5th March 2011, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

Which is a better career option among MBA and MCA after BCA?

hello i'am prithviraj,
I completed bca(bachelor of computer applications).Many of them told to choose MCA but m interested in doing MBA,in MBA i dont know what course to choose which shines my career.The course which i choose should be thought by practical wise and after getting job the job should be in same practical manner,i guess u understood so please reply me as soon as possible.
Thanking You
ur's faithfully,
Prithviraj krishnan

6th March 2011, 01:03 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

Default Re: Which is a better career option among MBA and MCA after BCA?

well if you want to do things practically then MCA IS BEST FOR YOU

MCA degree is equivalent to B.E from computer science from hiring point of view for most of IT companies.so to get good job MCA will be very good option to you as you have
done BCA .

MBA is good too but it will change your stream.
6th March 2011, 10:03 AM

MBA Courses

Among all the preferred career courses, Master of Business Administration or a post graduate diploma in management is perhaps the most sought after.

MBA Prospects in India

*Successful completion of MBA courses can offer you at least the following options -
*Fast-track growth in professional career
*Being an entrepreneur, you can set up your own business
*Opportunity to explore
*Becoming a leader in an emerging field
*Developing business knowledge and technical skills

So, i would suggest you that go for MBA with Finance or Marketing field and the main thing is that your interest is also towards MBA .

Go for it and Give ROCKING performance
6th March 2011, 11:15 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Which is a better career option among MBA and MCA after BCA?

Dear friend ,

After BCA MCA would be a good option according to me as BCA is related to computer .

So, you must not leave your field and do master degree in Same field only.

But finally it is up to you to choose the field according to your interest.

Best wishes!!!!!!!
16th March 2011, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

What will the monthly income after doing Mca?
2nd April 2011, 04:45 PM
Revathy GM

Dear Friend

Your monthly income depends on the institution where you work

If you work in college - 15000 to 20000 p.m

If you work in MNC - 18000 to 22000 p.m

so it varies

All the best
7th April 2011, 02:45 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Both are good options.I would suggest you to choose the one which you have more interest.

As you have done, you are already having some background or knowledge in the area of computers.

If you want to pursue your career, then you can opt for MCA which can bring you good jobs in the top IT companies like Wipro, Infosys and TCs.

If you are not interested in technical side, then you can opt for Management course MBA.

MBA people is in good demand. These people have plenty of opportunities in several sectors.

The organization may use you in both the areas technical and other areas as you have technical background and management too.
7th April 2011, 03:34 PM
shermin
Senior Member+

You have done BCA so i think MCA is a better option for you because you are acquainted with the topic.Doing MBA would take you to a different field.
7th April 2011, 10:51 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

according to me the best career option after BBA is MBA in today's scenario best MBA students are at the demand at this hour and they are even paid handsomely and they do not find problem in being placed .......

but then your interest matters at the end......
so the choice is yours and yours alone .....
9th April 2011, 06:04 PM
Nazu_khurana

Thumbs up Re: Which is a better career option among MBA and MCA after BCA?

I think after BCA, MCA will be better option for you as you have good background for this.

MBA is also a good choice but it is not as easy as looks to be. There is very heavy competition in MBA entrance examination. For qualifying a good reputed MBA entrance you will have to prepare very well with complete sincerity and honesty. But it will take at least one complete year.

You should choose what you feel best according to your interests.
22nd April 2011, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir,
This is Vipin Kumar, before 2 years I did BCA, I am also confused about MBA and MCA that which one have a bright future.
I forgot most of the things of BCA in these past 2 years, There for I want to do MBA. Is it a correct choice or should i go for MCA.
I know that I can manage MCA if i start to do this.
Vipin Kumar
[email protected]
30th April 2011, 01:56 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Which is a better career option among MBA and MCA after BCA?

I think MCA is good option and this is also good course and after that you will get easily set in software company........
14th May 2011, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

I am a Bio science intermadiate student and currently doing bca final year from netaji subhas open university, kolkata.I 've done eDAST and J2EE courses from CMC Academy.
For a secured and bright career in future what course should I opt for doing master degree after completing bca according to my above mentioned criteria.Wether I should opt MBA or MCA or other.
20th May 2011, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

hi im kishen here.
i hav finishd mi 2nd puc and wod like to take up bca, so wat i wantd to knw is wich one wil be better after finishing mi bca course ( mba or mca).mi parents r telling me to do mba bt im a little confused..And kindly tell me the subjects involved in bca...???

thanking u,
kishen.m
25th May 2011, 10:45 AM
stranger351

MBA is management course and other side MCA is software course..
Both are the master degrees and both are not bad courses..
As you write in your question you are completed your BCA so i will suggest you MCA is best and good option for you if you want to go in the field of programming....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MBA-or-MCA.png
Views:	129
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	31929  
29th May 2011, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

i completed my b.tech in IT stream....i want to do MBA now....which stream is better for me in MBA??? IT-management or finance?????
10th August 2011, 08:07 AM
saurabhkaushal333

the best carrer option after bca is mca not mba . if you done bca mca is good option mca is the master degree of computer
14th August 2011, 08:10 AM
Lyk23

Smile Re: Which is a better career option among MBA and MCA after BCA?

HI FRIEND,

It is very much better to do MCA after BCA .

Because BCA is fully based on computer technology as MCA both are computer application streams.

where areas in MBA its a businees stream .BCA is not related to MBA at any point. MBA is also a superb stream but for doing that we should study BBA as UG COURSE.

so, its better to do MCA after BCA.

But it is also possible to do MBA after BCA but it will not have as much value as MCA has.

BEST OF LUCK!
14th August 2011, 01:17 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

Hello,

MCA is a better career option after BCA

BCA(Bachelor of Computer Application) and MCA(Master of Computer Application) both are computer field. There is a large scope for computer fields. All software companies are depending on fresher. You have many job opportunities in computer field that too when you finished MCA.

MCA is a post graduate two year course. It is a technical base field you must have some knowledge in C, C++ and Java and other database fields. So you expect high salary. So MCA is a very good field.

Thank you
14th August 2011, 04:20 PM
Azher88

Location: 697/4, Bhola Nagar, Kotla Mubarak pur, New Delhi-110003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello i'am prithviraj,
I completed bca(bachelor of computer applications).Many of them told to choose MCA but m interested in doing MBA,in MBA i dont know what course to choose which shines my career.The course which i choose should be thought by practical wise and after getting job the job should be in same practical manner,i guess u understood so please reply me as soon as possible.
Thanking You
ur's faithfully,
Prithviraj krishnan
As i inform you that the BCA and MCA both are same type course but the other side MBA is different i hereby suggest you to choose MCA just because its also computer programming course and you have three years knowledge in the field of computer programming and the scope of this is very high now a days.
20th August 2011, 08:56 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello i'am prithviraj,
Thanking You
ur's faithfully,
Prithviraj krishnan
Hi friend
u have two options after bca.the first option is MBA.
MBA is also a very good option for u and it will help u for a better package after MBA.MBA is a good option for giving managment and business information and knowledge.

the second option is MCA.i think its craze is more than MBA.if u want to go for programming field after master degree than u can continue with MCA and u can do some programming courses along with MCA.u can do java course with MCA.java is a very good field for future preference.

and also its up to u and its depend on your choice.

all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?