10th February 2011, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria to do MSc statistics?

i completed BSc maths,physics,chemistry. but now i want to do MSc statistics.what is eligible criteria to do msc statistics?

Related Questions:
  1. Which is the entrance exam for MSc statistics
  2. Eligibility criteria dn procedure of doing internship in ISRO? Jobs available in ISRO for M.Sc Statistics student?
  3. Which are the top 15 MSc Agricultural statistics colleges in India?
  4. What all benefits are there in MSc Statistics course? How many colleges have MSc Statistics department?
  5. Which course is better between MSc Operational Research and MSc statistics? What is the eligibility criteria and procedure?
  6. Which course is better between MSc Operational Research and MSc statistics? What is the eligibility criteria and procedure?
  7. Eligibility of M.Sc Statistics after B.Sc Mathematics?
  8. Is Indian Statistical Service a Civil Service? Eligibility criteria of ISS 2016 exam? -- [New]
  9. Any entrance exam for BSc maths and BSc Statistics? Eligibility criteria for BSc Maths and BSc Statistics?
  10. How to do MSc statistics after pursuing BSc degree in Maths and Statistics
  11. Which Companies in Mumbai give Employment for Statistician? In which posts a Statistician can be employed? Does M.Sc in Statistics different from M.Sc in Applied Statistics?
  12. Am I eligible to apply in ICAR-JRF if secured 51% in M.Sc(Statistics)?
  13. Government jobs after doing MSc in Statistics? Information regarding salary package?
  14. Can I do Ph.D after completing MSc statistics with 65%?
  15. Is there any entrance exam available to study M.Sc(Statistics) in ISI, Kolkata? Eligibility to apply?
  16. Which one is better for me between M.Sc in Statistics and Job after completion of B.Sc in Statistics?
  17. What is the eligibility criteria for MSc Biotech and the syllabus for the entrance in MSc Biotech?
  18. How to take admission in MSc in statistics? I am studying TYBSc with statistics
11th February 2011, 11:21 PM
khan2003

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to do MSc statistics?

you are eligible for MSc statistics.

as one should have maths/statistics at graduation level, but some universities conduct enterance test and some not.

So you can opt the institution according to your choice.
11th February 2011, 11:46 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

THe common eligibiliy criteria is that you must have a Bachelor degree in Science or Arts stream with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.

So according to what you have mentioned I think you are eligible as You have bachelor degree with Maths subject

So go for it
11th February 2011, 11:55 PM
swati biswas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i completed BSc maths,physics,chemistry. but now i want to do MSc statistics.what is eligible criteria to do msc statistics?
hello dear
I am happy to inform you that in order to pursue MSc statistics, main and compulsory subject at undergraduate level is mathematics/ statistics irrespective of discipline. Thus you are for sure eligible to pursue it. Though some institutional admissions are based on entrance exams, some take according to merit list. study hard and focus on your goal.
best wishes
12th February 2011, 12:32 AM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend;
Greeting for the day;

yes,you are 100% eligible,no need to worry.The Basic Eligibility Criteria for M.SC Statistics is you have completed graduation with Either math,Physics,Chemistry or Arts (but math is a compulsory subject).
so go ahead and choose Best college .

All the very Best
Good luck
Thanks
12th February 2011, 10:28 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Eligibility criteria to do MSc statistics?

[QUOTE]i completed BSc maths,physics,chemistry. but now i want to do MSc statistics.what is eligible criteria to do msc statistics?/QUOTE]

M.Sc Statistics.

For applying For M.Sc statistics a guy or girl need to have Mathematics as Degree level

And according to your information that you have done your B.Sc with maths , physics and chemistry then Yes !! you are Eligible for admitting yourself in M.sc statistics..
12th February 2011, 12:04 PM
asish
Senior Member+

dear friend,
you can get all the information about the eligibility criteria from this link
http://www.eduqna.com/Higher-Education/647-higher-education-2-11.html
all the best
12th February 2011, 12:55 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

The eligibility criteria for MSc statistics is graduation in science or Arts stream from a recognize university. Candidate of B.Sc or B.A honour must have minimum 55% marks in the average in the Honours subject. Candidate of other graduate course must have minimum 55% marks in graduation. So if you have 55% marks in graduation then you are eligible for MSc statistics.
21st February 2011, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

which universities offer msc statistics course
2nd April 2011, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

I did english literature and presently doing mca final year. Can anyone guide me if I can pursue msc statistics. I had maths in higher secondary
5th April 2011, 10:21 PM
venkat raju

Smile Re: Eligibility criteria to do MSc statistics?

