25th September 2012, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for IAS Exam after completion of Diploma in Computer Science?

sir... i am doing diploma in computer science. now i am in second year of diploma. will i be able to attend ias exam after completing diploma...?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IAS(UPSC) exam after completing diploma in computer science after 10th
  2. Can I apply for IAS/KAS after diploma in computer science?
  3. Can I appear for IAS Exam if I complete B.Tech after completion of Diploma in Computer Science?
  4. Which is the best course to do in Diploma?
  5. How to do MBA after completing diploma in computer science?
  6. Am I eligible to join M.Sc in Computer Science after completion of B.Tech in ECE stream? Job Opportunities after completion of this course?
  7. Can I do M.Sc in Computer Science after completion of Diploma in CSE?
  8. How to do MBA after completing diploma in computer science?
  9. Am I eligible for IAS exam after completing computer science and engineering?
  10. How to do IAS after B.E? I have completed diploma in computer science
  11. How can I become an IT professional and what should I do?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for Diploma in Computer Science if having 2 years of work experience being a 10th passed candidate?
  13. Am I eligible for IAS exam after passing diploma? If not then can I do MBA distance course?
  14. Can I study Diploma in Computer Science Engineering along with 12th Arts? Options after completing Diploma course?
  15. Entrance exam to study B.Sc(Computer Science) for Diploma student? -- [New]
  16. IAS after diploma course in computer science? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Which Entrance Exam should I give after completion of 10th Class to join Diploma in Computer Science?
  18. Am I eligible for IAS examination after completion of B.Sc.Environmental science?What's the admission procedure for the same?
25th September 2012, 07:40 PM
uday.krk

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for IAS Exam after completion of Diploma in Computer Science?

IAS(Indian Administrative Service) is the prestigious civil services exam conducted by UPSC.
Inorder to become an IAS officer one must qualify in the civil services exam conducted by UPSC.

To appear for IAS exam Bachelor's degree from any recognised university is a must.
Here i'm giving all the eligibility conditions below:

Eligibility Criteria For IAS

Age limits :
21-30 years as on 1.7.2012. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Official Notice).

Educational Qualifications :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

No. of permissible attempts :
Four (Seven attempts of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs (Para 3 (iv) of Notice)

Fee :
Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)

All The Best.
7th January 2013, 05:46 PM
gauraansh

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for IAS Exam after completion of Diploma in Computer Science?

hiii,for giving IAS exam one should at least have graduate degree from recognized university.The exam is conducted in 3stages
1st stage is prelims 2nd is mains and last is interview.
age limit:21 to 30 yrs for general and age relaxation for obc,sc and st and PH.
7th January 2013, 08:29 PM
amol 5

No my dear friend you are not eligible after completion of diploma

because to be eligible to give this exam you have complete your graduation first.
7th January 2013, 08:32 PM
vattikutibhavya

you can undoubtedly apply for the ias exam after your diploma.the basic eligibility to write ias is degree from any respective branch.so you can write ias prelims as soon as you get your degree certificate.all the best
8th January 2013, 11:19 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can not apply for the Indian Administrative Service with a diploma. You need minimum of bachelor degree to apply for it. As per the guidelines of Union Public Service Commission which conducts the Civil Service Examination, the candidate should have at least graduation degree.

Therefore you will have to complete degree after the diploma course to apply for the IAS. The best option for you would be lateral entry admission into the Engineering course. You can apply for the engineering after completing diploma.

The lateral entry students are given admission in the second year of B.Tech course. You will have to appear for Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET) to get admission. However there are colleges that offer direct admission if the candidate has scored more than 70 percent marks in the diploma course.

For LEET entrance exam you will need minimum of 60 percent marks in diploma. It is important to understand that you can not apply for B.Tech through AIEEE, ISEET, UPSEE or IIT-JEE entrance exam. Neither IITs and NITs will offer you admission.

IAS Eligibility

1. You should be a citizen of India.

2. Bachelor degree in any discipline.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. The age limit is 21 to 30 years for the exam.

5. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

6. Upto 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

Exam Pattern

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Interview
8th January 2013, 01:22 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello dear guest,

sorry to sAY that you are not eligible for IAS exam. only those candidate are eligible for this exam who completed their degree from recognized university and you are a diploma holder so you are not eligible

There are minimum educational qualification is Graduate any stream from any recognized university.
final year candidate are also eligible for this exam

Age should be minimum 21 and maximum 30 years
Age relaxation for OBC 3 year and SC/ST 5 years.

Attempts

For General 4
For OBC 7
For SC/ST No Limit
8th January 2013, 06:11 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible to apply to UPSC Civil Services Exam(CSE) after Diploma Course(Computer Science).
Minimum educational qualification to apply to UPSC CSE is graduation in any stream from a recognised University.You can apply after finishing your diploma and then graduation.

To become an IAS Officer you have appear/clear the prestigious Civil Services Exam.
CSE is conducted by UPSC every year to make recruitments to 24 services/posts.
After clearing CSE you can get posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS,etc.

Eligibility For CSE :

Age Limit :
General Category-21-30yrs on 1st August of the year of exam
OBC-21-33yrs
SC/ST-21-35yrs

Educational Qualification :
Minimum educational qualification to appear in the CSE is,
A Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a UGC/AICTE recognised University.
Final year appeared/appearing candidates can also apply provisionally.

After your diploma you should continue studies to get graduation degree to be eligible to apply to CSE.

Attempts :
General Category-4 times
OBC-7 times
SC/ST-Unlimited times

For more details visit www.upsc.gov.in
To apply online visit www.upsconline.nic.in
11th January 2013, 09:15 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

I am extremely sorry to say but you are not eligible for the IAS Exam after completion of Diploma in Computer Science.

The Minimum educational qualification required by a candidate for getting the eligibility is graduation in any discipline from any recognized college/university.

* Also , If you are in Final Year of Graduation then you can apply for the same.

* Age Limit :

The Pattern Of The Exam :

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
11th January 2013, 11:27 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend,................

I am sorry to say you that you are not eligible for IAS examination as per your qualification

because the minimum educational qualification for IAS examination is any bachelor of degree

IAS aspirants, first crack the Civil Examination which conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly ones

For this Civil Examination some eligibility criteria are there i.e.

>> Candidates have a bachelor degree in any stream from any recognized university,

>> Final year appeared students also eligible for this examination

>> there is no percentage required for this examination

>> Candidates age should between 21 years 30 years for general candidates

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates

>> Candidates should be a citizen of India

Selection Procedure

Preliminary Examination

Mains Examination

Personnel Interview

No.of Attempts

Maximum 4 attempts for General candidates

Maximum 7 attempts for OBC candidates

No restriction for SC/ST candidates

Examination Pattern

26th January 2013, 08:39 PM
mayankt

Hi,
No you are not eligible to appear for IAS Exam after completion of Diploma in Computer Science this is coz the eligibility criteria need only those candidate who have graduation degree from recognised university with any stream
become an IAS(Indian administrative Service) officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC
Civil Services Exam Will be held in Three Round .
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Examination
3. Interview Test
1. Preliminary Exam - This is an objective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, qualifies tothe second phase.
2. Main Exam - This is a subjective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, passes to the third phase after clear this you can go for interview round

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
#Qualification
Candidate must have graduation Degree in any stream,No specific marks are required,Final year students are also eligible
#.Age Limits
For gen-21-30 years
For obc- 21-33 years
For sc/st- 21-35 years
#.Attempts
General- 4
Obc- 7
Sc/st- no limit

good luck.........
16th August 2013, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

what should i study to attend IAS exam after i complete my diploma in computer science
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?