13th April 2010, 10:35 PM
sohail726

Can I get admission in mtech if my GATE score is just above qualifying score?

hello sir,
i got 25.00 marks in ce gate paper. qualifying score is 25.01. is there any possibility of getting admission in mtech? if any wheter i can avail scholarship or not? pls reply
thank u.

14th April 2010, 12:18 AM
nalanda
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I get admission in mtech if my GATE score is just above qualifying score?

sorry friend,really it was your bad lack that you have missed it by very minutely,
by the way chances is very few,
so you can not get the scholarship ,

so better in next time.
good luck
14th April 2010, 12:48 AM
satyavani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I get admission in mtech if my GATE score is just above qualifying score?

you are not qualified for gate as your score is less than the qualifying score,
there is no chance for you getting any scholarships ,
also you can not get admission on your gate based on gate score;
better luck for the future
14th April 2010, 01:05 AM
satyavani
Senior Member++

no you can not get admission through gate score,as you are not qualified for gate
any ways there are colleges which take admission without gate score
you can try for them
all the best
14th April 2010, 11:22 AM
anudmishra
Senior Member+

no,you are an disqualified student and know way you will get admission on the basis of gate score
14th April 2010, 03:05 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

the probability of getting admission with this is very less as you als know that you have not even qualified the exam...............still dont loose your hope and apply for some colleges may be your luck helps you............

all the best
15th April 2010, 01:16 AM
amitforever
Senior Member+

dear friend
yes u can get admission in mteach and u will also scholarship for that but there is little chanc of geting in goverment colleges rather u will get chance in private colleges more
all the best
15th April 2010, 03:29 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

sorry sohil as you also know that you have scored even the qualifying marks........so its impossible to get some college with this core..........give the exam next year and score well in it.......
15th April 2010, 08:20 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

dear,
you will get college as you have qualified the exam.....
if someone crosses the qualifying marks of the gate exam .....he gets eligible for a exam....

here you will get an college but the only difference will be that you will not get a college of your interest ...........
but you will definitely get a college.........

try your best to choose the best possible college for you ..........

you can also prepare for next year...gate exam..........

best of luck
15th April 2010, 08:55 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Hello
The most prominent options are IITs, NITs and IISc.
But if the score is low then one must follow the other options as well because there are a good no. of other govt. and private institution offering good teaching environment and researches. Some of them are as follows

IIIT Hyderabad
HBTI kanpur
Delhi College of Engineering (DCE)
Jamia Hamdard (Deemed University)
Jamia Millia Islamia University
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad (JNTU)
Padmashree Dr. D.Y. Patil University
Anna University Coimbatore
SRM University
Hindustan College of Engineering (Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology
Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT)
Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS) Pilani
Punjab Engineering College (PEC)

Each institution has its own admission process that can be obtained by visiting the college site.

Thank You
15th April 2010, 09:23 PM
quddus

yeah,if you qualified GATE,then you surely get admission in college but the problem is that you cant find college where you want to take admission. So try your best for college or if you want then prepare again for GATE exam. Thank you and all the best!
15th April 2010, 10:04 PM
sohail726

sir it is not above but it is just below the qualifying score. qualifying marks is 25.01 and my marks is 25.00
15th April 2010, 10:06 PM
sohail726

Default Re: Can I get admission in mtech if my GATE score is just below qualifying score?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail726 View Post
hello sir,
i got 25.00 marks in ce gate paper. qualifying score is 25.01. is there any possibility of getting admission in mtech? if any wheter i can avail scholarship or not? pls reply
thank u.
it is not above but it is below qualifying score .................................................. ....................
15th April 2010, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

it is not above qualifying score but it is just below qualifying score. qualifying marks 25.01 and my marks 25.00
20th April 2010, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i got 25.67 marks in gate 2010 .can i get admission in m.tech.how can i get the stipend ..wht colg i will expect i am frm cse and OC.I AM PREFER ONLY AP ....PLZ LIST OUT LAST YEAR ADMISSION CANDITEDS.PLZ RPLY ME SIR
28th April 2010, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

sir my name is nabi.. i am a Bc(b) category student.. i got 48000 GATE score with 11 marks..is there any possibility to get a M.tech seat..? if yes then could u please suggest me which college is best...
29th April 2010, 08:53 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

dear,
with this low score in GATE exam ....you might get a c-grade college ........but that will be of no use...........

so believe in your efforts and take a drop this year and prepare for GATE exams for next year..........
you will definitely get a better college next year........
join some coaching class if you need a assistance......

best of luck
29th April 2010, 11:29 PM
nandhinikuttyrajan

Smile Re: Can I get admission in mtech if my GATE score is just above qualifying score?

Quote:
hello sir,
thank u.
bcoz of low marks. u cannot apply for scholarship also......
try next time friend
best of luck
29th April 2010, 11:43 PM
edward
Top Answerer

hey sohil i am sorry to say but you have not scored even the qualifying score.........its impossible to get admission with this marks........still dont loose the hope and apply for some colleges.............

or just study the exam for one more year and rewrite the exam and score good marks........
22nd May 2010, 07:08 PM
sameergarg

mygate2010 all india rank is 8012 and c.s.% as per gate is 92.5, and b.tech% up to7 sem.
is 73, i am requiring admission in govt. colleges, iit,iiit, n.c.r., i want to know about your valuable advise in this regard.
22nd May 2010, 07:12 PM
sameergarg

a.i rank in gate 2010 is 8012 gate % in c.s. is 92.5
good colleges and probability to get admission
30th May 2010, 06:44 PM
Aditya.addy
Senior Member+

dear friend,
if your score is just above qualifying score then you will definitely be called for counselling .but this does not necessarily means you will get a good college.
depends on the number of candidate applying for such .
3rd June 2010, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

hiiiii, my gate score is 31.33(electrical).. is there any chance of getting seats in government colleges in tamilnadu?
11th June 2010, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