[QUOTE=Unregistered;373036]i completed BSc mathematics statistics computerscience. but now i want to do MSc statistics.what is eligible criteria to do msc statistics? because iam instrested that subject and tell about career
2nd May 2011, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B Sc physics(honours) with Mathematics and Chemistry as subsidiary papers,but i want to do M Sc statistics. am i eligible or not?
2nd May 2011, 06:05 PM
shermin
Senior Member+

You can do M.Sc statistics as you have done B.Sc with Maths as one of your subject.
2nd May 2011, 09:02 PM
SAMSUMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
i completed bsc maths,physics,chemistry. But now i want to do msc statistics.what is eligible criteria to do msc statistics?
hi friend
i am happy to say that after graduation you are eligible for msc degree in any college .

With regards
sumit thakur
24th May 2011, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

can i do M.sc statistic after M.com.............is there any option,kindly reply me
6th June 2011, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

can you please informe which is the best college to do m.sc in bangalore
6th June 2011, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

can i no which college is the best to do the m.sc in statistics in bangalore
8th June 2011, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

i am B tech in electronics and communication engineering and in this course having three papers of mathematics. can i do m sc statistics
7th July 2011, 03:11 AM
Unregistered

i am doing engineering.am i eligible for statistics hons.??
11th July 2011, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

is there applicable for msc in mathematics after BE in infomation technology
3rd August 2011, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum cut of marks in Subsidiary subjects to eligible for m.sc in Statistics in Calcutta University ??
22nd August 2011, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

I am studying Economics as my Honours subject and Mathematics and Statistics as my Pass subjects .After completing graduation shall I be eligible for M.Sc in Statistics?
22nd October 2011, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

i have done a graduation with economics but i want to get the admission in msc statstics. can i get it?
1st December 2011, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Hi I have done my BE IT how can I do MSc statistics
20th December 2011, 09:08 AM
Unregistered

I m doinng b.com pass course nd i had maths and stats in 2nd year cn i do Msc in stats???
5th February 2012, 03:23 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

Dear Friend;
Greeting for the day;

yes,you are 100% eligible,no need to worry.The Basic Eligibility Criteria for M.SC Statistics is you have completed graduation with Either math,Physics,Chemistry or Arts (but math is a compulsory subject).
so go ahead and choose Best college .

All the very Best
Good luck

THe common eligibiliy criteria is that you must have a Bachelor degree in Science or Arts stream with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.

So according to what you have mentioned I think you are eligible as You have bachelor degree with Maths subject

So go for it

So go for it

you are eligible for MSc statistics.

as one should have maths/statistics at graduation level, but some universities conduct enterance test and some not.

So you can opt the institution according to your choice.

The eligibility criteria for MSc statistics is graduation in science or Arts stream from a recognize university. Candidate of B.Sc or B.A honour must have minimum 55% marks in the average in the Honours subject. Candidate of other graduate course must have minimum 55% marks in graduation. So if you have 55% marks in graduation then you are eligible for MSc statistics.
5th February 2012, 03:41 PM
pandeyshekhar89

The common basic eligibility criteria for taking admission in the M.Sc Statistic is given below:

3 - year Bachelor’s degree with Statistics as full subject, or a B. Stat./B. Math. degree or a Statistician’s Diploma/ Senior Diploma in Statistics

All the best
5th February 2012, 04:35 PM
jeevi12

Arrow Re: Eligibility criteria to do MSc statistics?

Quote:
Eligibility :
A candidate for being eligible for admission to the M.A./ M.Sc. degree in Statistics must have passed the Bachelor of Science or Arts degree examination with Statistics as the major subject of university of Mumbai or an equivalent examination of another recognized University.
5th February 2012, 05:36 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Eligibility criteria for M.Sc in statistics:-

1.Candidate must have maths/stats in Bachelor degree..

2.Candidate has to secure 60% marks in maths or stats in Bachelor degree course..

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill to get admission in M.Sc in statistic course..

All the best..
3rd March 2012, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

I am doing B.B.A final year, I had statistics in 1 st year and operations research in 2 Nd year. can I do M.SC in statistic
3rd March 2012, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I'm Siddu

I m persuing final year B.com. and i would like to join M.Sc statistics after my B.Com completion.
I had maths and stats in 1st year, am I be eligible for Msc Statistics???

