8th August 2012, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to be a legal Clinical Psychologist in India? I am a M.A in Psychology with 69%

I am m.a. in psychology(69%) and want a career in clinical psychology. what should i do to be a legal clinical psychologist in india? Do the rci recommend both degree mphil/phd in clinical psychology to be a clinical psychologist.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for M.Sc clinical psychology? Institutes which offers this course to Nursing graduates? M.Sc and M.Phil degrees will made me Clinical Psychologist? -- [New]
  2. How to be a clinical psychologist? I am doing M.A Psychology from IGNOU
  3. What are the requirements of becoming licensed clinical psychologist in India?
  4. How to do MSc clinical psychology in UK?
  5. What is the starting salary for clinical psychologist? What is the qualification requirement?
  6. Clinical Psychologist in Navy after M.A applied clinical psychology and pursuing Ph.D?
  7. Scope of PhD in clinical psychology in India: Salary wise and Job wise? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Would it be a good decision to switch to Educational Psychology after Masters in Clinical Psychology? Are there any Clinical Psychology guides in Pune, India?
  9. After B.A in Clinical Psychology what can I do? Fee structure of related institutes and the opportunities available in future?
  10. Am I eligible for Clinical Psychology entrance exam after doing M.A Psychology?
  11. What should I do after passing master in psychology?
  12. How to join M.A Psychology? I want to become Psychologist
  13. Course in Psychology is possible after Computer Science? Do I have to appear in entrance exam and practice under Psychologist?
  14. Should I go for M.Phil in clinical Psychology or Ph.D in Clinical Psychology
  15. Can a student of Arts stream become a Psychiatrist?
  16. Can I get a good rank in medical entrance so that I could become a Psychologist? List of good institutions offering the course? Is Psychology considered to be a medical field?
  17. What is the starting salary of a Psychologist? List of best universities in India offering Psychology course in India?
  18. How to do M.Phil in Clinical Psychology? Which are the universities? I have finished my masters in Clinical Psychology
5th June 2013, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What should I do to be a legal Clinical Psychologist in India? I am a M.A in Psychology with 69%

i hv jst passed 10th .i m thinking of taking arts and doing psychology in future,but is there any scope for psychology in future .please give somne information about psychology and about their careers and salary.

thankyou!
18th August 2013, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What should I do to be a legal Clinical Psychologist in India? I am a M.A in Psychology with 69%

I am in the UK. Since I have a graduation in Psychology (B.A). I am planning to study MSc Clinical Psychology with the idea of doing Ph.D? Will a Ph.D from an UK university be enough to practice as a clinical Psychologist in India?
31st December 2013, 03:55 AM
Unregistered

i am appearing for m.a and want a bright carrier from psychology . so give me some suggestion about what to do after m.a to get a gov. job.
thankyou
23rd March 2017, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

Once you do your Masters in clinical psychology you are already a clinical psychologist in India..but in USA and Australia you need to be a PHd for the same.
29th March 2017, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

I have completed MA psychology and also a PG Diploma in psychological counselling. now what is the procedure to register and to practice as a counselor and a psychologist.
26th July 2017, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Once you do your Masters in clinical psychology you are already a clinical psychologist in India..but in USA and Australia you need to be a PHd for the same.
This is a misconception. You need an RCI license to practice as a clinical psychologist in India which can be obtained only by either doing an MPhil or PsyD in clinical psychology from an approved institute or applying for a license post doing these courses.
15th September 2017, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No.
You do not become a clinical psychologist, you can just function as a psychologist. In order to work as clinical psychologist in India you require Mphil degree from a recognized university with RCI approval.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?