13th July 2012, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

How can I apply for IAS exam if I am a Kannada Medium student in B.A Arts?

i am kannada midium student in ba arts so i can apply ias exam please sir give me the answer

23rd July 2012, 08:39 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for IAS exam if I am a Kannada Medium student in B.A Arts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am kannada midium student in ba arts so i can apply ias exam please sir give me the answer

Yes, you are eligible. As per the rules, you can write exam in any language you know, there is no such restriction that you write in english/Hindi only. You can even opt for Kannada literature as optional subject as well.

Regarding application, procedure will be as usual, nothing different, you just need to select medium of examination as Kannada. Application form for next year will be available in February next year. Notification will come in all national dailies and employment news.

The examination is conducted in three stages, preliminary, mains and interview.

Prelims is conducted in May and then Mains is held in Oct. After clearing mains, then only you can apply for interview.

To apply for this examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University. Final year appearing candidates are also apply for Civil services examination to become IAS Officer.

If you have attained the age of 21 years, then you are eligible for UPSC Civil services examination, because to apply for this examination, your age should between 21 to 30 years.

If you fulfill all the eligibility criteria mentioned above then you can apply for this examination, wait for the notification and then fill online application form and for more details check official UPSC Website.
23rd July 2012, 11:47 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How can I apply for IAS exam if I am a Kannada Medium student in B.A Arts?

dear friend,

I. Academic Eligibility :-

The candidate must possess a degree from an Indian University or an educational institution deemed as a University or possess an equivalent qualification. Those in the final year of a degree course can also appear in the Preliminary Examination.

II. Other Eligibility Conditions :-

--> For the IAS and the IPS, the candidate must be a citizen of India.
--> For the other services, a candidate must be either:
a citizen of India, or
a subject of Nepal, or
a subject of Bhutan.

--> The candidate must have attained 21 years of age on August 1st of the year of
examination and must not have attained 30 years of age on that date. The upper
age limit will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST
candidates.

~regards~
priyo
12th August 2012, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

Me B.Sc student can I write ias exam in kannada languge?
11th March 2013, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

can i write prelims in kannada
11th March 2013, 10:48 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes you can apply for the exam as you hold the graduation degree therefore you are eligible and medium you don't need to worry about....

And the age limit is :
21-30 yrs....

For more details visit www.upsc.gov.in
19th April 2013, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam can you tell which books and papers should i read for csat
3rd May 2013, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

I am BBM student.can i Write IAS examination sir? please give me a information.
24th October 2013, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

Iam studing english medium 12th.my mother tongue telugu can i write civil after degree
7th May 2014, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

i need information about i.a.s and also please give who is a kannada medium student ran
k passed ias in karnataka
9th June 2014, 03:13 AM
Unregistered

I am BA graduate, which books I have to refer to pass IAS please suggeste me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?