11th February 2011, 01:07 AM
SweetMeg

Syllabus for DRDO Senior Technical Assistant in Chemistry?

I am preparing for the DRDO senior technical assistant in chemistry , PLEASE provide the syllabus

Related Questions:
  1. Syllabus for DRDO Senior Technical Assistant in Chemistry?
  2. Questions & syllabus of drdo senior technical assistant exam (computer science)?
  3. Eligibility to apply for the post of Senior Assistant-B in DRDO for M.Sc(Chemistry) postgraduate?
  4. Question paper and syllabus of DRDO Senior Technical Assistant Exam for Civil?
  5. Syllabus for DRDO exam in Computer science for Senior Technical assistant?
  6. CEPTAM DRDO Syllabus for STA-B computer science -- [Most Discussed]
  7. DRDO senior technical assistant B computer science syllabus?
  8. Syllabus and model question papers for DRDO Senior Technical Assistant?
  9. How can I know about the DRDO result for senior technical assistant B?
  10. Question papers and syllabus of DRDO Senior Technical Assistant Exam for EEE?
  11. Question papers and syllabus of DRDO senior technical assistant exam?
  12. DRDO Senior technical Assistant Model question papers and books with author name -- [New]
  13. Question paper and syllabus of DRDO Senior Technical Assistant Exam for Mathematics? What is the syllabus? Question papers for the same?
  14. Question paper and syllabus of DRDO Senior Technical Assistant Exam for Electronics and Communication
  15. Questions & syllabus of DRDO Senior technical assistant exam for Electronics?
  16. Eligibility to apply in DRDO Senior Technical Assistant recruitment for Diploma Electrical Engineer?
  17. Syllabus and model question papers for DRDO CEPTAM -05 entrance exam for the post of Senior Technical Assistant B?
  18. Which books to refer for DRDO entrance exam for the post Senior Technical Assistant-B?

11th February 2011, 10:19 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Syllabus for DRDO Senior Technical Assistant in Chemistry?

the syllabus for the DRDO senior Technical Assistant in chemistry is as follows::

Process Calculations and Thermodynamics: Laws of conservation of mass and energy; use of tie components; recycle, bypass and purge calculations; degree of freedom analysis. First and Second laws of thermodynamics. First law application to close and open systems. Second law and Entropy Thermodynamic properties of pure substances: equation of state and departure function, properties of mixtures: partial molar properties, fugacity, excess properties and activity coefficients; phase equilibria: predicting VLE of systems; chemical reaction equilibria.

Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations: Fluid statics, Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids, Bernoulli equation, Macroscopic friction factors, energy balance, dimensional analysis, shell balances, flow through pipeline systems, flow meters, pumps and compressors, packed and fluidized beds, elementary boundary layer theory, size reduction and size separation; free and hindered settling; centrifuge and cyclones; thickening and classification, filtration, mixing and agitation; conveying of solids.

Heat Transfer: Conduction, convection and radiation, heat transfer coefficients, steady and unsteady heat conduction, boiling, condensation and evaporation; types of heat exchangers and evaporators and their design.

Mass Transfer: Fick’s laws, molecular diffusion in fluids, mass transfer coefficients, film, penetration and surface renewal theories; momentum, heat and mass transfer analogies; stagewise and continuous contacting and stage efficiencies; HTU & NTU concepts design and operation of equipment for distillation, absorption, leaching, liquid-liquid extraction, drying, humidification, dehumidification and adsorption.

Chemical Reaction Engineering: Theories of reaction rates; kinetics of homogeneous reactions, interpretation of kinetic data, single and multiple reactions in ideal reactors, non-ideal reactors; residence time distribution, single parameter model; non-isothermal reactors; kinetics of heterogeneous catalytic reactions; diffusion effects in catalysis. Instrumentation and Process Control: Measurement of process variables; sensors, transducers and their dynamics, transfer functions and dynamic responses of simple systems, process reaction curve, controller modes (P, PI, and PID); control valves; analysis of closed loop systems including stability, frequency response and controller tuning, cascade, feed forward control.

Plant Design and Economics: Process design and sizing of chemical engineering equipment such as compressors, heat exchangers, multistage contactors; principles of process economics and cost estimation including total annualized cost, cost indexes, rate of return, payback period, discounted cash flow, optimization in design.

