19th February 2011, 11:54 AM
audumber_shinde

How to prepare for GRE exam?

I finished my MBBS last year , I want to prepare for GRE , can you give me idea , how can I approach for this?

23rd February 2011, 07:23 AM
Ishwarya9

Default Re: How to prepare for GRE exam?

GRE(Graduate Record Examination) is of two types
1.subjective test
2.General test
Most of them prefer General test which includes
1.Verbal(800 marks)
2.Quantitave(800 marks)
3.Analytical writing analysis(1-6 rating)
You can refer the following books for GRE
1.Barrons GRE
2.Big book
3.Kaplans GRE
First complete Barrons and then go for Big Book.Big book consists of all the previous papers of GRE so that you can practice well.
Tips:
1.As GRE is an adaptive test be careful while attempting the first few questions
2.Keep visiting www.drrajus.com
23rd February 2011, 08:30 PM
nitingoplani88

Preparation of GRE is depend on your strategies what you follow..but guidelines are also available which can help you a little bit but the most important thing is your dedication towards GRE ....
you can take help from these links :-

http://www.educationindex.net/educationarticles/graduateschoolstips/preparegradschool/gregraduateexams/howtoprepareforthegre.html

For verbal Section specially:-
http://www.ehow.com/how_2043793_prepare-gre-verbal-section.html
7th March 2011, 11:29 AM
harshhunny
Member+

GRE syllabus:-
Computer-based General Test Content and Structure

The computer-based General Test is composed of Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning and Analytical Writing sections.

In addition, one unidentified unscored section may be included, and this section can appear in any position in the test after the Analytical Writing Section. Questions in the unscored section are being tested for possible use in future tests and answers will not count toward your scores.

Total testing time is up to three hours, not including the research section. The directions at the beginning of each section specify the total number of questions in the section and the time allowed for the section.

The Analytical Writing section is always first. For the Issue task, two topics will be presented and you will choose one. The Argument task does not present a choice of topics; instead, one topic will be presented.
The Verbal and Quantitative sections may appear in any order, including an unidentified unscored section. Treat each section presented during your test as if it

Typical Computer-based GRE® General Test

Section Number of Questions Time
Analytical Writing 1 Issue Task* 45 minutes
Analytical Writing 1 Argument Task* 30 minutes
Verbal 30 30 minutes
Quantitative 28 45 minutes
Unscored** Varies Varies
Research*** Varies Varies

* For the Issue task, two essay topics are presented and you choose one. The Argument task does not present a choice of topics; instead one topic is presented.

** An unidentified unscored section may be included and may appear in any order after the Analytical Writing section. It is not counted as part of your score.

*** An identified research section that is not scored may be included, and it is always at the end of the test.

The examination is entirely a Computer-based Test, and no two students get an identical set of questions. The test is scored on a maximum of 1600. The GRE® Score alone cannot guarantee admission into a school - the test is only one of the major factors taken into consideration in the long process of an applicant getting admitted into a graduate school he/she desires.

Verbal Reasoning — The skills measured include the test taker's ability to analyze and evaluate written material and synthesize information obtained from it analyze relationships among component parts of sentences recognize relationships between words and concepts

Quantitative Reasoning — The skills measured include the test taker's ability to understand basic concepts of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and data analysis reason quantitatively solve problems in a quantitative setting

Analytical Writing — The skills measured include the test taker's ability to articulate complex ideas clearly and effectively examine claims and accompanying evidence support ideas with relevant reasons and examples sustain a well-focused, coherent discussion control the elements of standard written English

Concern & Motive

Prospective graduate applicants take the General Test. GRE® test scores are used by admissions or fellowship panels to supplement undergraduate records and other qualifications for graduate study. The scores provide common measures for comparing the qualifications of applicants and aid in evaluating grades and recommendations

23rd May 2011, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

i want the name of the book containing only analytical section of gre
5th July 2011, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

hi which university will accept gre score83/which state /in usa
write me back.
thanks
12th August 2011, 04:06 PM
BEST CAREER
Member+

Hello friend
i would like to advise you that if you score above 1300 then only you wil be provided scholarship in the US universities and only with this much score you wil be able to get admission in top university .

And If you pursue your studies abroad with 83 score then it will not be a benefit for you as you will not get admission in a good univeristy

you should pursue only from the top 50 universities of US
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?