6th October 2012, 11:41 AM
khushy kaur

What is the syllabus of ARS and NET exam for soil science? How can I prepare for these tests?

what is the syllabus of ARS & NET exam for soil science? how can i prepare for these tests?

11th October 2012, 06:42 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the syllabus of ARS and NET exam for soil science? How can I prepare for these tests?

Soil Science is covered in Natural Resource Management subject for Prelim exam.

The syllabus of Soil Science for ARS-NET Prelim examination is as given below.

Concept and definition of soils, rocks and minerals; Pedology, pedogenic factors and processes;
Soil survey, soil classification; Soil properties – physical, chemical and biological; Soil -water
concepts, soil-water-plant atmospheric relationships, water stress, nutrient stress, water use,
irrigation water management, soil reclamation; Hydrologic cycle, modeling of water nutrient
balance; Soil chemistry, soil fertility, soil biology, soil / land degradation and management; Soil
quality and carbon sequestration; Analytical methods and instrumentation use in Soil Science;
Agricultural statistics required for Soil Science experimentation; Water science and technology;
Watershed developments of water management systems.

Kindly refer the attached .pdf files for complete syallabus of the exam for Soil Science
discipline.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ARS NET Syllabus-Outline-Prelim.pdf(71.5 KB, 643 views)
File Type: pdf ARS NET Syllabus-OutlineMains.pdf(542.2 KB, 568 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?