15th February 2011, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

NET exam after MCA from distance education and M.Phil with 68% and 63% marks respectively?

Sir,
I have done my MCA from Bharathiar University in distance education mode in 2003 with 68 percentage marks.In 2009 Aug I have completed MPhil from Alagappa University with 63 percentage also.Am I eligible to write NET? Please let me know whether distance education PG students can apply for NET?
Thank you

21st February 2011, 12:19 AM
Amed2010

Default Re: NET exam after MCA from distance education and M.Phil with 68% and 63% marks respectively?

you can not sit for the exam as you have done distance M.C.A and M.Phill.
The eligible criteria for the exam is ....
1.You Must have to gain a minimum 55% in your master degree in reguler....
Distance is not allowed....
21st February 2011, 12:34 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: NET exam after MCA from distance education and M.Phil with 68% and 63% marks respectively?

Yes,distance education PG students can also apply for the NET exam but the main eligibility is that-
1. A candidate must get above 55% marks in the post graduation.
2. The university is affiliated from the UGC.

As in your case you have got 68% marks in the post graduation.So you are eligible for it.However your M.phil marks is not be concerned in this matter.

"Bhartiar University,Coimbatore is affiliated from UGC ,so you can apply for the NET exam that is held twice in Every year i.e in the month of JUNE & DECEMBER.
27th February 2011, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

After completing mca can a student is eligible for mphil
what r the good institutes in india for mphil
Is there any good institutes in orissa also for mphil
ranjit
1st March 2011, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: NET exam after MCA from distance education and M.Phil with 68% and 63% marks respectively?

absolutely yes you can sit the exam.
3rd March 2011, 11:37 AM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Dear Friend

You are eligible as you have masters degree but please check that your college is under UGC recognizition or not.

Qualification Criteria for NET exam:

• The candidates must have completed Post Graduation in the desired subject. They must have secured Master’s Degree with a minimum of 55% from any reputed college under UGC recognition. The candidates appearing for last semester exam can even attend NET exam. Thirty Five years is the maximum age limit. There is relaxation of 3 years OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
For details about NET EXAM:

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]http://www.ugc.ac.in[/SIZE][/FONT]

http://www.csirhrdg.res.in

[SIZE=3]Regards[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Kapila [/SIZE]
15th March 2011, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

I have completed MCA in the year 2010, I want to take Net exam based on my mca, So please kindly give guidance how to apply for the net exam?
22nd March 2011, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

I have completed Msc computer science in the year 2010, I want to take Net exam based on my msc So please kindly give guidance how to apply for the net exam?

And my CGP is 7.39
22nd March 2011, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

I have completed Msc computer science in the year 2010, I want to take Net exam based on my msc cs , So please kindly give guidance how to apply for the net exam
4th April 2011, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

after mca we want to m tech
14th April 2011, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

i have done my mca from distance education am i eligilble for net exam
2nd May 2011, 03:28 PM
Gita Irudhayaraj
Senior Member+

Smile Re: NET exam after MCA from distance education and M.Phil with 68% and 63% marks respectively?

yes you can appear for NET exam. But you have to check with UGC recognition of university ,in which you did MCA And M.Phil.
3rd June 2011, 03:19 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

You are eligible as you have masters degree but please check that your college is under UGC recognizition or not.

Qualification Criteria for NET exam:

The candidates must have completed Post Graduation in the desired subject. They must have secured Master’s Degree with a minimum of 55% from any reputed college under UGC recognition. The candidates appearing for last semester exam can even attend NET exam. Thirty Five years is the maximum age limit. There is relaxation of 3 years OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
For details about NET EXAM:

http://www.ugc.ac.in

http://www.csirhrdg.res.in
7th July 2011, 08:13 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have done my MCA from Bharathiar University in distance education mode in 2003 with 68 percentage marks.In 2009 Aug I have completed MPhil from Alagappa University with 63 percentage also.Am I eligible to write NET? Please let me know whether distance education PG students can apply for NET?
Thank you
NET (NATIONAL ELIGIBLITY TEST) ELIGIBLITY -

YES, You are eligible for NET Examination, If your University was recognised by UGC, Because the NET examination was conducted by UGC Every year 2 Times.

And To apply for NET examination, Candidates must have completed his Master degree examination with at least 55% Marks, Final year Master degree candidates are also eligible for NET Examination. And if any candidates not scored minimum 55% marks then they are not eligible for NET Examination.

But make sure that you are only to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only And if your subject is not mentioned on the NET examination List then you may appear in a related subject.

Eligible candidates may apply for NET Examination Online And the Examination was held Two Times In a Year, First in the June and Next in December. The Examination fees of NET examination was Rs 450. The syllabus and Previous Year Papers of NET examination was availiable in the Official website OF UGC.

