17th August 2012, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

How to get admission in MBBS without clearing PMT?

How we can get addmision in MBBS without clearing pmt...please tell me

17th August 2012, 12:29 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get admission in MBBS without clearing PMT?

You see there are two options in front of you. You can either choose not to appear in PMT but other entracene exams for MBBS admission else the other option is getting admission through management quota.

Medical is without doubt among the most popular career options in India. Since MBBS is so popular among the students the competition level on some of the entrance exams has increased so much that it has become very difficult to pass the entrance exam.

Nevetheless those who study hard and possibly opt for coaching classes for medical entrance exams manages to do well. Now coming back to your question, it is very specific towards not havin to appear in PMT exam which is often referred as All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT).

Like I said there are two options either you appear for some other entrance exam or apply through management quota. For the first option, here are some choices of other entrance exams conducted in India:

AFMC Entrance Exam - The Armed Forces Medical College in Pune conduct entrance exam for total of 130 medical seats. Hundred thousand candidates appear for mere 130 seats provided by the AFMC. The requirement for appearing the exam is similar to others however the important thing is that those who will complete MBBS from this college would require to work as Commissioned Officers in Indian Army for 7 years. This is part of the agreement which if violated, your medical degree may be exempted.

AIIMS Entrance Exam - All India Institute of Medical Science also conducts its own entrance exam for MBBS. There are very few seats on offered some of which are reserved for SC/ST candidates. Despite that thousands of candidates apply for the AIIMS entrance exam.

DUMET - The Delhi University also conducts medical entrance exam which is called Delhi University Pre-Medical Test or DUMET. Passing this entrance exam would give you admission in colleges affiliated to DU.

JIPMER Entrance Exam - The Jawaharlal Institute of Post-graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) also conducts entrance exam for 75 medical seats. You need at least 50 percent marks in English and same about of marks combined for Physics, chemistry and biology in 12th to be eligible.

So these are the entrance exams part of the option 1. If you are made up your mind against appearing in any entrance exam for MBBS then you only have the option of applying for MBBS course through management quota.

First thing to remember is that management quota is not offered in government medical colleges. This is a very popular scam that has trapped hundreds of people. No matter how much a person claims, don't fall for it.

There are two basis on which you can get admission in private college via management quota. First would be your performance in 12th class. If you scored around 96 percent marks in 12th board then some colleges would be happy to give you direct admission.

The other option include paying donation for getting admission. Expect to pay at least Rs 10 Lakh per seat. I know its a whopping amount but that is your option. Some colleges even charge as much as Rs 50 Lakh to 1 crore per medical seat.
26th May 2014, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

my father was freedom fighter. now my daughter clear her 12th exam. please tell me how we fill AIIMS enterence exam form with this category.
11th August 2015, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

my daughter appeared aipmt test and scored 149 marks secured 83% in cbse 12th,would she can get mbbs seat in any private medicl college without any donation?
28th April 2016, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

I have given my 12th exam this year but Iam confused how will I get into Mbbs!cause I didn't get into aipmt this year! is there any other option, I don't want to lose my this year and get into a good medical college doing mbbs
7th May 2016, 08:01 AM
Unregistered

Suppose I secure AIR 1000 or near about from General category than how would I know that which college should I join .will it be written on result website for me?
24th March 2017, 09:07 AM
Unregistered

I am service in indian army. A want to get admission in any gov college.have any college for defence person
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?