4th August 2012, 12:34 AM
virajkedia1994

How to become an Income Tax Officer? How should I prepare for Income Tax

i'm in sybcom,want to become an income tax officer,i wanted to know how should prepare for income tax also u'm prusing ca...plzzz rply...

23rd August 2012, 06:53 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an Income Tax Officer? How should I prepare for Income Tax

You need to take up a graduation degree so as to become an Income tax officer. The age limit for this post is 21 – 27 years. Try to get qualified in SSC exams so as to become an I.T officer. The syllabus of this exam includes topics like general reasoning, language test, numerical ability, GK etc. Download model papers from SSC website and practice those papers. Try to refer competitive books by R S Agarwal, Khan and Jain, Upkar publishers etc.
9th January 2013, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to become an Income Tax Officer? How should I prepare for Income Tax

dear sir/madam,
I want to secure a job in state/central govt. but i have passed my inter( 2) in compartment with 61%, and completed my graduation without any backlogs with 64%. so am i eligible ?
9th January 2013, 05:39 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by virajkedia1994 View Post
i'm in sybcom,want to become an income tax officer,i wanted to know how should prepare for income tax also u'm prusing ca...plzzz rply...

You will have to appear in SSC UDC Exam for becoming and Income Tax Officer.In order to become an Income Tax Officer,you will require the following Eligibility:-

Educational Qualification:-

>>You must be Graduation Pass out in any stream from Recognized university.
>>Your degree should be approved from the UGC.
>>If you have completed your Graduation from Distance Learning then your degree should be Approved from the DEC(Distance Educational Council).

Marks:-

>>In order to appear in this Exam, your minimum marks should be 50%.

>>Your minimum age should be 18 years.
>>Your age should not be above 28 years.

Age Relaxation Details:-

>>If you belong from the SC/ST Category then you will get 5 years of age relaxation.
>>If you belong from the OBC Category then you will get 3 years of age relaxation.

Exam Pattern:-

>>Preliminary Exam.
>>Mains Exam.
>>Interview.

Syllabus:-

PRELIMINARY SYLLABUS:-

>>Quantitative Aptitude.

>>Numerical Ability.
>>General Awareness.
>>English Grammar.

Total number of questions in this Exam will be 200.

Total duration for this Exam will be 2 hours.

MAINS SYLLABUS:-

>>Elementary Mathematics.

>>English Comprehension.

Total number of questions will be 200 for Each subject.

Total duration for each Exam will be 2 hours.

In order to visit its official website,please CLICK.

9th January 2013, 08:04 PM
abhishek0123

Hello,
To become an Income Tax Officer you have to clear the SSC Combined Graduate Level Exams.This Exam is conducted every Year in the month of JULY & notification comes out in March-April.SSC Combined Level Exams are conducted in three Tiers.
Tier 1 -You have to first appear in Tier 1 written exams and clear it.
Tier 2 -After clearing Tier 1 you become eligible to appear in Tier 2 exams.
Tier 3 -Interviews are conducted for candidates successful in Tier 2 exams.
Eligibility:
Educational Qualification - Minimum qualification is Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.
Age Limit- 18-27yrs in general category,for OBC relaxation of upper age limit by 3yrs and for SC/ST by 5yrs.
The starting salary is around Rs.27000-30000 per month and other benefits or incentives.
15th February 2013, 08:21 AM
Unregistered

sir i am serving soldier in Indian Air Force i want to apply SSC graduate level what are the relaxations of EX-Servicemen
18th February 2013, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

Helo sir!!!!

Sir myself Doshi Jhanvi. I want to know that to become head of income tax officer which exam should i give ????
Sir plz solve my question as soon as possible.
21st March 2013, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

i am now giving my 2 exams and i have not taken maths....can i get eligible for income tax officers exam?
21st March 2013, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

what computer knowledge should a person have to become income tax officer?
19th June 2013, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

What r the basic requirements of psu's ?
30th July 2013, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

how to take the exam
31st August 2013, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

sir I read in class 11 and my sub is maths commerce mujhe income tax officer hanna he musket liye mujhe kya karna padega please help me I am so confused I like tax subject and this is my aim
26th October 2013, 08:40 AM
Unregistered

sir i am read in11th non-med...what should i do to become an tax officr...Pls pls pls help me ...
3rd August 2014, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

IS THERE ANY CONDITION OF MIM.% IN GRADUATION FOR ITOFFICER EXAMS
21st August 2014, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

how to become incometax officer ?basic knowledge required?i am pursuing finalbbm?how should i prepare ?when exams will be conducted?
14th December 2014, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

what is the process of admission incoanme tax offisar and have a any instiut and college in Varanasi u.p
22nd December 2014, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

i am in class 11th I want to become a
sales tax officer
you give some suggetion about this department
how to preparation for this exams
what types of questions come.
11th June 2016, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

plz say me how to become income tax officer and how to prepare exams of that
and is any colleg or institute to become a officer ??
14th June 2016, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir now i complete my 12th in Sci. And i want to become an income tax officer what should i do to complete it.
6th May 2018, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

Sir, How many books we will study to clear the cgl income-tax exam with good numbers
Please allow me the names of the book
27th June 2020, 12:39 AM
Sujathadanala

Hi, for becoming Income tax officer, there is no direct exam/appointment. ITO is a promotion post, promoted from Income-tax Inspector. For Inspector there is exam held by Staff Selection Commission. For Assistant Commissioner of Income-tax there is exam of IAS.

So first you prepare SSC then choose the post which you like..

All the best...
28th June 2020, 09:36 PM
arpita511996

Hello

There are two kinds of exams for related to income tax that is UPSC & SSC.
UPSC takes place in may normally but due to ongoing lockdown it has been potsponed,ssc takes place in march ,you can study books like
1.EXAM PRO ON FEDERAL INCOME TAX(OBJECTIVE)
2.FEDERAL INCOME TAX.
28th June 2020, 11:59 PM
jiltoappu

Post Re: How to become an Income Tax Officer? How should I prepare for Income Tax

There are some requirements to become an income tax officer in India. You need to be eligible to sit in the exam and below I have added some eligibility to become an income tax officer.

The candidate should have attained the age of 18 Years and must not be above 27 years of age. The upper age limit will be relaxed by three years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

You should hold a bachelor’s degree from any university or college in any stream.

You can apply Staff selection Commission exams and you got promotion to become Income Tax Officer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?