9th July 2012, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

How should I prepare to join MBA in top Indian B School? Difference between GMAT and CAT?

1.what should my preparation be for an MBA course in the top indian b-schools?what is the difference between GMAT and CAT?
2.how do i do an MBA course abroad and what are the exams i have to write?

1st April 2014, 01:40 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How should I prepare to join MBA in top Indian B School? Difference between GMAT and CAT?

You need to write the CAT exam for getting into IIM. There are three stage entrance exam which includes: Written Exam, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Technically, Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted for the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) entrance. The Common Admission Test is basically conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management for admissions into the IIMs. There is QA segment for students to check the mathematics. Data Interpretation is another section which is about basic formats in which data can be presented in form of graphs, pie charts, tables. There are Logical Ability questions which are about identifying patterns in the given data set.
GMAT is more globally placed as far as business schools admission are concerned. GMAT exam carried out by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) sets the standard for candidate's ability.It compromises of four segments
Analytical Writing Assessment 1 Topic Analysis of Argument
Integrated Reasoning 12 Questions
Graphics Interpretation
Two-Two Part Analysis
Table Analysis
Quantitative
Problem Solving
Verbal 41 Questions
Critical Reasoning
Sentence Correction
1st April 2014, 01:49 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How should I prepare to join MBA in top Indian B School? Difference between GMAT and CAT?

You need to write the CAT exam for getting into IIM. There are three stage entrance exam which includes: Written Exam, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Technically, Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted for the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) entrance. The Common Admission Test is basically conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management for admissions into the IIMs. There is QA segment for students to check the mathematics. Data Interpretation is another section which is about basic formats in which data can be presented in form of graphs, pie charts, tables. There are Logical Ability questions which are about identifying patterns in the given data set.
GMAT is more globally placed as far as business schools admission are concerned. GMAT exam carried out by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) sets the standard for candidate's ability.It compromises of four segments
Analytical Writing Assessment 1 Topic Analysis of Argument
Integrated Reasoning 12 Questions
Graphics Interpretation
Two-Two Part Analysis
Table Analysis
Quantitative
Problem Solving
Verbal 41 Questions
Critical Reasoning
Sentence Correction
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?