Thank you in anticipation,
Siddu
21st March 2012, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

hi i have completed b.e biotechnology. am i eligible to do msc in statistics?
16th April 2012, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

i have cmpleted my bsc in ecomics, mathmatics n statistics. Now i hv nt apeard for iit or isi. How can i pe[
22nd June 2012, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

hi!
I am a student of bsc statistics 3rd year. i want to persue msc in statistics from du. can u tell me the procedure ?
also if i wanna go in for operational research, what shd i do?? what all entrance examz do i need to write?
2nd September 2012, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

i am persuing graduation from DU of pass course Bsc. phy sc (chem) so can i go for study in Msc. in statistics after completing my graduation?
20th October 2012, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
I have completed my B.com.Am i eligible for M.sc in statistics.Please can you Leave a message.
20th October 2012, 02:51 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend........

Eligibility Criteria for M.Sc Statistics : -

Candidates for admission in to M.Sc statistics should have passed the B.Sc degree examination with statistics as the main branch of study, or candidates who have passed the B.Sc degree examination with mathematics as the main branch of study, with statistics as an ancillary / allied subjects or as one of the papers, or a graduate in any subject with additional diploma in statistics/health statistics from an institution of repute, or an examination of some other university accepted as equivalent.

Regards...

Tash
23rd October 2012, 12:58 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility of M.sc. Statistics:

candidate must have passed B.sc. Degree with statistics from any recognized university.

Candidate must need the subject of mathematics in statistics in B.sc.

Candidate also completed diploma in statistics eligible to do the M.sc. Statistics.

ALL THE BEST.
18th February 2013, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

I Am studying B.pharmacy final year, after this am i eligible to study MSc statistics or not?
7th June 2013, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

i want to take physics,statistics and computer science in bsc but i didnt have comp.sc. In 12 class . Is it advisable to take it now.i am taking this subject because i dont want to take maths. is there any other option.and i want to also tell u that i didnt have bio also.
18th July 2013, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
im studing B.S(Agri Business Management )in TNAU.I would like to do M.SC(Agricultural Statistics).but will i take M.SC(Agricultural Statistics ) eligible for my course? after completed B.S(ABM) i will take agricultural statistics eligible for my course i have doubt this one sir...im doing 3ird yr B.S(ABM) still 5th semester is going on sir. i will prepare now itself sir so then only i hear sir.....kindly reply answer to my question sir... statistics is one of the course in my 4th and 5th semester.i will attach my course schedule . kindly send me my mail id sir........... thisis my mail id [email protected]
26th June 2014, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

Sir
I'm a B.com (taxation) graduate. I would like to take up M.sc statistics a s my P.G course.There was statistics in my first year (1st and 2nd sem).
Am I eligible to apply for it?
please reply as early as possible!!!
23rd June 2015, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandeyshekhar89 View Post
The common basic eligibility criteria for taking admission in the M.Sc Statistic is given below:

3 - year Bachelor’s degree with Statistics as full subject, or a B. Stat./B. Math. degree or a Statistician’s Diploma/ Senior Diploma in Statistics

All the best
I have finished my bsc degree with maths,physics and statistics with 81%
. I want to do msc in statistics through ignou university so what is the procedure and requirements for getting admission
29th July 2015, 09:09 AM
Unregistered

Sir i completed my bsc withs the subjects maths, physics and computer science. Is iam eligible for doing msc statistics in osmania university
3rd May 2018, 04:04 PM
iamssuhana

The minimum eligibility for admission to which is completion of B.A. (Honors)/ B.Sc.(Honors) in Statistics or Mathematics /Bsc MAths with computer and statistics as one of the subject, or graduation with min. 60% in a related discipline (Mathematics and Statistics as main subjects at the level of graduation ) from a recognized university.
The best colleges to study Msc Statistics are:

ISI- Indian statistical institute

IIT K

Delhi university

Lovely Professional University

St Xavier's college mumbai

Lady shri ram college for women

Indian school of mines

Loyola college chennai
7th July 2019, 09:51 PM
Aleena123

I want to do msc statistics but i am unaware about the syllabus for it. Please help me
3rd August 2019, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

I took Bsc in chemistry .can I do msc in statistics.. I studied pu in statistics
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?