9th October 2012, 09:34 PM
saif qureshi 67

Can I get admission in IIMA MBA after passing 10th with 78.73%

sir i have passed 10th standard with 78.73% and i am appearing for 12th with commerce. so can i dream to get admission in IIMA MBA? if yes, then what should i do?

10th October 2012, 01:28 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIMA MBA after passing 10th with 78.73%

There is no cutoff marks (10th and 12th board exam) decided for admission in IIMs.
If you are dreaming for IIM-A then you should equip yourself with good academic
record because marks of 10th, 12th and Graduation are taken into consideration
along with CAT score for calls from IIMs.

78.23% marks is just above average but its not very good but you have long way to go
before appaearing CAT so it is not a matter of being discouraged too.

You are supposed to score heavily in 12th board exams as well as in graduatio so that
your chances become high from academics point of view.
If your academic record is good then you could get call from IIM-A and other good IIMs
at 99.0 percentile too.
Also individual score of the section of CAT exam are taken into consideration
but presently you should not bother for that.

You just concentrate to score highest possible in coming exams and give some time
to newspaper reading, novels and magazines.
10th October 2012, 01:33 PM
bhaskar51

Quote:
Originally Posted by saif qureshi 67 View Post
sir i have passed 10th standard with 78.73% and i am appearing for 12th with commerce. so can i dream to get admission in IIMA MBA? if yes, then what should i do?
There is no cutoff marks (10th and 12th board exam) decided for admission in IIMs.
If you are dreaming for IIM-A then you should equip yourself with good academic
record because marks of 10th, 12th and Graduation are taken into consideration
along with CAT score for calls from IIMs.

78.23% marks is just above average but its not very good but you have long way to go
before appaearing CAT so it is not a matter of being discouraged too.

You are supposed to score heavily in 12th board exams as well as in graduatio so that
your chances become high from academics point of view.
If your academic record is good then you could get call from IIM-A and other good IIMs
at 99.0 percentile too.
Also individual score of the section of CAT exam are taken into consideration
but presently you should not bother for that.

taking admission in iims cat persentile is more necessary
10th October 2012, 06:01 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Now you are pursing 12th Commerce. It is very good that you are dreaming for IIM(Indian Institute Of Management) top purse MBA(Master of Business Administration) which is a two years post Graduation Course and can be pursed after Graduation.

So now you have to go long way and after completion of Graduation you can apply for MBA. But now you can start your preparation accordingly keeping in view to reserve a sheet in IIM.

To purse MBA in IIM one has to to apply, appear and crack its entrance exam CAT(Common Admission Test).

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation in any stream with at least 50% marks(45% marks for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University. There is no upper age limit for application to CAT.

So there is relevance for securing 78.73% marks in 10th or 12th but after securing at least50% qualifying marks in Graduation, you have to excel in entrance examination basing on the score through CAT, you can get a sheet in IIM.

For more information you may log on to http://www.catiim.in
5th November 2012, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

I'm a b.tech pass out student(2012)with 56 % marks, 83% in 10 and 70 % in 12 standard, and dont have any work experience, and is looking forward to appear in cat 2013. Am I eligible to take the test and if yes what are my odds to get selected if do well in test...?
15th January 2013, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

i have got 70% marks in 10 can i be selected in iima
21st January 2013, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

can i get admission in IIM MBA after passing 10th with 59.36%
21st January 2013, 04:32 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Its too early for you to think about Master of Business Administration. The percentage of 10th and 12th are not given much preference in the Indian Institute of Management. Right now your focus should be on completing 12th and then graduation.

You will only be able to apply for Master of Business Administration after completing graduation. It could be any graduation course like B.Com, BBA, BCA, B.Sc etc. The admission in IIM would depend on your performance in entrance exam.

Common Admission Test (CAT) is the entrance exam for admission in any Indian Institute of Management. You should have at least 50 percent marks in 12th board to apply for Common Admission Test.

It would be your performance in Common Admission Test that would depend whether you will get admission in IIMs or not. It would be very tough competition. Only candidates with 90+ percent in Common Admission Test are considered by the IIMs.

These days, hundreds of candidates score more than 95 percent marks in Common Admission Test. If you get such high percentage then next step would be to send application in as many IIMs as possible.

Don't get overconfident and apply for only one. You should apply for as many as possible. Therefore your target should not only be IIMA but any of the IIMs in the country.

The process of offering admission is different for each IIMs. Some will also consider your percentage in 12th standard. For example IIM Bangalore gives 90 percent importance to CAT score and 10 percent importance to score in 12th standard.

Others may also give preference to 10th standard. It would purely depend on each IIMs. Even after getting a good CAT score, you are not guaranteed to get admission in IIM. After evaluating your application they, you would be send a letter.

