24th June 2012, 07:58 PM
hema pulagam

Details about the bank jobs? I am pursuing B.Tech 4th year

hai sir,
these is hema persuing btech 4th year and i want to now details of alla bank jobs and government jobs eligible for my education so please help me knowing such details my mail id : [email protected] please help me sir

thank you sir

31st August 2012, 02:29 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details about the bank jobs? I am pursuing B.Tech 4th year

Hi Hema,

If you had provided more information about the which stream you are studying in Engineering, I would have been in much better condition to answer the question. There are various government jobs for you to apply which also includes bank jobs but I would not recommend you to go for bank jobs.

The first option for you is PSU jobs. The Public Sector Undertakings in India offer jobs to the Engineering graduates. However they require at least 60 percent marks in B.Tech course to be eligible for the job.

There are jobs for various Engineering streams like Chemical, Mechanical, Civil, Aerospace etc. Since you have not mentioned your stream, I can not be specific about PSU where you can apply for the jobs.

To get Public Sector Undertaking jobs, candidate is required to appear in written test followed by interview. The details of the exam is published in leading employment dailies and the official websites of the PSU. Your performance in the written test would determine whether you would get the job or not.

Each PSU conducts its own entrance exam. However some Public Sector companies no longer conducts exam instead they give job on the basis of candidate's performance in the GATE Exam. Therefore you should appear in the GATE exam, regardless of fact that you want to pursue M.Tech or not.

List of PSU:

BHEL

BEL

MTNL

BSNL

HAL

DRDO

INDIAN RAILWAYS

IOCL

HPCL

ONGC

ISRO

NTPC

SAIL

GAIL

Other great option for Engineering candidates is IES which stands for Indian Engineering Exam. This exam is conducted to recruit Engineers for various government departments. Only candidates who have completed Engineering in the following streams:

Civil Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Mechanical engineering.

Electronics and Communication Engineering

Eligibility

You should be Indian citizen.

Your age should be 21 to 30 years to appear in IES Exam. There is also relaxation for reserve category candidates.

You must have B.Tech degree in one of the following streams: Civil/Electrical/Mechanical/ECE

Third option I would recommend to you is Civil Service Examination. The Union Public Service Commission conducts this exam to recruit IAS, IPS and IFS officers. Here are the requirements:

Eligibility

1. A graduation degree in any stream from a recognised university.

2. Age should be 21 to 30 years.

3. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates in upper age limit.

4. General candidates have 4 attempts to clear the exam, 7 for OBC and there is no limit for SC/ST candidates.

Banking Jobs

If you still want banking jobs then apply for the IBPS PO or IBPS Clerk Exam. You are eligible for both exams although I would recommend that you apply for the IBPS PO Exam. Here are the requirements:

Eligibility for PO

1. A graduation degree in any stream.

2. Age should be 20 to 30 years.

3. There is relaxation in upper age for OBC and SC/ST candidates.
31st August 2012, 04:12 PM
FIRST RANK SOLUTION

[IMG]
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5XhqQUBZQ29werWh1B5oFG2vEV43vf gJcNYZLUukUXbpKc-tb9YOU5O0
[/IMG]

You can apply for Bank PO.

Final year candidates are also eligible.

ELIGIBILITY OF BANK PO EXAM
You have a graduate degree from a approved university.
Age limit- 21 to 30 years.This may be relexed upto 5 yefor reserved categories.
You can apply through IBPS common bank PO exam and also in SBI Bank PO examination.
Upkar's Bank PO guide is also a good book.You can prefer it.

ALL THE BEST...
31st August 2012, 04:29 PM
suvendum14

hi..
you can apply for bank PO exam...
You better go for IBPS PO or IBPS clerk exam...

eligibility for ibps exam-
1.you must be graduate from a recognised university.
2.your age should be 18to 29 tears.
3. there is relaxation for reserved categories.

For banking IBPS exam..you must be well in aptitude..
for practicing I aptitude this is the best book..

All the best..
~$uVenDu~
31st August 2012, 04:51 PM
archanagalenka

Thumbs up Re: Details about the bank jobs? I am pursuing B.Tech 4th year

Quote:
Originally Posted by hema pulagam View Post
hai sir,
these is hema persuing btech 4th year and i want to now details of alla bank jobs and government jobs eligible for my education so please help me knowing such details my mail id : [email protected] please help me.
thank you sir
hi!!

IBPS(institute of banking and personal selection) conducts it's exam every year for the recruitment for the various positions in bank namely

-Bank PO
-Bank clerk

now,for a person to become eligible to give this exam one needs to fully satisfy the Eligibility criteria which is mentioned below::

ELIGIBILTY

-Graduation from a recognised university

-candidates in their final year of graduation can also apply

-age should be b/w 21 to 28 years for general candidates

-however,some relaxation in age for SC/ST/OBC

-for SC/ST in age ,relaxation of 5 years

-for OBC a relaxation of 3 years.

