15th August 2012, 09:19 AM
devinder007

Procedure to join Indian Navy being a candidate pursuing 5th semester of B.Tech course with an age of 22 years?

sir my name is devinder singh (age22) and and i'm doing btech in 5th semester ....i want to know about the procedure to join Indian Navy ...may i eligible for this?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to join Indian Navy for 18 years old B.Sc 1st semester pursuing candidate?
  2. Can I join Indian Navy being a candidate of pursuing B.Sc in IT?
  3. Can I continue my B.Tech education if I join Indian Navy in 5th Semester of my B.Tech?
  4. How to join Indian Navy being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Sc in Electronics & Communications? Procedure to apply for Navy?
  5. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. how can i join indian navy being in final year?
  7. Required Percentage of Marks to apply for Indian Navy being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE?
  8. Procedure to join Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 5th semester BE in Electronics and Instrumentation? Information regarding University Entry Scheme?
  9. How can I join Indian Navy being a candidate at an age of above 19 years and pursuing 2nd year of BE?
  10. After B.Tech EEE can I join Indian Navy? Procedure to join it?
  11. Can I join Indian Navy being a Girl pursuing B.Tech in CSE? What is the procedure for this?
  12. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy?
  13. Procedure to join Defence being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year of BCA and being a girl?
  14. Exam for women to join Indian Navy? Criteria and selection pattern?
  15. Am I eligible to join Indian Air Force being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester in BE IT after completion of Diploma?
  16. Requirements to join Indian Navy being a candidate with an age of 15 years?
  17. Detailed information about Indian Navy for 27 years old Computer Science Diploma holder? -- [New]
  18. Procedure to join Indian Navy after completion of Graduation in B.Com? Required Marks in Graduation to join Navy?
31st March 2013, 04:59 PM
krrishh_002

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Navy being a candidate pursuing 5th semester of B.Tech course with an age of 22 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinder007 View Post
sir my name is devinder singh (age22) and and i'm doing btech in 5th semester ....i want to know about the procedure to join Indian Navy ...may i eligible for this?

Hello Devinder,

You are not eligible to apply for NAVY now in 5th semester.

Generally a candidate from 8th semester can apply and some times even a 6th semester students can also apply but 5th semester is too early.

6th semester posts are also for joining through University Entrance Scheme UES for Short Service Commission.

Permanent Commission is also for 8th sem students.

SSC is a service valid for 12 years expandable upto 14years on demand, after that he will be called an ex-servicemen.

You can check for notifications in the official site of NAVY:

http://nausena-bharti.nic.in/

http://nausena-bharti.nic.in/offinfo.php

Note: you may have only one year left for applying because your age is 22 at present and Age limit is 19 to 23 years. by the time you complete your B tech your age is 23-24. So well prepared and try to get in first attempt.

All the best!
31st March 2013, 06:41 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Navy being a candidate pursuing 5th semester of B.Tech course with an age of 22 years?

At the age of 22 years and pursing B.Tech. 5th semester, you will not be eligible to apply for Indian Navy through CDS.

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for an entry in to Indian Military Academy, naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

The eligible candidate aspiring for Indian Navy, must be an Indian unmarried Male having completed Graduation Degree/B.Tech. with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subject of studies from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 22 years with no upper age relaxation for any reserved candidate with good Physical and Mental Fitness, can apply for Indian Navy of CDS.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st March 2013, 09:22 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

You can apply for CDS to join navy.

Eligibility Criteria for India Navy :-

The candidate age should be between 19 years and 22 years and only unmarried male candidates are eligible.
Graduation in engineering from any recognized university .
Candidates who are appearing in the final year of degree course can also apply for this examination.

you can get other information from the website www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.....................
31st March 2013, 09:39 PM
helper1

heloo friend,

Indian defense services is a defense services of India which is a popular and reputed services of India and there are certain areas under these defense services as follows :

--Indian army
--Indian naval forces
--Indian air force

There are a number of entrance exams conducted for the recruitment of candidates into different defense services of india.

As you wants to join defense through your graduation degree then,one of the most popular and common way is CDS exam or combined defense services exam conducted by UPSC commission of india or union public service commission of india.

CDS exam is the most important exam for recruitment of candidates into any of the defense services present in india.

to appear for CDS exam,you must have to satisfy some general eligibility conditions as follows :

Eligibility conditions for Naval forces of india :

1.Educational Qualification : you must have graduation degree in engineering or equivalent from recognized & well reputed university of india with 55-60% marks.

2.Age limit :you must be within 19-23 years.

3.you must be indian.

4.you must satisfy these eligibility as :

best of luck !!
10th July 2013, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

Sir i m btech 5th sem student in electonics and instrumentation can i apply for any defence exams???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?