After which the next step of admission process will start. IIM will conduct group discussions, interview before offering admission.
21st January 2013, 05:52 PM
SHARIB IZHAR

You can get admission in Indian institute of management Ahmadabad. But, you should pass 12th exam first. There is no any percentage required to take admission.
Do well.
21st January 2013, 07:19 PM
sushildhaker

Following factor will decide whether you are eligible to get admission in IIM Ahemdabad or not-

1 CAT percentile

2 Personal interview

3 Class 10 and 12th marks.

All the three factors plays important role to get admission in IIMs.

CAT is an entrance exam which is conducted by IIMS every year to provide admission in IIMs and many other top institutes are accepting the CAT score to provide admission.

Notification-CAT notification is released every year in the month of August so you can fill online application form for CAT

Exam-CAT will be conducted from last week of October to first week of November

Result-In January you will get your result.

Counseling-after result you have to participate in counseling to fill your choice.
21st January 2013, 07:59 PM
mayankt

Hi,
Yes you can get admission in IIMA MBA after passing 10th with 78.73% coz The percentage of 10th and 12th are not given much preference in the Indian Institute of Management,after completing graduation. It could be any graduation course like B.Com, BBA, BCA, B.Sc etc. The admission in IIM would depend on your performance in entrance exam.
Common Admission Test (CAT) is the entrance exam for admission in any Indian Institute of Management,You should have atleast 50 percent marks in 12th board to apply for Common Admission Test.
It would be your performance in Common Admission Test that would depend whether you will get admission in IIMs or not. It would be very tough competition. Only candidates with 90 percent in Common Admission Test are considered by the IIMs

CAT Eligibility
The candidate must hold a Bachelor¡¯s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (It may also referred to as Persons with Disability (PWD) category)], awarded by any ofthe Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor¡¯s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree
Good Luck....
25th March 2013, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

i have scored 85% in 10th n 71% in 12th n m doing BMS m I eligible for mba in IIM - A
8th June 2013, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

can a student who repeated hiz 12th due to some health problms will get addmission in iim ?
30th June 2013, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

I am a research engineer in India and have a MS with 3.6/4.0 , Btech 2.8/4.0 , 12: 86% , 10 : 90% and 2 years of work ex in US... Is there any point
in my preparing for IIMA as I do not have 80% in my BTECH... I calculated the AR score and I am getting 27 out of 33.. that is a straight loss of 6 percentile.. Even if I get some 99.9XX is there a chance... ??
1st July 2013, 05:16 PM
bully 001
Member+

Smile Re: Can I get admission in IIMA MBA after passing 10th with 78.73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by saif qureshi 67 View Post
sorry this cut off is not eligible for iima mba .
for iima mba you should be pass your graduation than after you can apply in this exam .
in this exam if you gain high rank in all over india than you can get admission in iims college for mba degree .
thanks
20th October 2013, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

Is there any Course in IIM-A after 10th which I can study?
13th November 2013, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

can i join iim after completing 10th?
18th January 2014, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

can I join iim banglore with marks 65 in class 10 ? how to apply iim in banglore
12th March 2014, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

sir, actually i done my 10th in 2009 and 12th in 2013 . Means gap of 2year. I have 52 percent in 1oth and 73 percent in 12th and there is not any gap after 12th. Am i eligible for Cat exam
29th May 2014, 07:15 AM
Unregistered

Sir can i apply for higher studies in good colleges and top IIMs after appearing for Cbse improvement Exam. It is applicable in IIT? Is it applicable in others?
20th July 2014, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

respected sir,
I am studying in b.c.a 1st yr. After completion of my b.c.a i want to do m.b.a in i.i.m. May i get seat there. my 10th %is 73, 2nd yr %is 68 in science. if it is difficult to get seat then guide me which books have i to read, which books are useful to get seat in i.i.m. Kindly give some information about i.i.m colleges.
thanking you..................................
11th September 2014, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Sir/ mam
Iam 10th standard student and I want do M.B.A so which subject is compulsory in 11th standard for M.B.A.....plz tell me
6th November 2014, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

i have got 62% in 10th class and in 12th i have got 90% so i have chances to get admission in top iim such iim a b c
7th November 2014, 05:37 PM
Devdatta Divekar

Hi! If you are dreaming to get admission in IIM-A then it is better to start preparing for MBA now. IIM considers bachelor candidates from any discipline. For MBA admission in IIM, you will be required to give CAT (Common Entrance Test). The admission process consists of the nationally administered COMMON ADMISSION TEST (CAT)/GMAT/GRE/GATE/UGC-JRF(varies for different areas), past academic performance, performance in the interviews.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?