9th October 2012, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

How should I become a IPS Officer being a candidate pursuing Engineering in Computer Science?

sir,i am sangamesh studying engineering in computer science and engg department how should i became an ips officer

27th March 2013, 10:39 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I become a IPS Officer being a candidate pursuing Engineering in Computer Science?

You should qualify the selection test conducted by UPSC to get in to IPS post. Selection is done through 2 stages, prelims and mains. For IPS position, you need to qualify physical efficiency test. You can apply for the position after completing graduation. Your age must be less than 30 years in order to apply.
27th March 2013, 09:01 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I become a IPS Officer being a candidate pursuing Engineering in Computer Science?

hi,
Civil services exam is conducted by UPSC for recruitment to various all India services including IAS , IPS , IFS , IRS

Selection Process :

Preliminary examination
Main Examination Interview

Educational Qualification :

Complete a degree from a recognized university

age limit :

Min of age 21 years & Max of 30 years for General candidates
3 years age relaxation for OBC
5 years for age relaxation for SC/ST

Number of Attempts :

General candidates : 4
OBC candidates : 7
SC/ST candidates : no limit

for more info;-
upsc.gov.in
27th March 2013, 09:19 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IPS - Indian Police Service, to become an IPS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year after completion of Graduation in any stream. So a candidate after completion of Graduation in Computer Science Engineering is eligible to apply for IPS, Civil Service Exam.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

-Civil Service Main Exam

-Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st March 2013, 11:22 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,i am sangamesh studying engineering in computer science and engg department how should i became an ips officer
INDIAN POLICE SERVICES (IPS).

You are eligible to apply for the IPS entrance examination. In the final semester of the B.Tech course you can apply for the IPS entrance examination.

The Civil Services Examination is conducted by the UPSC once in every year. Here i give you the details eligibility criteria for the Civil Services Examination.

Eligibility Criteria for IPS Examination :
--> Pass graduation degree in any discipline from a recognize University. Final year graduation candidates can also appear in this examination.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for reservation category.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the IPS entrance examination. If you satisfy the above mention eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for the IPS examination.

Selection Process : The IPS entrance examination is conducted in three ways : (1) Preliminary examination. (2) Main Examination. (3) Personal Interview.

For any more and complete information regarding the upcoming IPS entrance examination please visit the official website of UPSC : http://www.upsc.gov.in
28th July 2013, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

what is diff between ips & upsc exam?
22nd December 2016, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I give the exam of IPS after completing B.tech in computer science and engineering..?
Pls tell me sir...
23rd December 2016, 11:42 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Hi,

The Indian police Service is one of the 3 all India service of Government Of India.
If you meet the following eligibility criteria you are then eligible for IPS exam

Eligibility of becoming IPS officer
>> Minimum height Mens-165 cm, Women 150cm
>> minimum chest mens-84cm ,women-79
>> Myopia should not exceed minus 4.00D
>> Qualification should be a bachelor degree from any UGC recognized university.
>> Age limit is 21 to 30 only.
For general category number of attempts is limited to 4.

Thanks
30th January 2017, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

Can I qualify UPSC after my PG(M.Tech)?
What are the best institutes in India for UPSC?
What is the age limit for OC's?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?