12th September 2012, 06:19 PM
arpita bhavsar

Date of upcoming SLET Exam? Last date to apply for this Exam? Which subjects should I choose for this Exam being a candidate having completed M.Com course?

i want to know the examination date of slet and the last date of to feelup the form of this exam. examination center in ahmedabad and which subject i can choose. i have completed m.com. in 2010 with 57%. pls give solution .

12th September 2012, 08:37 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Date of upcoming SLET Exam? Last date to apply for this Exam? Which subjects should I choose for this Exam being a candidate having completed M.Com course?

First thing I am assuming is that you are looking for information about Gujarat SET Exam, since you asked for the examination center in Ahmedabad.

Gujarat do conducts the SET entrance exam for lecturer jobs in two languages, English and Gujarati. The test is conducted every year by the Gujarat Education Board. Anyone who is looking for lecturer job in state government funded colleges in Gujarat would have to appear for the Gujarat SET Entrance exam. Only candidates who would pass the exam would be considered for lectureship.

GSET or the Gujarat State Eligibility Test for 2012 would be conducted in the second week of October. There is no information about the actual date so far. Same is about the last date to fill admission form.

All this information would be made available on the official website of the Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET). As far the examination center is concerned, Ahmedabad would definitely have a exam center for the SET, however the exact address is yet not discloused. It is expected that the address would be given for all exam centers when GSET would disclouse the information on SET 2012 dates.

Since you have completed M.Com, you would be eligible to appear in SET Exam for Commerce. This exam is conducted both in English and Gujarati language. You are also meeting the percentage criteria. Please check the eligibility criteria below for more details.

Eligibility

1. A candidate is required to have completed post graduation degree in any stream from a UGC recognized university.

2. He/she needs to secure 55 percent marks in the master's course to be eligible for SET Exam.

3. In case the candidate belongs to SC/ST community, the percentage requirement would be 50 percent.

4. Those who are in final year of post graduation course may also apply for GSET.

5. Such candidates would have to submit their PG degree within 2 years of successfully passing the SET Exam. If failed to do so, they would be disqualified.

6. Your subject for SET Exam would be Commerce.

7. The age limit for candidates applying for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years.

8. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC and 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

9. In case of Lectureship, there is no upper age limit.

10. Similarly there is no limit on number of attempts for SET.

Like I said earlier that GSET has not released the dates of examination. However you can get information about the exam as well the admission form on - http://www.gujaratset.ac.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?