22nd February 2011, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

MSW course with distance learning from IGNOU: Eligibility? Fees criteria? Center in Mumbai? Details of the course?

I m BSc graduate with Biology from Calcutta University. Want to do MSW course through distant learning from IGNOU. Please provide me the details about the
1)eligibility criteria
2) the fee structure
3) the study centre or college in Mumbai ( western subburb) where should contact for admission purpose.
4) The details of the course.

Will I get admission directly for the master degree with my Bsc though I have studied Sociology earlier.

Related Questions:
  1. How to take admission in MSW course from IGNOU distance learning? What is the eligibility criteria for the same and the fee structure?
  2. What's the eligibility criteria, admission procedure and fee structure for doing MSW course from IGNOU(correspondence)?
  3. MSW course from IGNOU: Process of admission? Eligibility criteria? Fee structure? Career prospects?
  4. Eligibility criteria to opt for M.E/M.Tech structure Civil distance learning or correspondence in Mumbai? Duration of the course?
  5. What's the eligibility criteria for doing MSW as a girl? List of institutions in Mumbai and their admission date for the same course?
  6. Required Eligibility criteria to do M.Phil course in Distance Learning at IGNOU?
  7. Can I write NET exam after doing MSW from IGNOU in distance learning mode
  8. Details about MSW from IGNOU University in Mumbai?
  9. Does IGNOU offers correspondence program in B.Ed? I have done BA from Madurai university
  10. How many seats are there in Mumbai University for MCA distance learning course? What is the fee structure and when is the form available?
  11. Details of MSW from IGNOU University?
  12. How to do B.Ed distance learning? What is the eligibility criteria?
  13. Last date of application form MSW IGNOU distance course? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. List of Universities offering Ph.D in Management in Distance Learning? What is the required eligibility criteria for this? How much is the fees to join this course?
  15. Can I study MSW through distance education if I am a residing at Kerala
  16. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing MSW course?
  17. Am I eligible to do PG Diploma in Stock Market and Finance?
  18. Can I do Ph.D after M.A English being a distance learning student? Eligibility criteria to get admission? -- [New]
22nd February 2011, 12:06 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Arrow Re: MSW course with distance learning from IGNOU: Eligibility? Fees criteria? Center in Mumbai? Details of the course?

Name of the Programme :-Master of Social Work MSW

Yes Girl you are Eligible to join this as its Criteria needed any Bachelor's Degree with any Discipline but its should be recognized.

Eligibility Criteria :-
Eligibility:-Bachelor’s Degree or a higher degree from a recognized University

Min. age as on in the 1st Jan. Academic Year:- No Bar

Fee structure:-

Duration of the year:- Minimum 2years and Max 2years.

Fee structure:- Rs.12100/-(I year) and Rs.12000/-(II year)

Details of the Course:-

This programme is available both in English and Hindi.
The programme comprises 66 credits covered through ten theory papers, one dissertation and two practical The list of courses is given below:

Course code---------------------->Titles of the Course------------------------> Credits
First Year
MSW - 001 Origin and Development of Social Work 4
MSW - 002 Professional Social Work: Indian perspectives 4
MSW - 003 Basic Social Science Concepts 4
MSW - 004 Social Work and Social Development 4
MSW - 005 Social Work Practicum and supervision 4
MSW - 006 Social Work Research 6
MSWL- 001 Social Work Practicum-I 10 (Practical)

Second Year
MSW -007 Casework and Counselling: Working with Individuals 4
MSW -008 Social Group Work: Working with Groups 4
MSW -009 Community Organisation Management for Community Development 4
MSWE -001 HIV/AIDS: Stigma,Discrimination and Prevention 4
MSWL -002 Social Work Practicum- II (Practical) 10
MSWP- 001 Dissertation (Project work) 4

Total 66

You can Contact to suymya though below contact details for any other query..

Contact Details.
Dr. Saumya [email protected]
[email protected] 011-29532044
22nd February 2011, 01:18 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Default Re: MSW course with distance learning from IGNOU: Eligibility? Fees criteria? Center in Mumbai? Details of the course?

