19th August 2012, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

How to do PG after working in IT firm?

I am working in an IT firm from 1 yr and want to do PG..is Mtech will be good option for me?
I have heard that after Mtech you will get job in research or as a professor only and if you want to get money in life then MBA is better option than Mtech..is it true?

1st July 2016, 12:33 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to do PG after working in IT firm?

Doing Post Graduation is a good idea. It is a wonderful career path and has proven to take people places in the past. In modern day, it is presumed that graduation is a very normal qualification and if one wants to do good in his/her life, then a post graduation has become a must these days.

Moving on, it is a question whether one should take up M.Tech or MBA. This question has been debatable ever since and it remains so very much. However, the decision can be easily arrived at if one knows what he/she wants to do in life.

M.Tech - Masters of Technology is a full time 2 years PG course that one can take up by giving GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This is one of the toughest exams in the world and only people who have graduation as B.Tech/B.E can appear for this examination.

Since this is a PG course, there is no age limit for this. It can be taken up by even students who are in their final year of their B.Tech. The national level exam is conducted during February Month every year. The best colleges about it are IITs, NITs, IIIT, BITS Pilani etc.

On the other hand, MBA - Masters in Business Administration is a full time Post Graduation program that teaches about business, its operations, skills needed to run business/companies and much more. The job prospects after doing an MBA are MUCH MORE than after doing M.Tech.

One must be a minimum graduate in ANY stream to be able to do MBA. Also, there is no age limit about this. To take this course up, one must sit for exams such as CAT, MAT, NMAT, IIFT, SNAP, XAT, CMAT, etc and then attend rounds of Group Discussions and Personal Interviews to get through. A good seat in a good college can make a lot of difference.

Thus, it all depends on what you want to do in your life and it should easily help you arrive at your decision about whether you should do MBA / M.Tech.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?