15th November 2012, 11:29 PM

How to pursue a career as English Lecturer after doing M.A in English

Hii I am Nupur,
I have done my ma english from jamia milia islamia university. I secured 52.66% and I want to pursue my career as English lecturer. I am keen to do P.hd but with these marks what should I do ???
Please help me I am in fix.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I become lecturer of English after my B.Com or is it necessary to have BA in English?
  2. Am i eligible for Lecturer job in government colleges after completion of my BA, B.Ed and MA in English? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How to pursue a career in government degree college? i have completed my M.A with English Literature
  4. From which universities can I do Ph.D in English?
  5. How to pursue M.Phil in English?
  6. Colleges to join after getting 80% in MAT Feb?
  7. Can I pursue Ph.D course in English without leaving my Job as Lecturer in Engineering College?
  8. What's the registration procedure and Last date of registration for CS course? I've completed my Graduation(B.Com)
  9. Can I become a lecturer after completing B.A with 47%? I did not have English at graduation level?
  10. What is the scope for a B.Tech student in banking sector and journalism?
  11. Will I get admission for B.A English in Stella Maris?
  12. Career prospects after working as Lecturer for Business Communication at the Degree college, M.A in English Literature and M.Phil?
  13. How may I prepare to get placed in good companies? I don't belong to a reputed college
  14. Which is the best coaching centre for Junior Lecturer(English) post? I am preparing for APPSC Junior Lecturer competitive exam
  15. How to pursue Ph.d in English after completing M.Phil in English?
  16. How to do Ph.D English? I have scored 51% marks in M.A -- [New]
  17. How to prepare for mpsc UPSC examination? I'm doing BFM 1st year
  18. List of career options available for a B.A(Hons) graduate in English? What's the entrance and registration date for the same?
16th November 2012, 09:26 AM
sanjeet kumar chotu

Default Re: How to pursue a career as English Lecturer after doing M.A in English

dear friend.
if you want to be a lecturer in english than you must have to complete your ugc-net exam.
the eligibility criteria for ugc-net is:
1. minimum 55% in post graduation from a recognized university.
2. no upper age limit for lectureship test.
3. maximum of 27 years of age for jrf.
since you have got just 52% in your post graduation exam, so sorry to say that you are not eligible for ugc-net.
try for something other.
all the best.
16th November 2012, 10:44 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to pursue a career as English Lecturer after doing M.A in English

I don't think it is possible for you to become lecturer in government colleges. For lecturer job in government colleges, candidates must clear the National Eligibility Test. Unfortunately you do not meet the percentage criteria to appear for it.

You may try in private colleges where you may have better chance but not in government colleges. You can also try for PhD, however the criteria could be different for different colleges. If your intention was to take get government lecturer job then you should think about PhD, because you definitely do not meet the criteria for National Eligibility Test.

I would say if you can, please apply for lectureship in private college. You have good chance in private colleges, else you should consider PhD option. For your satisfaction, I have written down below the criteria for NET entrance exam.

Eligibility

1. Only Indian citizens can apply.

2. A post graduation degree from a recognized university.

3. At least 55 percent marks.

4. SC/ST candidates need 50 percent marks.

5. Final year candidates of master degree course may also apply.

6. The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

7. There is no age limit for Lectureship.

As you can see that unless you belong to SC/ST category, you can not apply for the NET entrance exam.
17th January 2013, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

Hi. Sir i have completed physics hons with68% can i do ma english and and apply for ugc net and become an english lecturer
.or i should do m.sc. Physics and than try for ugc net....
28th September 2013, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

i have done my m.a in madras university by correspondance.i dont know what to do next plz guide me
18th February 2015, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

I have cleared my M A in Economics with 76% aggregate and I have cleared UGC-NET lectureship cutoff.. So can I apply for lectureship to any college or I will have to clear M.Phil or PhD first?
15th June 2015, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

HOW CAN I BECOME AN ENGLISH LUCTURER AFTER COMPLETING MY DEGREE IN ENGLISH LITERATURE
11th October 2015, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

I've completed my b.com with no English subject but I've recently completed my m a in English ,,,,,, I've done b.ed on the basis of b.com,, am I eligible for PGT in English & Net in English
2nd May 2016, 08:05 AM
Unregistered

I have done my graduation with honours in english and my post graduation with education as the subject. Now shall I apply for education subject in net exam?Am I eligible to do that?
13th May 2017, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir/mam, I have am a final year BSc biology student please tell me what is better to choose MSc zoology / botany or MA in english as I want to become a lecturer
24th October 2017, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have started MA English in 2017 in Delhi University. I want to be lecturer in College. What I have to do after completion of MA Engilish.

Tanya
13th May 2018, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

I've completed my 12th just now I want to become a lecturer what should I do after my 12th??
14th February 2021, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir it is possible to become english lecturer by ma english after pursuing mba
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?