-No backlogs while appearing for the same.

subjects

-general awareness

-maths

-English

-reasoning

-computer knowledge

when you clear the written exam you will require to face the Personal Interview for which you need to have the following qualities which can have an everlasting effect:::
  • good communication skills
  • good speaking skills
  • better proficiency in english speaking
  • confidence

for more information visit:: CLICK HERE

ALL THE BEST...
6th October 2012, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

how can i apply for all bank jobs???
whan is test being conducted???
2nd December 2012, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

sir this is tanuja persuing btech 3rd year of IT and i want to now details of all bank jobs and government jobs eligible for my education so please help me knowing such details please help me.
thank you sir
2nd December 2012, 09:25 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Hello friend,

The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts the Common Written Examination (CWE) as a qualifying exam for jobs in 19 public sector banks in India. The PO exam is conducted for Probationary Officer
/ Management Trainee posts.

The examination is conducted at an all India level for the class 1 posts.
exam includes English fluency and mental ability tests.
Private/ Foreign banks- The recruitment process is conducted at renowned institutes like University of Mumbai, University of Delhi, Xavier Labor Relations Institute and IIMs.

Those who have successfully go through a written test followed by a personal interview to be recruited for the designation of probationer officer. Central Recruitment Board (SBI) conducts the selection process.
IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) takes the responsibility of advertising about these vacancies.

The entrance exams in the banking sector generally contain a written test followed by personal interview/group discussion.

Eligibility criteria for the IBPS clerical exams -

AGE CRITERIA :-

EXAM PATTERN :-

PARTICIPATING BANKS :-

BEST WISHES.....
3rd December 2012, 10:06 AM
Ravi dikshith

Dear Aspirant!

Being in final year b.tech and that too from E.c.e department,you have many opportunities in both the private as well as the government sector.In that way you can also get into banking sector also but that is only possible only after the completion of graduation.

Basically in banking sector you can get into clerical and probationary officer posts.For getting into those posts you need to write a written test and must get qualified.

ELIGIBILITY DETAILS:
The Institute of Banking and Personal Selection released its notification for the clerical exam and the last date for applying is November 5th.

EXAM PATTERN: The exam pattern is also changed and previous there used to 50 questions in each section and total of 5 sections but now the exam is conducted online and there will be 5 sections and each section consists of 40 questions only.For every corect answer one mark will be awarded and for every wrong answer 0.25 mark will be deducted.

ELIGIBILITY DETAILS:
The eligibility details for the clerical exam are mentioned below:
  • Candidate must be citizen of India.
  • Must have completed 10th or 12th standard with atleast 55% of marks.
  • Minimum age allowed is 18 years and applicable for all categories.
  • The maximum age is 28 years.
  • The candidates belonging to SC/ST category will get 5 years upper age relaxable.
  • The candidates belonging to OBC category will get 3 years upper age relaxable.
  • The candidates belonging to Physically handicapped category will get 10 years upper age relaxable.
  • The candidates belonging to Ex-service men category will get 5 years upper age relaxable.
These are the details of clerical posts.

EXAM PATTERN: The exam pattern for the p.o exam consists of an objective test and descriptive test.Coming to the objective test there are five sections.Each section consists of 50 questions for 50 marks.However the English section consists for 25 marks only,the other 25 marks is for descriptive test only.In the descriptive test the candidate's writing skills are tested.

ELIGIBILITY DETAILS:
The eligibility details for the p.o exam are mentioned below:
  • Candidate must be citizen of India.
  • Must have completed graduation with atleast 55% of marks.
  • Minimum age allowed is 21 years and applicable for all categories.
  • The maximum age is 30 years.
  • The candidates belonging to SC/ST category will get 5 years upper age relaxable.
  • The candidates belonging to OBC category will get 3 years upper age relaxable.
  • The candidates belonging to Physically handicapped category will get 10 years upper age relaxable.
  • The candidates belonging to Ex-service men category will get 5 years upper age relaxable.
These are the details of p.o posts.

SYLLABUS:
The syllabus for both the clerical and p.o posts is same.Concentrate on the below topics because all the sections are based on these topics only.They are:
1.GENERAL AWARENESS
2.COMPUTER BASICS
3.NUMERICAL ABILITY
4.APTITUDE
5.ENGLISH

So the above mentioned details are particularly related to IBPS and they are also applicable for other private banks also.It will be a good decision to choose career in banking because in the coming years there are almost 3 lakhs opportunities.

ALL THE BEST BUDDY
3rd December 2012, 01:40 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

There are two types of Bank job:- Clerical and P.O.(Probationary Officer)

The exam for above two job is conducted generally by State Bank of India and IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection) for 19 Public Sector banks.

As you are pursing 4th year B.Tech. Degree after completion of which you can apply for both Clerical and P.O. job and I will suggest you to apply for Bank P.O. exam.

The eligible candidate aspiring for Bank P.O. must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with Computer Operation knowledge.

For more information you may log on to http://www.statebankofindia.com AND http://www.ibps.in
14th March 2013, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of btech 4th year. i have got my marksheets upto 3rd year,. can i appear for the exam of assistant officer in lic
26th July 2015, 08:32 AM
Unregistered

I am pursuing btech fourth year in the stream of e.c.e,i want to write bank po exam ,is it possible for me to write in 2015
16th June 2018, 02:14 AM
Unregistered

hey sir,
This is Pallavi persuing btech 3rd year and I want to know details of SBI jobs and government jobs eligible for me..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?