14th July 2012, 04:11 PM
Daring Kranthi

Am I eligible for the position of SI after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering being a candidate with an age of 22 years?

I completed my diploma in mechanical engineering . I am i eligible for s.i post aged 22 years.....

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course?
  2. What is the qualification for railway engineer
  3. How to apply for the position of Break Inspector after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and with 3 years of work experience?
  4. Am I eligible for NDA Exam being a candidate pursuing Diploma in Mechanical and with an age of 17 years?
  5. What is the qualification of Air Force X Group? Which subject should i choose?
  6. Can I apply for IPS entrance exma after studying diploma in mechanical engineering?
  7. information about IES? How can I prepare for the exam?
  8. Can I do B.Tech course in USA after completing Mechanical Engineering diploma course?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for the position of Officer in Indian Railways after completion of B.Sc in IT being a candidate with an age of 35 years?
  10. Procedure to study B.Tech in USA for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?
  11. What does it take to become a custom officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Job Opportunities after the completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  13. How to get into Civil Diploma if I am 10th fail? -- [New]
  14. How can I become an IPS officer after doing B.Tech in civil
  15. Is Diploma in Mechanical Engineering eligible for TNPSC Group IV?
  16. Can instrumentation engineers apply for IES exam?
  17. Am I eligible to get a job in railway after passing diploma in mechanical engineering? I am 18 years old
  18. Can I do B.Tech or M.Tech from any distance university without having Maths in +2?
17th July 2012, 02:53 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for the position of SI after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering being a candidate with an age of 22 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daring Kranthi View Post
I completed my diploma in mechanical engineering . I am i eligible for s.i post aged 22 years.....
The position of Sub-Inspector is usually in Police Department, Central Bureau of Investigation, Income Tax etc. Since you have not mentioned specifically aboout any department, we will discuss about the position of Sub-Inspector in Police Department.

Now, the recruitment of Sub-Inspector in Police Department is done through the selection procedure carried out by either of the following bodies:
  • Police Recruitment Board of respective State
  • Public Service Commission of respective State

Since the selection procedure is carried out by respective state, the eligibility varies little bit depending upon the guidelines of the respective state government. However as far as academic qualification is concerned, you must have completed your bachelors degree program in any discipline from a recognized university. As far as age limit is concerned, in most of the states, the minimum eligible age is 20 years and the maximum age limit is 27 years. The maximum age limit is relaxed upto certain age for reserved categories of the state.

Now, as you have done Diploma, you might be considered eligible for the position of Sub-Inspector provided the Diploma program has been pursue after completion of +2 level of examination and the minimum duration of the diploma program is three years. Since you have Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, it must be recognized either by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) or Council for Technical Education of the respective state.

For further information, refer to the official website of the regulatory body conducting the selection procedure of Sub-Inspector in your state.
6th January 2013, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for the position of SI after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering being a candidate with an age of 22 years?

ofter mechanical diploma what i join police inspector
9th May 2013, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am completing my diploma in mechanical engg.what i do after diploma
8th September 2013, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

M doing 1.in GV RAJA SPORTS SCHOOL N I HAVE 75%IN SSLC EXAM.I WULD LIKE TO KNW ABOUT THE SELCTN F SI POST..WE HAVE ANY SPECIAL CONSIDERATION FOR DIZ????
9th October 2013, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

i'm a student of diploma mechanical engineering after completing 10 class. have i any chance to join in ISRO, BENGALORE
10th October 2013, 07:37 PM
Vishal Saxena (vishu)

wht can i do after complte of diploma in civil after 10th
10th October 2013, 07:39 PM
Vishal Saxena (vishu)

areeeeeeee kuch too btao
20th October 2013, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

i hv completed my diploma in mechanical engg.am i applicable for any police department & if i completed my graduation or B.E in fastrack in one year nagpur university is it approved for central gov examination
24th March 2014, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

Sir mane mechanical diploma kara hai kya me si me apply kar sakta hu please
25th August 2014, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

i am prashanthi.....i have completed 10 2 and diploma in civil enginerring.....and my question is iam eligible for police si position are not plz tell me sir
22nd December 2015, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for the position of SI. Am competed diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?