10th February 2011, 12:24 AM
anupama rana

Syllabus for M.Sc Biotechnology?

msc biotech syllabus?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for M.Sc Biotechnology?
  2. Which Entrance Exams I have to appear for to make entry into Research side being a candidate of doing M.Sc Integrated Biotechnology? Information regarding NET Exam? Syllabus for NET Exam?
  3. MSc Biotechnology syllabus and eligibility criteria for admission in MSc Biotechnology? Previous 10 years question papers?
  4. Syllabus of MSc Final Year Biotechnology of UOR?
  5. From where can I do coaching for MSc Integrated Biotechnology exam? Syllabus of the exam?
  6. What's the examination date of PET? How may I get syllabus for the same? I am studying in M.Sc(biotechnology)
  7. From which college to pursue M.Tech? Which branches are available in M.Tech and what is the fee structure?
  8. What is the Syllabus for MSc Biotechnology?
  9. What can I do between MSc Biotechnology and MBA after completing BSc with Biotechnology
  10. In which MSc course should I take admission? Which is better between MSc Environmental Study and MSc Biotechnology?
  11. Syllabus for ICAR NET Biotechnology? What to do after completing MSc in Biotechnology?
  12. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for MSc agriculture biotechnology in abroad? -- [New]
  13. Other courses after company secretary course? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. What syllabus to prepare for the Entrance Exam for M.Sc in Biotechnology?
  15. Whether I should go for MBA or Ph.D. after M.Sc. in Biotechnology?
  16. What is the syllabus for MSc entrance in biotechnology?
  17. Which course is preferred after completing B.Sc(biotechnology), either M.Sc(forensic) or M.Sc(microbiology) or M.Sc(biotechnology)?
  18. What should I do after passing BSc Biotechnology between MSc Forensic and MSc Medical Biotechnology
10th February 2011, 12:41 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Syllabus for M.Sc Biotechnology?

Dear Anupama
For your information:
Syllabus of Jawaharlal Nehru University MSc Biotechnology -

Semester - I

BT511 - Mathematics for Biologists

BT512 - Biophysical Chemistry

BT513 - Computational Biology-I

BT514 - Biochemistry

BT515 - Enzymology

BT516 - Immunology

BT517 - Cell Biology

BT518 - Laboratory Techniques-I

Semester - II
BT521 - Molecular Biology and Molecular Genetics

BT522 - Bioprocess Technology

BT523 - Engineering Principles

BT524 - Laboratory Techniques-II

Semester - III
BT531 - Computational Biology-II

BT532 - Molecular Biology of Eukaryotic Systems

BT533 - Genetic Engineering & Applications

BT534 - Immunotechnology

Semester - IV
BT541 Journal Club-II

BT542 Project

BT543 Project Presentation

For more details you can see the website:www.indiastudycenter.com
all the best
11th February 2011, 10:28 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

M.Sc is a two year course which is divided in the 4 equal semesters. In each semester students will have to study different subjects. In the 1st semester students will be taught on subjects like General Microbiology, Molecular Genetics, Biochemistry, Immunology & Medical Biotechnology, Microbiology, Molecular Genetics Lab, English and Computer Awareness. In the 2nd semester the syllabus will take students to more in-depth subjects which will include Cell and Molecular Biology, Industrial Biotechnology, Research Methodology, Instrumentations etc. In the 3rd semester it goes in to subjects like Recombinant DNA technology, Plant and Animal biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology etc. And in the 4th semester the main subjects involved are Commercial Management of Biotechnology and the final project.
18th February 2011, 12:45 PM
Aman Sapra

BIOLOGY (10+2+3 Standard)

Unit 1:- General Biology

Taxonomy; Heredity; Genetic variation; Conservation; Principles of ecology; Evolution; Techniques in modern biology.

Unit 2 :-Biochemistry and Physiology

Carbohydrates; Proteins; Lipids; Nucleic acids; Enzymes; Vitamins; Hormones; Metabolism; Photosynthesis. Nitrogen Fixation, Fertilization and Osmoregulation; Nervous system; Endocrine system; Vascular system; Immune system; Digestive system, Reproductive System.

Unit 3 :-Basic Biotechnology

Tissue culture; Application of enzymes; Antigen-antibody interaction; Antibody production; Diagnostic aids.

