19th August 2012, 05:44 PM
Romitesh

How to pursue MBA after passing without gap year

Sir,i am a student of b.Tech 3rd yr..i want to pursue MBA after b.tech without gaping any year..Please suggest...

19th October 2012, 09:07 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to pursue MBA after passing without gap year

One must qualify CAT exam to join MBA. You can start with the exam preparations now onwards. Exam covers questions on reasoning, aptitude, current affairs, and English language. Also you can appear for the test in final year. If you can score well, you can join the program immediately after the course.
30th March 2015, 09:30 AM
sachin200792

Default Re: How to pursue MBA after passing without gap year

The premium institutes in India like IIMs select candidates on the basis of CAT scores. CAT is conducted by IIMs and is extremely competitive.

B.Tech. students are eligible to appear for the CAT exam in their final year of academic duration i.e, in 4th year (or 5th year if they are Integrated M.Tech. or Dual Degree students). If you score a good percentile, you will be shortlisted for the interviews from IIMs and after getting through the interview you can start your education in one of the IIMs you get selected in.

The procedure for other colleges is similar. You might want to apply for FMS or ISB or some other prestigious college. Most of these colleges do not ask for work experience so you don't need a gap year in between.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?