I have got a gate score of 349 with a percentile of 88.88.
But, my score is not above the score for getting MHRD scholarships, Can you suggest me some better colleges for admission with that score, please????????????
12th June 2010, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
My GATE CS rank is 5892 and percentile is 94.5.Can I expect admission in atleast some universities like JNTU,Delhi University,BITS?Please do help me.
13th June 2010, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

Does DCE now DTU provide MHRD scholarship to qualified M Tech students??
5th July 2010, 09:03 PM
Hitha Nanjappa

with your score, you cant get admission only in the top colleges.. but 99% chances are there for you to get a MTech seat in the normal colleges of any state.. so dont worry..
6th July 2010, 12:18 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Friend
Yes off course you are eligible for getting the M.Tech but you will get admission in the private colllege rather then the government colleges,you will also not get the scholarship.

It is better for you to prepare for one more year.And you must have to secure more then 95 percentile for getting the IIt's.

So hope you willl crack the exam next year .All the best for that.
7th July 2010, 09:18 AM
gohan4

HI
sad but if you not score more than qualifying marks
you can not go for M.tec.
8th July 2010, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

my gate score is 492 .can i get mtech admission in osmania
14th July 2010, 02:41 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

yes you can join any m.tech colleges,as you apply at them.
there is 142222 seats in m.tech in india.
join at following institutions:
jadavpur university
kalyani university
shibpur engg. colleges.
8th August 2010, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to appear in GATE exam after correspondance MCA as i m in 5th sem in my MCA form sikkim manipal and what r the required percentage in 10,12, BCA and in MCA for appearing in GATE
9th August 2010, 07:49 PM
Sathishkannan

since you are just above the qualified mark it is difficult to get seat no problem better try or try to write TANCET exam
12th August 2010, 12:26 AM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear friend

u will not get admission in good colleges . but still in some colleges they take exams for non gate aspirants.

so u can try for it.

all d best.
12th August 2010, 04:19 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

definately you can get admission in mtech though your GATE score is just above qualifying score.

in your gate score you can get good private college & some govt college.

so it will be better to take private college.as in the private college you will have better choise options.

all the best.........
19th August 2010, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
This is Ravi,My GATE Score is 317 and All India Rank is 16719..Can i get admission for Mtech(CS) in JNTU Hyderabad ?
22nd August 2010, 05:43 PM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

yes, you can get admission in any good colleges.but you can't get admission in IITs as they requires high marks.

you can take admission in NITs, top private colleges etc.

all the best.
22nd August 2010, 05:48 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
cut-off mark of GATE for M.Tech is 25, I dont know how much u have got

However,u may not get Govt. Colleges or good private colleges.
i think it will be better to take private college,after completing u will get job in various small or MNCs

good luck
26th August 2010, 03:16 PM
drdo99
Banned

hi,
Ability Level GATE Score Range is like
Outstanding 800 to 1000
Excellent 675 to 800
Very good 550 to 675
Good 425 to 550
Above average 300 to 425
Average 100 to 300
Below average Below 100

you will surely get a college,any how.
27th August 2010, 12:42 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
yes you can get admission in m.tech if your GATE score is just above qualifying level.but in that case you wont get any goverment college.you can get admission in private college.the qualifying marks is 25 and how much above the cutoff you have got will take you to that much good private college,
All The Best!!!!
27th August 2010, 05:45 AM
charli

dear friend,

you can't get admission in m.tech. course.also you won't get any scholarship.

try in next year.

best of luck.
27th August 2010, 03:27 PM
KHAN20

Thumbs up Re: Can I get admission in mtech if my GATE score is just above qualifying score?

dear friend
u can get admission in any non govt. college.
good luck
27th August 2010, 03:33 PM
KHAN20

Thumbs up Re: Can I get admission in mtech if my GATE score is just above qualifying score?

dear friend
u can get admission in any non govt. college.bt u can't get govt. college.
good luck.
27th August 2010, 05:59 PM
subhash5687
Banned

Quote:
hello sir,
thank u.
yes you will got not that much good collge which you should get
so try next time you will got nice score as well as nice college for m.tech
27th August 2010, 06:48 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

sorry friend..

You really missed it thiss time....but no worries there is no limitations in iving Gate...try next year...You can surely do better...And there is no point in getting low score and studying in not so good college...

Good luck !!
27th August 2010, 06:58 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

see, As you you are saying that your GATE score is above the qualifying score, then you can get admission in Mtech..

but I think you will not get good colleges as your score is not good..

so you will get college according to your GATE score..

my suggestion is to appear in GATE once more.. but this time you have to be serious..
study well, for doing good score in GATE..

all the best..
28th August 2010, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

respected sir
i have got 270 gate score and 20161 rank in ec dept. total candidate appeard 104970. kindli tell my percentile.
and plz tell me wich college i will get
keep in mind dat i m aschedule cast candidate
and gate score is valid for two years and one year is over and i can not able to take admission as i have got two pending backs
sir plz take me out of this dellima
29th August 2010, 02:15 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
chance to get the colleges is high because,its depend upon counceling.
if you says your score is low i think it will better if you take chance once more.
keep hard work you will win.
best of luck
18th September 2010, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in gate exam just for availing scholarship if i have already taken admission as a non gate candidate?
19th September 2010, 11:54 AM
meeria

dear friend

Yes off course you are eligible for getting the M.Tech in the private colllege you will also not get the scholarship.

It is better for you to prepare for one more year.And you must have to secure more then 95 percentile for getting the IIt's.

as you wish

have a good day
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?