So, please dont worry If you have completed your Master degree course from Distance Mode and your college was recognised by UGC then you are eligible for NET Examination. For This year June examination was already Completed and If you are interested to apply for NET examination, then please apply for December examination the notification was declared soon in the UGC official website, So please check the Website Regularly to get More information about NET Examination -

http://ugcnetonline.in
7th July 2011, 09:23 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear

you are not eligible to seat in this exam

because you are not doing regular course

you do all MCA & M.PHIL in distance mode.

So i prefere always you do regular course that will help you for future............
8th July 2011, 01:46 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir,
Thank you
dear friend,

Education Qualification
Candidates having master degree in Humanities and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. and have scored 55% marks are eligible to apply for the NET exam.

Candidates of Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Physically Handicapped (PH)/Visually Handicapped (VH) should have 50% marks .

Candidates who are appeared in the final year exam are also eligible to apply for the NET test.

so you have completed your MCA degree then you are eligible for NET exam.
4th August 2011, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: NET exam after MCA from distance education and M.Phil with 68% and 63% marks respectively?

Quote:
Sir,
Thank you
yes u are eligible for net examination
4th August 2011, 06:23 PM
Sumit Ahujaa

Yes,distance education PG students can also apply for the NET exam but the main eligibility is that-

As in your case you have got 68% marks in the post graduation.So you are eligible for it.However your M.phil marks is not be concerned in this matter.

"Bhartiar University,Coimbatore is affiliated from UGC ,so you can apply for the NET exam that is held twice in Every year i.e in the month of JUNE & DECEMBER.
12th September 2011, 05:54 PM
fahran

this exam is Conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC), National Eligibility Test (NET) is the national level entrance examination for postgraduate candidates. NET is conducted for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and eligibility for Lectureship in various Indian universities and colleges. National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted in 77 subjects at 66 selected university centres around the country.The Examination is conducted in Humanities (including languages), Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Sciences, Computer Science and Applications and Electronic Science.
20th December 2011, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/net-exam-after-mca-distance-education-m-phil-68-63-marks-respectively-86580.html#ixzz1h4t4O0t6
24th February 2012, 10:03 AM
drurv

24th February 2012, 10:33 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
Yes you have to done the NET with the distance education.
Distance education PG students can also apply
for the NET exam but the main criteria is that as follows:

1.A candidate must get above 55% marks in the
Post Graduation.

2.The university is affiliated from the UGC.

As in your case of distance education you have got 68% marks in the Post Graduation.

So you are eligible for it, However your M.phil marks is not be concerned in this exam.

All the best
7th March 2012, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

Dear all,
I have completed my MCA in Bharathiar university through distance mode. I have 62.5% of marks. But since I have completed the exams after my course is completed the university has mentioned second class in my convocation. If I pass NET then am I be able to get a Asst. Professor job? Since it is mentioned in UGC norms the eligibility criteria for Engineering faculty is First class? Any help regarding is much appreciated!

jai
14th August 2012, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

I have done M.A. in English in distance mode from an UGC recognized university and i obtainted 56% marks... Am i eligible for NET exam????
4th October 2012, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

i have completed PG in Bioinformatics from SIKKIM MANIPAL UNIVERESITY recognized from DEC UGC. Am i eligible for pursuin research work/phD Plse reply soon
30th January 2013, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

I am completed pg degree in distance mode (Bharathiar University) is eligible for m.phil
30th January 2013, 08:06 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed PG degree from UGC recognized university then you are eligible. To appear for National Eligiblity Test it does not matter whether you have completed post graduation through regular mode or distance education mode.

Therefore you are definitely eligible if your college is recognized by the UGC. University Grants Commission conducts the National Eligibility Test on bi-annual basis. First time the exam takes place in June and second time in December.

Please check out the entire eligibility criteria to appear for National Eligibility Test (NET).

Eligibility

1. You should be of Indian origin.

2. Post graduation degree in any discipline.

3. Must have completed PG from UGC recognized college.

4. Minimum of 55 percent marks.

5. SC and ST need 50 percent marks.

6. Final year candidates are also eligible.

7. The NET subject for MCA graduate will be "Computer Science and Applications".

8. There is no limit on attempts.

Age Limit

1. The age limit is 28 years for Junior Research Fellowship.

2. Upto 3 years relaxation for OBC.

3. SC and ST are eligible for 5 years relaxation.

4. There is no upper age limit for college lectureship.
10th November 2013, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

Hello don't study MCA. it is not good course , distance people should be banned to take class even for UG students.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?