9th October 2012, 11:24 PM
nutulapathi reshma

What is civil services prelims syllabus?

dear sir,
myself reshma persuing b.tech iii year in cse department.
i am interested in civil services. so,can you guide me that what books have to prefer?
and can you tell me that,for prelim exams which topics have to prepare?i would like to start preparations from tomorrow on wards ?please guide me in such a way that what should be prepared first.please help me,so i would be thank full for your valuable suggestions

thanks & regards,
reshma

5th April 2013, 11:26 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is civil services prelims syllabus?

In the Prelims exams there are two papers.

Topics that are there in these Two Papers are:

Paper one
History of India and Indian National Movement.
Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights
Issues, etc.
General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require
subject specialization.
General Science.
Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics,
Social Sector initiatives, etc.

Paper Two
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision-making and problem-solving
Comprehension
Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
General mental ability
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) Data
interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.
English Language Comprehension skills

Books for Preparations:
Guide to IAS CSAT(Civil Services Aptitude Test Paper II)

UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination Paper-I in 60 days by Rakesh Dwivedi

The Pearson CSAT Manual 2013: Civil Services Aptitude Test for the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examinationby Edgar Thorpe, Showick Thorpe
6th April 2013, 02:43 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Civil service exam conduct for recruiting the candidate of - IAS ,IPS and IRS department .

Educational Qualification for Civil Service Exam:-

Those candidate have completed graduation degree from recognized university are applicable for Civil Service exam.

Age criteria for Civil Service Exam:-

For General category candidate your age should be in between 21 to 30 years
For OBC category candidates your age should be between 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST category candidates age should be between 21 to 35 years.

No of attempts for Civil Service Exam:-

4 attempts for General category candidates
7 attempts for OBC category candidates
Unlimited attempts for sc/st category candidates

I have attached the Syllabus for Civil Service exam so please check it out.

For more details & updated information visit www.upsc.gov.in

Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR CIVIL SERVICE EXAM.pdf(11.7 KB, 93 views)
6th April 2013, 04:28 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Preliminary Examination Syllabus :

Paper I :

Current events of national international importance

History of India & Indian national movement

Indian & world Geography : physical , social , economic geography of India & the world

Indian Polity && governance : constitution , political system , panchayati raj , public policy , rights issues ... etc

Economic & social development : sustainable development , poverty , inclusion , demographics , social sector initiatives .. etc

General issue on environmental ecology , bio-diversity & climate change that do not require subject specialization

General Science

Paper II :

Comprehension

Interpersonal skills including communication skills

Logical reasoning & analytical ability

Decision Making & problem solving

General mental ability

Basic numeracy , Data interpretation

English language comprehension skills

http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th April 2013, 12:16 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend................

Syllabus for Civils Prelims Examination

UPSC Prelims Exam Syllabus 2013

Paper I - (200 marks) Duration: Two hours

Current events of national and international importance

History of India and Indian National Movement

Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.

Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.

Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.

General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization

General Science.

Paper II- (200 marks) Duration: Two hours

Comprehension

Interpersonal skills including communication skills;

Logical reasoning and analytical ability

Decision making and problem solving

General mental ability

Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level)
Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. -Class X level)

English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
7th April 2013, 03:54 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Reshma,

The Civil Services Examination(CSE) is a nationwide competitive examination in India conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to the various Civil Services of the Government of India, including Indian Administrative Service(IAS), Indian Ordnance Factories Service(IOFS), Indian Foreign Service(IFS), Indian Forest Service(IFS), Indian Police Service(IPS) and Indian Revenue Service(IRS) among others.

The civil services examination is conducted in two phases - the Preliminary examination, consisting of two objective-type papers(General Studies and Aptitude Test), and the Mains examination, consisting of nine papers of conventional(essay) type followed by the Personality Test(Interview).

The civil services Preliminary examination syllabus is mentioned as below:-

Paper - 1:- Current events, History of India and Indian National Movement, Indian and World Geography, Indian Polity and Governance, Economic and Social Development, Environmental ecology, Biodiversity, Climate Change and General science.

Paper - 2:- Comprehension, Interpersonal skills, Communication, Logical Reasoning, Analytical Ability, Decision Making, Problem Solving, Basic Numeracy, Data Interpretation, English Language Comprehension Skills and Mental Ability.
7th April 2013, 08:50 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

Civil services examination is organized by Union Public Service Commission every year for those opponents who wish to be an IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS officers.

The civil services prelims syllabus is below mentioned:-

* 1st Paper:- Indian and World Geography/Indian Polity and Governance/Economic and Social Development/Environmental ecology/Biodiversity/Climate Change and General science/Current events/History of India and Indian National Movement.

