18th September 2012, 12:19 AM
nawazkhan790

How to prepare for IFS exam after completing B.E in Electrical and Electronics enginee

Dear Sir,I have completed B.E. in Electrical and Electronics Engg. and i want to prepare for the IFS exam but IFS do not consists subjects of Electrical or Electronics Engineering so can i appear with other optional subjects i.e. forestry and agriculture

Related Questions:
  1. Reference books and coaching classes in Tamil Nadu and Kerala for the preparation of IFS exam? How can I prepare for it?
  2. How can I prepare for IFS exam? On which part I should concentrate for IFS exam?
  3. How to pass IFS exam with good marks? I am doing to prepare for IFS exam
  4. How can I prepare to get good marks in IFS exam?
  5. How to get a job in RRb after completing diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering? Which books should I refer to prepare for RRB?
  6. What is the actual difference between Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Electrical Engineering? Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing Electrical & Electronics Engineering? How to prepare for this Exam?
  7. Best books to be referred to prepare for IFS exam?
  8. What is the difference between Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Electrical Engineering? How can I prepare for IES being a candidate of Electrical & Electronics Engineering?
  9. How should I prepare for TANCET exam? I am a B.E electrical and electronics student
  10. How to prepare for IFS Exam? Best Coaching centers for this Exam?
  11. Marine engineering after completing BE EE engineering? How to get seats and prepare for entrance exam?
  12. Books to be referred for IFS mains?
  13. Which syllabus to prepare for KPCL Exam for Electrical and Electronics?
  14. Am i eligible for IFS after passing electrical engineering 3rd year? Can I appear for IFS in final year
  15. In which topics I should concentrate for IFS entrance exam? How to prepare for it? -- [New]
  16. Any special sub geology and forestry to prepare for IFS exam?
  17. Can I appear for IFS exam after completing MSc Biotech? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How to prepare for OAS exam after completing B.Tech in electronics and telecommunication? Procedure to prepare for it?
2nd March 2013, 10:09 AM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IFS exam after completing B.E in Electrical and Electronics enginee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawazkhan790 View Post
Dear Sir,I have completed B.E. in Electrical and Electronics Engg. and i want to prepare for the IFS exam but IFS do not consists subjects of Electrical or Electronics Engineering so can i appear with other optional subjects i.e. forestry and agriculture

Dear Aspirant,

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service This exam is conducted by UPSC every year for the post of an IFS Officer....

For Becoming an IFS Officer a candidate have to apply for Civil Service examination and have to crack it with good score.......

Educational Qualification:

A candidate who have completed their Bachelor degree with the subject of Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology from Recognized Universities are eligible for applying IFS examination....

A candidate who are pursuing their final year of Graduation is also applicable....

Age Limit:

Age of candidate should be between 21 to 30 years, Relaxation is available for Reserved category as per Government Rule.....

Exam Pattern:

• Paper I - General English - 300 Marks
  • Paper II - General Knowledge - 300 Marks
  • Paper III, IV, V & VI - Any two subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects set out below. Each subject will have two papers - 200
Marks for each paper
  • Total marks for written examination - 1400 Marks

List of Optional Subjects:

• Agriculture
  • Agricultural Engineering
  • Animal Husbandary & Veterinary Science
  • Botany
  • Chemistry
  • Chemical Engineering
  • Civil Engineering
  • Forestry
  • Geology
  • Mathematics
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Physics
  • Statistics
  • Zoology

Books for Preparation

UPSC-IFS Compulsory Exam Guide (Paper 1 and 2)
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House (2012)
Rs. 344

UPSC-IFS Exam Botany Guide Including
Rs. 228

UPSC-IFS Exam Zoology Guide
Rs. 223

Some Good academy for Coaching:

Brain Tree

Vivekanand Academy of Civil Service

A.P Study Circle

Gayatri IAS study Circle

Erudite Coaching Center

So, Prepare according to the Exam pattern

Use some Reference Books Listed above

You can also join Coaching center for best preparation......

All the best

With Regards......
Dharm
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?