30th June 2012, 08:41 PM
vandana chaudhari

Is it advisable for me to opt for biotechnology after scoring 67% in SSC? Is Biology and Maths compulsory for all institutions?

I Hv scored 67% IN S.S.C.in 2012. is it advisable for me to opt for biotechnology? is biology and maths compulsory fo all institutions? which one is the best? B.tech or M.Sc? pls guide me in selection of subjects.

Related Questions:
  1. Should i opt for B.Tech (Biotechnology) if i have interest in Biology but studied maths in 12th standard?
  2. List of the colleges in India offering admission in B.Tech Biotechnology with Maths and Biology as compulsory subjects in class 12th?
  3. How many subjects are there in Biotech and which are they
  4. Having Biology in 10+2 is necessary for pursuing Genetics Engineering? -- [New]
  5. What is the requirement to do BSc Biotech after 12th
  6. Should I do BSc Biotechnology after opting for Biotechnology without Maths?
  7. Can I get admission in Biotech if I have a compartment in Chemistry?
  8. Should I take up PCMB or PCMS in 11th?
  9. Information about the Biotechnology course without Maths after passing 12th with Chemistry, Physics, Biology, English and Informatics Practices? List of the institutes?
  10. DASA scheme eligibility with Maths as non-credit subject? What are compulsory and options subjects in DASA scheme?
  11. Which course should I opt for M.Sc among Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Nanotechnology pursuing B.Sc in Biotechnology? Career scope of Nanotechnology course?
  12. How to become a genetic engineer after choosing Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Biotechnology
  13. Biology with maths or Computer science with Maths: better option after 10th with good skills in Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Do I have to select Maths as a compulsory subject to appear for GATE?
  15. Is Maths compulsory in 12th for Economics Honors after scoring 90+ marks?
  16. How to get admission in the best institute for Agricultural Biotechnology?
  17. Is Maths compulsory for a candidate to join B.Tech in Biotechnology? List of Government Universities offering this course?
  18. How to opt for Home Science course after scoring 70% in SSC exam
7th October 2018, 05:23 PM
srkallinone

Default Re: Is it advisable for me to opt for biotechnology after scoring 67% in SSC? Is Biology and Maths compulsory for all institutions?

You can get admission in B.Tech (Biotechnology) with qualification of (10+2) in science stream with Mathematics or Biology or Both as compulsory subject. For B.Sc (Biotechnology), Some institutes demand biology as a compulsory subject in (10+2) level. So, if you have a desire to get admission in B.Sc (Biotechnology), then you should choose biology subject in science stream.

B.Tech (Biotechnology) and B.Sc (Biotechnology)
Both are the good courses. You should choose any of them according to your interest and long term goals. B.Tech (Biotechnology) focuses on both biological sciences and engineering whereas B.Sc (Biotechnology) focuses more on biological sciences.

Top Colleges For B.Sc (Biotechnology) In India
- Stella Maris College, Chennai
- St. Xavier's College, Mumbai
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Loyala College, Chennai
- Hans Raj College, New Delhi
- Suresh Gyan Vihar Institute, Jaipur
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
- Ramjas College, New Delhi
- Presidency College, Chennai

Job Prospects
After completion of course in Biotechnology, You will have job opportunities in various field such as Healthcare, Agriculture, Environment Conservation, Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Industrial Research & Development etc.

Top Recruiting Companies
- Rasi Seeds
- Biocon
- Ranbaxy
- Dr. Raddy's Lab
- Serum Institute of India
- Aventis
- Panacea Biotech
- Novo Nordisk
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?