* 2nd Paper:- Analytical Ability/Decision Making/Problem Solving/Basic Numeracy/Data Interpretation/English Language Comprehension Skills and Mental Ability/Comprehension/Interpersonal skills/Communication/Logical Reasoning/Analytical Ability.

The educational qualifications regarding with civil services examination are below mentioned:-

* Opponents must have finished their bachelor degree in any curriculum from any approved institution.

* There is no percentage for this examination.

* Opponents of last year of bachelor degree are also preferable for this exam.

The age criteria and relaxation regarding with civil services examination are below mentioned:-

* 21-30 years.

* Relaxation:- 3 years, 5 years and 10 years for OBC, SC/ST and PH opponents.

* Citizenship:- Opponents must be an Indian.

* Opponents must have 4 and 7 no. of attempts for General and OBC category.

* There is no attempts granted for SC/ST opponents.

Thanks.

8th April 2013, 10:41 AM
k chanchal
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutulapathi reshma View Post
dear sir,
myself reshma persuing b.tech iii year in cse department.
i am interested in civil services. so,can you guide me that what books have to prefer?
and can you tell me that,for prelim exams which topics have to prepare?i would like to start preparations from tomorrow on wards ?please guide me in such a way that what should be prepared first.please help me,so i would be thank full for your valuable suggestions

thanks & regards,
reshma
[COLOR="Red"]Hello Aspirant,[/COLOR]

It is good to high ambition.But now since you are in the third year of engineering first of all you should concentrate on your present course.Since on the basis of your graduation in engineering,you can write UPSC exam for civil services.
Introduction:

IAS Syllabus 2013: IAS Preliminary Exam & Mains is conducted every year by Union Public Service Exam (UPSC) and is one of the toughest exams. Thousands of candidates appear in IAS but a very few got selected. Continuous Study, proper planning, Time management can make your preparation better. In 2013 year again IAS exam will be conducted so who want to apply firstly require to understand the IAS Pattern and Syllabus for Preliminary, Mains and Final Interview. So here prominent information is given for those seeking for IAS Exam and also we are providing you IAS syllabus 2013 for preliminary exam.

Civil Services Exam Preparation Tips

IAS Exam Pattern: to perform best in examination, candidates must clear about upsc IAS syllabus 2013.

IAS exam is conducted into three stages:
Stage 1- Preliminary exam (CSAT exam)
Stage 2- Civil Services Mains exam
Stage 2- Interview

Preliminary (CSAT Exam): Preliminary exam or Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) is the first step for IAS Exam. Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of performance in CSAT Exam. Successful candidates in this test will be eligible for the Civil Services Mains Exam. Preliminary exam is generally conducted in month of MAY

CSAT Exam Pattern: CSAT Exam consists of two papers:-
CSAT Paper I: In this paper questions are asked from “General Studies and Current Affairs” subjects. Candidates are needed to prepare good for this exam because paper I is very tough. (Current Affairs)

CSAT Paper II: In paper II General Aptitude questions are asked. So this may be an easy step to go ahead because it is not so typical. To score 50% of marks will make General candidates eligible for Mains exam.

Recommended books are as follows:-

CSAT Unique Quintessence of General Studies 2013
by J. K. Chopra
Publisher: Unique Publishers
Price: Rs. 799

UPSC Portal CSAT Comprehensive Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013
by Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: Kalinjar Publication
Price: Rs. 650

UPSC Portal CSAT General Studies Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013
by Jha, Jha
Publisher: Kalinjar Publication
Price: Rs. 1025

The Pearson CSAT Manual 2013: Civil Services Aptitude Test for the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Paperback)
by Edgar Thorpe, Showick Thorpe
Publisher: Pearson
Price: Rs. 1299

CSAT General Studies for Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2013
by TMH
Publisher: Tata McGraw Hill Education
Price: Rs. 1250

UPSC Portal CSAT General Studies and Comprehensive Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013
by Jha, Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal
Price: Rs. 1675

Thanks & the best wishes.
12th April 2013, 01:48 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.........

The Civil Service Exams are like IAS, IPS, IES, IFS.

This civil examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year.

Syllabus for Prelims:

All the best............
20th April 2013, 11:29 AM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

Syllabus for Civils Prelims Examination

UPSC Prelims Exam Syllabus 2013

Paper I - (200 marks) Duration: Two hours

**Current events of national and international importance

**Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.

**Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.

**History of India and Indian National Movement

**General Science.

**General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization

**Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Public Policy, Panchayati Raj,, Rights Issues,Political System etc.

Paper II- (200 marks) Duration: Two hours

**General mental ability

**Interpersonal skills including communication skills;

**Comprehension

**Decision making and problem solving

**Logical reasoning and analytical ability

**English Language Comprehension skills

**Data interpretation

**Basic numeracy

all the best..........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?