Global Open University has been one of the most recognized Universities that are presently offering several undergraduate as well as postgraduate courses through distance learning.

MSW is a 2 year programme offered after BSW/B.A. (Sociology)/B.A in any social science.

Eligibility of MSW

IGNOU : Any Graduate with Aptitude for Social Work or a Bachelor of Social Work.
Graduates with CSW or DSW have preference
fee criteria :

course:
The University launched the unique and innovative MSW programme in July 2008 which is offered in English and Hindi with the objective to provide professional training at post graduate level in social work through distance learning and to meet the growing demand of professionally trained social workers across the country. The first year of the programmes is of 36 credits. Each course is of 4 credits except the practicum which has 10 credits. The course titles are:

MSW-001 Origin and Development of Social Work
MSW-002 Professional Social Work: Indian Perspectives
MSW-003 Social Science Concepts for Social Workers
MSW -004 Social Work and Social Development
MSW-005 Social Work Practicum
MSW-006 Social Work Research
MSWL-001 Social Work Practicum-1 (Field Work)

he 2nd year of MSW has 30 credits which include three compulsory courses, two elective courses and the practicum. Each course is of four credits except MSWL- 002 which has 10 credits. The course titles are:

MSW-007 Case Work and Counseling: Working with Individuals (Compulsory)
MSW-008 Social Group Work: Working with Groups (Compulsory)
MSW-009 Community Organization Management for Community Development (Compulsory)
MSWE-001 HIV/AIDS: Stigma, Discremanation and prevention (Optional)
MSWE-002 Women and Child Development (Optional)
MSWE-003 Disaster Management (Optional)
MSWP-001 Project Work (Optional)
MSWL-002 Social Work Practicum-II (Field Work -- Compulsory)

iam attaching the prospectus of the ignou i hope that can help you out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf profile-2010-final.pdf(2.36 MB, 810 views)
1st March 2011, 10:38 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: MSW course with distance learning from IGNOU: Eligibility? Fees criteria? Center in Mumbai? Details of the course?

msw 2011 , colleges in mumbai, entrance, opprtunities in future, fees . detail of course. or prospectus
12th March 2011, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

from where can i get from for ignou, msw(delhi) ???
what is the last date for from submission ?
is there any entrance exam, if yes the when ?
19th March 2011, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

HOW MANY CONCURRENT VISIT WE HAVE TO DO IN MSWL-002.
28th March 2011, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

what is the scope after doing msw and how much fild in msw
19th April 2011, 09:53 PM

I would like to do MSW in Kolkata. I have done MA in Sociology 4 years back, so should I do MSW? Presently I am working in an NGO in Kolkata. Please send me the date of admission, location of study centre and fee.

Thank you

Sulabh Pani
28th April 2011, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

i want to B.Sc Biology as a correspondance course?can i join it.
29th April 2011, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

which colleges avalabile in msw coures in mumbai? & what is a criteria of fess? when admmision is started?
30th April 2011, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

from were we can collect the IGNOU form for msw.
13th May 2011, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

i m doing m s w so u advise me and what is my carrere of this field
13th June 2011, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE SCOPE AFTER THIS ? WERE CAN I GET JOB EASILY ?
15th June 2011, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

I would like to do MSW in Meerut, Uttar Pradesh. I have done MA in Sociology 4 years back, so should I do MSW? Presently I am working in an NGO in Kolkata. Please send me the date of admission, location of study centre and fee. My Email Id [email protected]

SANTOSH PATVA
23rd June 2011, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

i want to know the last date for admission in ma in mumbai for sociology
24th June 2011, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

i have graduated in psychology so can i do msw course from ignou by correspondence? what is the fee structure, procedure,duration and mode of study? which is the last date of application ?
5th July 2011, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir/madam i want to do MSW from INGOU . i have done Bsc in bio steam. pleases send me detail about it on my Email id [email protected].
12th July 2011, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

i want to get addmistion in msw in distance from ignou please tell me about how can apply in 2011 in maharastra .my id is [email protected]
22nd July 2011, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

i have passed BA IN 2007 under sambalpur university.now i want to do msw in distance from ignou in gm colleage sambalpur.so tell me how can i apply.after doing this course what is the benifit for me.my id [email protected]
29th July 2011, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

