15th July 2012, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after BSc? I am doing BSc Final in Non Medical

now, i am doing bsc final non-medical.what will i do after the bsc.

16th July 2012, 08:25 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after BSc? I am doing BSc Final in Non Medical

You should definitely go for further studies after the B.Sc. In India the job scope for bachelor's degree course is getting thin by the day. Companies are now demanding Post graduate students. The only exception here is Engineering students. After B.Sc in non medical, you are presented with some good options. Here are few options I would recommend to you.

MBA

Masters in Business Administration is the first option in front of you. It is a 2 year long post graduate course after which you will be able to apply for jobs in management, accounting, finance, marketing related fields. To get admission in a MBA college you would have to appear in one of the entrance exams.

CAT - Common Admission Test is widely known entrance exam for the MBA aspirants. The CAT score is accepted in some of the best institutes in India like the IIMs, which are regarded as top B-Schools in India. The eligibility for CAT is that you need to score at least 50 percent marks in the B.Sc course. If you belong to SC/ST then you need at least 45 percent marks.

MAT - Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is another great option for the MBA aspirants. Unlike the CAT, Management Aptitude Test does not have any percentage requirement making it more attrative to students with low percentages. MAT takes place 4 times a year in India

B.Tech

Engineering is another great course you after completing the B.Sc course. These days AICTE allows B.Sc students a lateral entry in the Engineering college. What Lateral Entry means is that you will get admission in the second year of the Engineering course, whichever you may choose. Most institutes in India reserve some seats for the lateral entry candidates. It ranges from 5 percent to 10 percent.

Eligibility:

You must complete your B.Sc from a recognised university in India.

B.Sc non medical candidates are required to score at least 60 percent marks in B.Sc.

SC/ST candidates requires 55 percent marks.

Your age should not be more than 28 years.

M.Sc

Another good option for you is M.Sc course. Once you complete your post graduate course, apply for entrance exams like NET and SET. If you fared well in these exams, you will get lecturer job in reputed college in India. If you are interested in teaching field then I must suggest you to do M.Sc course.
16th July 2012, 10:00 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After B.Sc. you may either go for higher studies or apply for job in various Govt. and Private Sectors.

Regarding Higher Studies you may go for Post Graduation courses like:-

M.Sc. - Master of Science and after M.Sc. you can do Ph.D. and opt Teaching or Research as your career.

MBA - Master of Business Administration after which you can get an opportunity to serve big Companies as their Managerial staff.

You can go for B.Tech. if you are interested in Engineering through lateral entry.

Regarding Job Prospect after B.Sc yo can apply for CDS(Combined Defence Service) if you are interested to join Indian Defence Forces, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC.

After B.Sc. you can apply for Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC to become an IAS/IPS/IRS/IFS etc.

You can apply for Banking job like Clerical and Probationary Officer's post through appearing exam conducted by SBI and IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection).

And many more job opportunities through Sate and Central Govt. service as well as private Companies.
24th October 2012, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

I have done my Bsc in microbiology.. m pursuing Msc. Now I wanna leave as i feel m not interested but I have only 48% in bsc.what should I so.??
24th May 2013, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

SIR BEST BRANCH OF MBA AFTER BSC NON-MEDICAL ?
23rd September 2013, 12:03 PM
unregistered

Default Re: What should I do after BSc? I am doing BSc Final in electronics $ physics

What should I do after BSc? I have completed BSc Final in electronics $ physics
14th January 2014, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

i am doing b.sc. non medical final. i want to join defence forces.please tell me how can i join defence.i want a valuable post in defence.
15th January 2014, 09:19 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

It is good that you have completed your Graduation in B.Sc with non medical stream. After completion of this course, you have plenty of avenues to make entry.

You can choose the one which you are interested and where your strengths and knowledge is being fully utilized.

Here are some of them.

M.Com
M.Sc
MBA
MCA etc.

You did not mention the specific stream which you have gone through in your B.Sc course. If you had mentioned that, I would have better suggested you the course in Post Graduation.

However my suggestion would be to go for MBA course. The reason why I am suggesting this course is you can find job opportunities in any business sector after completion of MBA course.

For other courses, the career scope will not be that much huge.

In order to get admission for MBA course, you have to crack Entrance Exam.

Some of the popular Entrance Exams are
CAT
MAT
GMAT
XAT etc.

My suggestion would be to crcak CAT exam so that you can admission for MBA course in B-Schools and IIMs.

In order to apply for this exam,
-You should have scored a minimum of 50% of marks in your Graduaton.

The following specializations will be good for you in MBA course.

MBA in Finance
MBA in Marketing Management
MBA in International Business
MBA in Risk Management
MBA in Human Resource Management etc.

Wish you all the best.
1st February 2014, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

After bsc non-medical i am not interested in MSC so plz suggested another courses
28th February 2014, 06:41 AM
Unregistered

i m doing b.sc3 n.m but don't want to be a teacher,i want to do job after completed my b.sc
16th May 2014, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

I had obtained 76% in 10th,82.4% in 12th,80% in graduation. if i score about 99 percentile in cat. What is my chance for getting call from top iim?
22nd June 2014, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

sir i have done my b.sc non medical with 52.95 % marks,what can i do after this???
29th June 2014, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

I have done my bsc non medical in 50% marks i am not interested in teacher line and i want to study in abroad .please tell me option what should i do ?
4th July 2014, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

I have done bsc non medical with 51% what do next. Which is better scope for job in msc or mba
16th July 2014, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

What should I do after b.sc in non medical? I have completed my grad. this year and now m very much confused? Regarding job, salary and post which is best option?
2nd August 2014, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

m doing bsc non medical final year? I want to gave tution to students u have any job for me in amritsar or fateh garh churian. If u have pls contact with me [email protected]
3rd August 2014, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

i have done my b.sc. non medical in 60% marks .now i want to do my post graduate in computer science .please tell me which has more scope m.c.a. or m.sc.(IT)?
19th April 2015, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

I am a final year student of BSC Non medical can I do post graduation in mass communication?
21st August 2015, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am doing b.sc. non medical final year. What r the better course for me other then m.sc.
2nd January 2016, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am in first year and I want to join IPS and I go under in entrance test then tell us best coaching centre
1st June 2016, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

i'm pursing B.sc non medical can i do my post graduation in medical line??? like physeotheropist?? pls help me to know what can i do
14th July 2016, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am pursuing b.sc. non med final year, i am not getting what to choose for the next, i want to be in Defence forces but at the same time i think i may be better in further studies (masters), kindly guide me of this confusion.
27th July 2016, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

Sir recently i did bsc from mdu university but unfortunately i got Re in 4 sem. So due to this problem, i am not able to take admission in Bed or msc. And now my 1 year will waste. So please tell me about such type of courses which i can do
7th November 2016, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Sir,my daughter is in final year B.Sc.PCM and she is interested in statistics.how to select the course and good colleges?she has 65-70% marks.
8th July 2017, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

I have completed b.sc non-medical with 55% marks but I am neither interested in MBA nor m.sc what should I have to do ?please suggest me!
12th July 2017, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

I have done 12th with pcm stream & scored 76%.rather than engineering what are other options for me to complete graduation.
27th August 2019, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

I'M B.SCI NON MEDICAL 1ST YEAR STUDENT, CAN I JOIN ISRO AS SCIENTIST?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?