Unit 4 :-Molecular Biology

DNA; RNA; Replication; Transcription; Translation; Proteins; Lipids; Membranes; Gene transfer.

Unit 5:-Cell Biology

Cell cycle; Cytoskeletal elements; Mitochondria; Endoplasmic reticulum; chloroplast; Golgi apparatus; Signaling.

Unit 6:-Microbiology

Isolation; Cultivation; Characterization and enumeration of virus; Bacteria; Fungi; Protozoa; Pathogenic micro-organisms.

CHEMISTRY (10+2+3 Standard)

Unit 1 :-Atomic Structure

Bohr’s theory and Schrodinger wave equation; Periodicity in properties;Chemical bonding; Properties of s, p, d and f block elements; Complex formation; Coordination compounds; Chemical equilibria; Chemical thermodynamics (first and second law);Chemical kinetics (zero, first, second and third order reactions); Photochemistry; Electrochemistry; Acid-base concepts; Stereochemistry of carbon compounds; Inductive, Electromeric, conjugative effects and resonance.

Unit 2 :-Chemistry of Functional Groups

Hydrocarbons, alkyl halides, alcohols, aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids, amines and their derivatives; Aromatic hydrocarbons, halides, nitro and amino compounds, phenols, diazonium salts,carboxylic and sulphonic acids; Mechanism of organic reaction; Soaps and detergents; Synthetic polymers; Biomoleculesaminoacids, proteins, nucleic acids, lipids and carbohydrates (polysaccharides); Instrumental techniques – chromatography (TLC, HPLC), electrophoresis, UV-Vis-IR and NMR spectroscopy, mass spectrometry, etc.

MATHEMATICS (10+2 Standard)

Sets, Relations and Functions, Mathematical Induction, Logarithms, Complex numbers, Linear and Quadratic equations, Sequences and Series, Trignometry, Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates, Straight lines and Family, Circles, Conic Sections, Permutations and Combinations, Binomial Theorem, Exponential and Logarithmic Series, Mathematical Logic, Statistics, Three Dimensional Geometry, Vectors, Stocks, Shares and Debentures, Average and Partition Values, Index numbers, Matrices and Determinants, Boolean Algebra, Probability, Functions, limits and Continuity, Differentiation, Application of Derivatives, Definite and Indefinite Integrals, Differential Equations, Elementary Statics and Dynamics, Partnership, Bill of Exchange, Linear Programming, Annuities, Application of Calculus in Commerce and Economics.

PHYSICS (10+2 Standard)

Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power Electrostatics, Current electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Electromagnetics waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations, Atomic Nucleus, Solids and Semiconductor Devices, Principles of Communication,Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Heat and Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves.
22nd April 2011, 11:23 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,

The whole SYLLABUS is as follows:-

Semester - I
BT511 - Mathematics for Biologists
BT512 - Biophysical Chemistry
BT513 - Computational Biology-I
BT514 - Biochemistry
BT515 - Enzymology
BT516 - Immunology
BT517 - Cell Biology
BT518 - Laboratory Techniques-I

Semester - II
BT521 - Molecular Biology and Molecular Genetics
BT522 - Bioprocess Technology
BT523 - Engineering Principles
BT524 - Laboratory Techniques-II

Semester - III
BT531 - Computational Biology-II
BT532 - Molecular Biology of Eukaryotic Systems
BT533 - Genetic Engineering & Applications
BT534 - Immunotechnology

Semester - IV
BT541 Journal Club-II
BT542 Project
BT543 Project Presentation.

Thanks.
18th June 2011, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

sir,which degree in BT eigther BE or MSc biotec gives best in research purposes........?
6th August 2011, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

i want syllabus of m.sc biotechnology of vinayaka mission university
27th November 2011, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

plz tell me syllabus of msc final biotechnology of UOR
20th March 2012, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

i want to know about topics ,will expected to come in sbkwu job test
6th September 2012, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

i have done B.sc in agriculture can i get addmission in m.sc biotecnology plz help me
17th October 2012, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

What are the subjects in mse biotechnology??
25th October 2013, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

i want jnu previous testpaper
7th December 2014, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Sir im doing biotechnology with pharmaceutical chemistry n i want to complete my msc in genetic engineering so what can i do for admission in jnu
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?