Chemical Technology: Inorganic chemical industries; sulfuric acid, NaOH, fertilizers (Ammonia, Urea, SSP and TSP); natural products industries (Pulp and Paper, Sugar, Oil, and Fats); petroleum refining and petrochemicals; polymerization industries; polyethylene, polypropylene, PVC and polyester synthetic fibers.

follow the syllabus and prepare accordingly.....

so best of luck

17th February 2011, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

DRDO senior Technical Assistant in chemistry previous papers

22nd February 2011, 05:15 PM
xavi

freind hi,
--Chemistry syllabus for DRDO exam is

mainly divided into three parts;-

1.Physical Chemistry

2.inoganic Chemistry

3.organic Chemistry

above three main subject based on graduation syllabus in any regonised university

Read more here: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/chemistry-syllabus-drdo-exam-8140.html#ixzz1DdcawaTm
all the best

22nd April 2011, 11:26 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
The Syllabus for DRDO Senior Technical Assistant in Chemistry is basically divided into three parts namely:-

1.) Physical chemistry

2.) Organic chemistry

3.) Inorganic chemistry.

Thanks.

20th May 2011, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

please send me last year exam papers and syllabus for senior technical assistant in computer science in DRDO.

Thanks
Dharam kishor vyas

23rd May 2011, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

Does the syllabus for chemistry include chemical engineering topics?

Thank you

19th March 2012, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

plz inform me how i can find previous papers for STA-B in chemistry?and one more,if i have an m.sc degree in any subject other than chemistry,will i be rejected?because in the notice it is mentioned that candidates having higher qualification viz.m.sc shall not be considered for the post.pl...z reply

19th March 2012, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

how can i get previous year qustn paper for chemistry for sta-b?

25th March 2012, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

I am preparing for the DRDO senior technical assistant in chemistry , PLEASE provide the syllabus

9th April 2012, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

I am preparing for the DRDO senior technical assistant in chemistry , PLEASE provide the syllabuS

Regards,
Ashok shinde

12th April 2012, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

SEND CHEMISTRY SYLLABUS FOR SENIOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANT IN CHEMISTRY

19th April 2012, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

sir i want to know that date of examination of senior technical assistantand syllabus of chemistry....:)

23rd April 2012, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

wen vl send me hal tkt?

26th April 2012, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

i m doing m.sc.chemistry .i want to know the syllabus of chemistry in senior technical B....

18th May 2012, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

pls provide any STA chemistry Q paper for CEPTAM.........genuine links Plz....

11th June 2012, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

please send me the previous years question papers based on STA B,chemistry

18th June 2012, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

ANY BOOK PUBLISHERS IN HYDERABAD FOR DRDO CEPTAM05 STA'B' CHEMISTRY

10th July 2012, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

please send me the exam information of STA B,chemistry 2012?

23rd December 2012, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

pls send the previous question paper for STA (Chemical) on my E-mail: [email protected]
thanks

15th May 2013, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

I'm preparing for DRDO STA-B(chemistry), plz send syllabus & previous papers OR give me any website to searching for this to my e-mail: [email protected]
thanks

16th May 2013, 01:00 PM
No 1
Senior Member+

Hi
Friends,

The syllabus for DRDO senior technical assistant in chemistry 3 parts like ::
===============================================

*** PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY

*** ORGANIC CHEMISTRY

*** INORGANIC CHEMISTRY.

All the best..........................

10th July 2013, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

can we get the syllabus for drdo entrance test in chemistry as different states would have different syllabi at their graduation

11th July 2013, 06:49 PM
megayounus786

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMeg View Post
DRDO SYLLABUS FOR CHEMISTRY

Structure: Quantum theory: principles and techniques; applications to a particle in a box, harmonic oscillator, rigid rotor and hydrogen atom; valence bond and molecular orbital theories, Hückel approximation; approximate techniques: variation and perturbation; symmetry, point groups; rotational, vibrational, electronic, NMR, and ESR spectroscopy

Equilibrium: Kinetic theory of gases; First law of thermodynamics, heat, energy, and work; second law of thermodynamics and entropy; third law and absolute entropy; free energy; partial molar quantities; ideal and non-ideal solutions; phase transformation: phase rule and phase diagrams - one, two, and three component systems; activity, activity coefficient, fugacity, and fugacity coefficient; chemical equilibrium, response of chemical equilibrium to temperature and pressure; colligative properties; Debye-Hückel theory; thermodynamics of electrochemical cells; standard electrode potentials: applications - corrosion and energy conversion; molecular partition function (translational, rotational, vibrational, and electronic).

Kinetics: Rates of chemical reactions, temperature dependence of chemical reactions; elementary, consecutive, and parallel reactions; steady state approximation; theories of reaction rates - collision and transition state theory, relaxation kinetics, kinetics of photochemical reactions and free radical polymerization, homogeneous catalysis, adsorption isotherms and heterogeneous catalysis.

