to apply jobs?????
29th July 2016, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

I have inter percentage 58% is best join in btech it correct way to join btech plz tell me and in inter 58%is the won't get job after btech plz tell me
19th October 2018, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

I have 10th 80 and intermediate 58 and Bsc and MCA 80 Percentage . I am applying top MNC companies eligible or not
7th January 2021, 10:13 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have got 73% in 10th class and 54.80% with jee main select in 12th class and pass out btech with 63% sir i can get good placement and job aportuniti please tell me sir
8th January 2021, 01:48 PM
prynsh7

You need to maintain a percentage of 70% to be placed in good companies like Microsoft, Amazon etc. However, Placements depends upon the skills that you acquire and how much you have knowledge in that field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?