31st July 2012, 10:56 PM
sohilsinh raol

What is the difference between X group and Y group in Indian Air force?

sir,what is difference between 'x' group and 'y' group in Indian air force?

24th April 2015, 03:30 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between X group and Y group in Indian Air force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohilsinh raol View Post
sir,what is difference between 'x' group and 'y' group in Indian air force?
Yes, there is difference between the X and Y group in Indian Air Force.

Group X means: Technical posts in Indian Air Force like officers, pilots and navigators.

Eligibility criteria for Group X:

Candidate must have done 10+2 with science stream including subjects like Mathematics, Physics and English. Diploma in engineering is also a valid degree for this group recruitment.

Group Y means: Non technical posts in Indian Air Force.

You can apply for the posts with any stream like science, commerce or arts in 10+2.

For any more details, you can visit www.careerairforce.nic.in.
27th April 2015, 02:02 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between X group and Y group in Indian Air force?

Hello Sohil,

Go through the below mentioned to get the exact difference between X and Y groups of the Indian Air force.

"X" Group represents Technical group means if you join Indian Air Force then you will get the job for Technical posts.

For this, you need to have PCM as your key subjects in your HSL Examination
and in Bachelor`s Degree.

"Y" Group represents Non-Technical group means you are about to get the job for non-technical posts.

>> Posts like Commandos, War Trainee, etc are likely to be given to the Y group candidates.

This is the information I have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
21st January 2018, 07:49 AM
Unregistered

What is the difference between the group X and Y in exam ? Will the English , reasoning and general awareness questions will be same to both groups?
24th July 2018, 08:23 AM
Unregistered

How can I khonw about the examinations of both X and Y group?
2nd February 2019, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

Is there any best book for the preparation of air force exam ? or 12th class books are sufficient for exam preparation?
5th February 2019, 08:44 PM
Maa Ka Pyar

There is lot of differences in group X and group Y course.
group X comes under Technical trade whereas group Y comes under non technical trade.
Indian air force offers various technical course for
group X candidate like...
1.Electronic fitter
2. Electrical fitter
3.Weapon fitter
4.Aircraft Structure fitter
5. Engine fitter
6. Missile fitter etc.
But in group Y trades the courses are like...
1. Logistic assistant
2.Account assistant
3.Catering assistant
4.Cryptographer. etc...
I also want to make it clear that group X person getting Rs6200 more salary than compared to group Y person when they are recruited at same time this allowance called as technical duty allowance.
For group X in 10+2 class Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics are necessary.
5th June 2019, 06:36 AM
Unregistered

Can I be able to Indian air Force I passed class 12 with science stream score 70%
7th June 2019, 02:32 AM
palabhishek1499

Indian air force is the legacy of India and every child had a dream to join defense services, to serve the country.
Thus, there are many ways to join Indian air force. Hence, one of the exam through which any one can join Indian air force by exam known as airforce X and Y group examination.
Basically, X and Y group are two different fields. Let me explain in points:
(1) X GROUP: These are related to the technical field, i.e candidates opting for this group have to work inn technical field. Such as Aircraft systems, ground systems etc.
(2) Y GROUP: In this, candidates who are opting for this have to wqork in non technical regions basically related to accounts, logistics, administration etc.
As this group are different, hence there salaries also differs. technical candidates have higher salary than non technical candidates.
But yes, if you want to serve defense forces, you earn pride, respect, along with many beneficial services other than your salaries.
Thus, anyone can apply for airmen Xgroup and Y group on the given website twice a year:
https://airmenselection.cdac.in/CASB/index.html
8th June 2019, 07:32 PM
Deepanshu3010

The difference between X and Y group is that X group is a technical trade while Y group
is a non-technical trade.
Another thing is that only science stream candidates can apply for X group while in case of
Y group candidate of any stream can apply, but only on a minimum percentage in class 12th.
Also, the salary is a little more in X group than that of Y group.

I hope you get it.
18th July 2019, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

Best book for the preparation of airforce XandY group
31st October 2019, 07:41 AM
Unregistered

In Medical Phase, the teeth is necessary to in sequence
29th November 2019, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Best book for the preparation of airforce x group
3rd January 2020, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

In medical phase if a candidate has low eye vision .what's problem will be created
6th February 2020, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

Hi! I am doing final year (B.Tech, ECE) and would like to appear in upcoming exams. Please advice when can I apply for it and what is the procedure? Thanks in advance.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?