30th August 2012, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

How to become IAS official after pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in electrical and electronics engineering? Study material for preparation?

Sir/Madam,
I am persuing b.tech 3rd year in electrical and electronics engineering as of now.I want to become an IAS official.Can you please help me how and when should I start my preparation?Can you also suggest me some links from where I can download free ebooks and study material required for my preparation?

Related Questions:
  1. Books which I can refer for IAS preparation during my B.Tech 3rd year?
  2. Best training institutes in Hyderabad for IAS? I am pursuing B.Tech 3rd year Electrical
  3. Books which I should refer for IAS preparation which I can refer during 3rd year?
  4. How should I start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech?
  5. How to do marine engineering if I am a electrical and electronics engineering student?
  6. How to get the free study material to prepare for BHEL?
  7. How to become an IAS officer after Engineering (ECE)? how to prepare and subjects to study? Is it necessary to join IAS academy to prepare? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How should I start my preparation for PSU? From where to purchase the study material?
  9. Can I study B.Tech(Electrical & Electronics Engineering) being a Diploma Electrical Engineer? -- [New]
  10. How to get a government job after pursuing B.Tech in electrical and electronics engineering
  11. How should I prepare for civils? I am pursuing B.Tech 4th year in electrical and electronics engineering
  12. What should be my preparation pattern pursuing 3rd year of my B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) and pasionate to become an IPS and want to start preparation for IAS exam?
  13. Information regarding IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing EEE?
  14. Which course should I choose after B.Tech in abroad between MS and M.Tech? From where to get the study material?
  15. How to get Internship in top Companies being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  16. Is there any course to get into Marine sector? I am pursuing B.E electrical and electronics engineering
  17. How to become an IAS officer after passing electrical engineering? How to start preparation for UPSC entrance
  18. How can I manage to get a good package of 7 to 8 Lakhs? I have passed B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics engineering from DCE
14th September 2012, 10:56 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become IAS official after pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in electrical and electronics engineering? Study material for preparation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Madam,
I am persuing b.tech 3rd year in electrical and electronics engineering as of now.I want to become an IAS official.Can you please help me how and when should I start my preparation?Can you also suggest me some links from where I can download free ebooks and study material required for my preparation?
Hey friend,

To become a IAS officer you need to write the UPSC exam i mean Indian Civil Service exam to join in for the post as IAS officer and the exam which you need to write is the IAS Exam.

IAS - Indian Administrative Service

This exam is carried out by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and is held every year.

Being pursuing your respected B.E in EEE,you are satisfying the needed education qualification for the exam.

The other standards which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the exam are as follows,seek that you satisfy all of them in order to apply for the exam and they are:

~ You need to be a citizen of India

~ The candidate must have a age limit of 21-30 years of age for General Category candidate

~ For Sc/St candidate it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years

~ In the case that you are a Ex-service men you will be given a exception of 5 years from the prescribed limts

If you are satisfying all these then you are eligible for applying for the exam

To apply for the IAS exam you can do that in 2 ways:

>> Online

>> Offline

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th September 2012, 11:14 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become IAS official after pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in electrical and electronics engineering? Study material for preparation?

hi,
IAS exam stands for indian administrive service exam which is conducted by upsc.
You are doing b.tech with ece.
After complted your b.tech you can apply ias exam.
Age limit is 21 to 30 years.
Age relaxtion is 5 years and 3 years for sc/st and obc student.
You must be indian citizen.
For more:-
www.upsc.gov.in
15th September 2012, 12:58 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How to become IAS official after pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in electrical and electronics engineering? Study material for preparation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Madam,
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service this exam is conducted by UPSC twice in year for the post of an IAS Officer, IPS Officer, Governor etc.....

if you are aspiring to become an IAS Officer then you have to apply for Civil Service Examination (CSE) and passed out it with good score....

Eligibility and Criteria:
  • A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any DEcipline (B.A, B.com, B.E ) with atlest 55% from recognise universities.
  • Final year students are also applicable.

Age limit:

• General category student:- 21-30 years.
  • OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
  • SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

NO. of attempt:

• General - max. 4
  • OBC - max. 7.
  • SC/ST - No limit.

Exam pattern:

• Preliminary Exam.
  • Main Exam
  • Interview

All the best

With Regards....
Dharm27
15th September 2012, 02:42 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

IPS-Indian Police Service.

The candidates who are completed their graduation in any discipline is eligible for the IPS exam, for this the candidate must have to appear CSAT exam. This exam is conducted by the UPSC once in every year.

Eligibility criteria:-

The one who wants to apply this exam must have to complete bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

Final year candidates can also be eligible.

Percentage is not required to apply this exam.

Candidate must be a citizen of india.

Age criteria:-

The age limits is 21 years to 30 years,

3years age relaxation for OBC candidates,

5years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Selection process:-

Civil services preliminary exam,

Civil services main exam,

Personal interview.

Number of attempts:-

4 times for general candidates,

7 times for OBC candidates,

No limit for SC/ST candidates.

Physical standards:-

Syllabus for IPS exam:-

27th September 2012, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

hello, i am pursuing b.tech 4th year(7th semester) in electronics and communication eggineering....i want to b an I.A.S officer...i dont have any knowledge about it....how shud i start preparing for it...i dnt have even 1%idea and has to take first step in dis....so please help by providing satisfactory answers....i wud b very grateful to u....
26th January 2013, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

Sir/Madam,
I m persuing b.tech final year in electronics and communication trade as of now. I want to become an IAS officer. so plz help me how should i start my preparation? and plz suggest me some links where i can download study materials for preparation...
9th February 2013, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

sir/madam
can the preparation for I A S be done during M.TECH.?
19th May 2013, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

right now I am studying btech 3rd year.what preparation steps are to be started for IAS
28th September 2013, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

yeah m also pursuing b.tech 3rd year in civil engg. plz give me advice which steps are best for my future .
9th October 2013, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

now iam persuing my BE from C.G. iam in 3rd year. please give me a suggestion for civil services
16th December 2013, 03:14 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir

My name is Alok ranjan
My eye side is 6\6 without optical device.But i have eye power 1.25,can i eligible for upse exam.please replay me.
My E-mail Address is:[email protected]

Thank You
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?