Main group elements: General characteristics, allotropes, structure and reactions of simple and industrially important compounds: boranes, carboranes, silicones, silicates, boron nitride, borazines and phosphazenes. Hydrides, oxides and oxoacids of pnictogens (N, P), chalcogens (S, Se & Te) and halogens, xenon compounds, pseudo halogens and interhalogen compounds. Shapes of molecules and hard- soft acid base concept. Structure and Bonding (VBT) of B, Al, Si, N, P, S, Cl compounds. Allotropes of carbon: graphite, diamond, C60. Synthesis and reactivity of inorganic polymers of Si and P.

Transition Elements: General characteristics of d and f block elements; coordination chemistry: structure and isomerism, stability, theories of metal- ligand bonding (CFT and LFT), mechanisms of substitution and electron transfer reactions of coordination complexes. Electronic spectra and magnetic properties of transition metal complexes, lanthanides and actinides. Metal carbonyls, metal- metal bonds and metal atom clusters, metallocenes; transition metal complexes with bonds to hydrogen, alkyls, alkenes and arenes; metal carbenes; use of organometallic compounds as catalysts in organic synthesis. Bioinorganic chemistry of Na, K. Mg, Ca, Fe, Co, Zn, Cu and Mo. Solids: Crystal systems and lattices, miller planes, crystal packing, crystal defects; Bragg’s Law, ionic crystals, band theory, metals and semiconductors, Different structures of AX, AX2, ABX3 compounds, spinels.

Instrumental methods of analysis: Atomic absorption and emission spectroscopy including ICP-AES, UV- visible spectrophotometry, NMR, mass, Mossbauer spectroscopy (Fe and Sn), ESR spectroscopy, chromatography including GC and HPLC and electro-analytical methods (Coulometry, cyclic voltammetry, polarography – amperometry, and ion selective electrodes).

Stereochemistry: Chirality of organic molecules with or without chiral centres. Specification of configuration in compounds having one or more stereogenic centres. Enantiotopic and diastereotopic atoms, groups and faces. Stereoselective and stereospecific synthesis. Conformational analysis of acyclic and cyclic compounds. Geometrical isomerism. Configurational and conformational effects on reactivity and selectivity/specificity.

Reaction mechanism: Methods of determining reaction mechanisms. Nucleophilic and electrophilic substitutions and additions to multiple bonds. Elimination reactions. Reactive intermediates- carbocations, carbanions, carbenes, nitrenes, arynes, free radicals. Molecular rearrangements involving electron deficient atoms.

Organic synthesis: Synthesis, reactions, mechanisms and selectivity involving the following- alkenes, alkynes, arenes, alcohols, phenols, aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids and their derivatives, halides, nitro compounds and amines. Use of compounds of Mg, Li, Cu, B and Si in organic synthesis. Concepts in multistep synthesis-retrosynthetic analysis, disconnections, synthons, synthetic equivalents, reactivity umpolung, selectivity, protection and deprotection of functional groups.

Pericyclic reactions: Electrocyclic, cycloaddition and sigmatropic reactions. Orbital correlation, FMO and PMO treatments.

Photochemistry: Basic principles. Photochemistry of alkenes, carbonyl compounds, and arenes. Photooxidation and photoreduction. Di-p- methane rearrangement, Barton reaction.

Heterocyclic compounds: Structure, preparation, properties and reactions of furan, pyrrole, thiophene, pyridine, indole and their derivatives.

Biomolecules: Structure, properties and reactions of mono- and di-saccharides, physicochemical properties of amino acids, chemical synthesis of peptides, structural features of proteins, nucleic acids, steroids, terpenoids, carotenoids, and alkaloids.

Spectroscopy: Principles and applications of UV-visible, IR, NMR and Mass spectrometry in the determination of structures of organic molecules.

23rd July 2013, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

what is the syllabus for 2014 exam for senior technician in chemistry

6th October 2014, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

SIR NAMESTHE. PLZ TEL ME CHEMISTY SYLLABUS IN DRDO FOR POST OF STA B. AND ALSO TEL ME HOW MANY NEGATIVE MARKS. QUALIFIED MARKS IN THIS EXAM. PLZ SEND MY EMAIL [email protected]

17th October 2014, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

Pls send me the previous years questions papers of chemistry in drdo
My gmail [email protected]

28th December 2014, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

Hello , I am a student of Msc chemistry 1st sem, i want to know whether i can crack the sr.tec.ass exam if i go through all the syllabus of my bsc level.
I also need need sample question paper .Plz provide it to me on my email- [email protected].
Thanks.

10th January 2015, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

pls send the previous question paper for STA B (Chemistry) on my E-mail: [email protected]

24th February 2016, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

Send me the DRDO chemistry syllabus and previous year question papers to [email protected]

25th October 2017, 08:42 AM
Unregistered

Sir, if there is any specific address to get the previous years papers of STA-B chemistry(CEPTAM)Please, inform, either link or papers through email([email protected]).

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?