I want to know contact no.of ignou mumbai .
1st August 2011, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

i have done my under graduation in BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION . now i want to do MSW ( HR ) IN distance education . can u sugeest me where i can do it and how?
9th August 2011, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

what is the mark barrier for doing msw in ignou university through distance and which is the study center for it in kerala

anoop jose
11th August 2011, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

I want to know more about msw distance education at kerala , and its centers at tvpm
27th October 2011, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

i have done BTECH,so is it possible for me to do MSW course now?
17th November 2011, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

HY I want do MSW Because i have done some child right project those children not gone to school i sent to school also any type of problem i solved. Now I complete my graduation.
6th December 2011, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Hi all ,

I have completed my BE (engg) and working in a IT company for 5.3 year . and done 4-5 project on social work , (www.eodissa.com/seva)

I would like to do my distance MSW , so can any one please guide me how to move forward .

Plz drop me about this "[email protected]"

Regards,
-Amaresh Chandra Das
www.eOdissa.com
31st December 2011, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

I am post graduate having 25 yrs ext in HR. I am Ludhiana based & want to do MSW,What is the process.

vijendra sharma
20th January 2012, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

when i apply for msw course at ignou?
10th March 2012, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

10th march 2012
Prema chennai
I am graduate and working in a visually challenged orgn. I planned to do msw . please guide me.
12th March 2012, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

I'm doing first year in MSW..... from IGNOU
please guide me MSWL- 001 Social Work Practicum-I 10 (Practical)
I don't know anything about this subject.

Dharminder
[email protected]
30th March 2012, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

msw course eligibility from lucknow university.?
3rd August 2012, 02:47 PM

I am B.A.from english,economics,political sc..I am govt employee in hospital. can i do this course.
8th October 2012, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Unregistered

MSW course with distance learning from IGNOU: Eligibility? Fees criteria? Center in Mumbai? Details of the course?

I m B.a.(sociology Special) graduate YCMOU University. Want to do MSW course through distant learning from IGNOU. Please provide me the details about the
1)eligibility criteria
2) the fee structure
3) the study centre or college in Mumbai where should contact for admission purpose.
4) The details of the course.
5) Last Date of admition

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/msw-course-distance-learning-ignou-eligibility-fees-criteria-center-mumbai-details-course-90064.
28th October 2012, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

Sir/Madam ,I have done graduation from DU in home science hons .Can i pursue msw distance course?
4th April 2013, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

respected sir/madam, i have appeared my b.a in sociology recently and i want to know whether msw or m.a is in demand in this present senario? plis advice...
18th April 2013, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

last date of submission of msw application form on this year of 2013 ?
27th July 2013, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

sir, I have a degree. I would like to join for MSW course in IGNOU. could you just let me know all the details regarding the admission, Thank you. USHA
28th September 2013, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

sir, I have a degree. I would like to join for MSW course in IGNOU. could you just let me know all the details regarding the admission, Thank you. USHA
28th September 2013, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/msw-course-distance-learning-ignou-eligibility-fees-criteria-center-mumbai-details-course-90064.html#ixzz2gBZZmdtn
24th August 2014, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

I am complete my B.A and now I want to do MSW in Sambalpur from Odisha. I want to know course duration and course fees and also qualification of MSW. Please help me.my email id is [email protected]
5th December 2014, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

HI I have done my B.com hons from DU in the year 2000 and want to do MSW now....please advice n let me know the details n whether a commerce student can apply....i reside in kolkata
[email protected]
17th August 2015, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

I am science graduate .Is there any scope of msw in future reply me at [email protected]
6th February 2018, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am working in BMC I want to do MSW in distance learning please give me Admission date for 2018 year and also provide fees & distance learning course lectures time table
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?