24th November 2012, 04:52 PM
itzrobin

Can I do CA after doing B.Com with 48%

Dear sir i have done B.com in 2011 with 48% but i want to do C.A can i do c.a

23rd December 2012, 06:06 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I do CA after doing B.Com with 48%

You can do Chartered Accountancy Course after B.com despite being your low marks in the course but you have to do this course from foundation level (CPT)which is also know entrance examination of Chartered Accountancy course.

Minimum Eligibility of the course is 12th passed from recognized board.

ANY STREAM (ARTS,COMMERCE OR SCIENCE)STUDENT CAN JOIN CHARTERED ACCOUNTANCY

There are three stages in CA

Common Proficiency Test(CPT)
IPCC
Final examination.

The details fee structure of charted accountancy (CPT ) are as follows:-

CPT REGISTRATION FEE:
CPT Prospectus :- Rs 100
CPT Registration fee :- Rs 6000

Thus total amount :- Rs 6700

Examination in Paper Pencil Mode or Online Based Test

There are 2 groups in IPCC

GROUP I
GROUP II

You can appear for final examination AFTER clearing I and II stage of CA.

CA Total fee is around 40000/- to 45000/-.

for futher information visit
www.icai.org
25th January 2013, 02:05 AM
Unregistered

i have passed H.S.C.E. EXAM with 52%(commerce) can i study ca?
25th January 2013, 08:09 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Surely you can apply for the Chartered Accountancy course. However you will have to appear for the Common Proficiency Test. If you are thinking of exemption from the Common Proficiency Test, it is not going to happen.

Your percentage is not enough to get exemption from appearing in Common Proficiency Test. The commerce graduates need at least 55 percent marks to exemption while non commerce graduates need 60 percent marks.

Such candidates can take admission in the IPCC which is second stage of Chartered Accountancy course. But since you scored 48 percent marks, it would be necessary to appear for the Common Proficiency Test.

The CPT exam is conducted in June and December. You will have to score at least 30 percent marks in each of the two sections of the Common Proficiency Test to clear it. There are total of 4 sections in CPT exam that are divided into two groups.

1. Fundamentals of Accountancy

2. Economics

3. Mercantile Law

4. Quantitative Aptitude

Integrated Professional Competancy Course is the second stage for which you should clear the Common Proficiency Test. Only after that you will be given admission for IPCC.

Group 1

1. Accounting

2. Business Laws,Ethics and Communication

3. Cost Accounting and Financial Management

4. Taxation

Group 2

5. Advanced Accounting

6. Auditing and Assurance

7. Information Technology and Strategic Management

Final Course

Group 1

1. Financial Reporting

2. Strategic Financial Management

3. Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics

4. Corporate and Allied Laws

Group 2

5. Advanced Management Accounting

6. Information System control and Audit

7. Direct Tax Laws

8. indirect tax Laws
26th January 2013, 05:38 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for CA is Chartered Accountancy.

Yes definitely, you can do CA after doing B.Com with 48% marks.

But, for taking admission in IPCC, first of all, you will have to appear for CPT(Common Proficiency Test).

CPT has four sections, which are divided into two groups:-

* Mercentile law.

* Quantitative aptitude.

* Economics.

* Fundamentals of accountancy.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
26th January 2013, 05:49 PM
Sikdu

yes you can do it but it wl b difficult for you with low marks
26th January 2013, 05:53 PM
Budhwarz
Member+

Hi Aspirant

CA : Stands for the Charted Accountant and yes you can apply for the exam and you are fully eligible for this Charted Accountant course as you had done your bachelor in commerce degree and after this degree you are fully eligible for the exam.

For the exam first you have to write the entrance exam the cpt(common proficiency test) which is conducted every year and you have attempt it and clear it.

Their is 3 stages that you need to clear to become a charted accountant first will be the cpt and than the next stage will be the IPCC And after this the Final stage will be the Final exam.

Format of CPT Exam :

Accounts

Mercantile Law

Quantitative Aptitude

Economics

Each subject will be carry 20 marks and it means a total of 200 marks so if you want to pass than you have to score at least 50% marks than you will get admission in the next the Ipcc stage.

Best of luck
26th January 2013, 06:37 PM
aman1257

Thumbs up Re: Can I do CA after doing B.Com with 48%

Chartered Accountancy Courses & Eligibility Criteria

A chartered accountant is a person who is accepted as a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) after having passed the final examination for the chartered accountancy course conducted by the institute.

A candidate who desires to become a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and thereby a practicing chartered accountant must:

Clear the intermediate and final examination of the institute.
Register as an articled or audit clerk with a practicing chartered accountant.
Register with the board of studies of the institute.

In order to be eligible for appearing in the intermediate and final exams of the institute, the aspirant must have successfully completed and passed the foundation course.

Most chartered accountants are commerce graduates with good percentage of marks. Registration to the foundation course of one-year duration is open to those who have completed 10+2.

The foundation course can also be taken up simultaneously with graduate or postgraduate studies. Commerce graduates with 50% marks, non-commerce graduates without maths, with 55% marks and non-commerce graduates with maths and an aggregate of 60% marks are exempted from the foundation exam and are permitted to register as articled clerks for practical training.

Chartered Accountancy Career Prospects

A career in CA is highly challenging and rewarding. Aspirants should have excellent analytical skill to boost. There is maximum career growth in this field and one will get utmost level of job satisfaction and remuneration in this field.

The training for CAs is a highly elaborate procedure. Aspiring chartered accountants should pass the intermediate exam within ten years of the commencement of their practical training.

After successful completion of the final exam, the aspiring CA can apply for membership of the ICAI. All members are deemed Associate members of the institute.

Associate members who have been in practice for a minimum of 5 years and possess the experience prescribed by the council for this purpose are entitled to apply for Fellowship.

Chartered Accountants are sometimes appointed as executors under a will or trust in order to carry out the administration of an estate or settlements. On such assignments, they are often required to work in co-operation with solicitors and lawyers.

CAs also perform functions under special positions such as directorships of companies, arbitrators for settling disputes, handling work related to insolvency, bankruptcy, etc.

They are free to go in either for professional practice or to be employed by the industry sector (private companies, public sector undertakings, etc.)

BEST OF LUCK
26th January 2013, 10:49 PM
sayedmdirfanali

Dear
1.you acquired a 48%
so you don't do c.a. after b.com.
2.the other way is you start process of c.a. by cpt[entrance exam].
3.for your easyness you also go to
[icai.org]
BUT BE CAREFULL
13th April 2013, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

can I do CA after doing B.com
30th May 2013, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

can I do CA after doing I.S.C with 48%
4th October 2013, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

After ca which fields we can do jobs?
1st February 2014, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir i have done B.com in 2013 with 48% but i want to do C.A can i do c.a.And any concession in % of a obc students.
3rd June 2017, 10:45 AM
mariate24

Smile Re: Can I do CA after doing B.Com with 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir i have done B.com in 2013 with 48% but i want to do C.A can i do c.a.And any concession in % of a obc students.
Hello friend

You have to understand that CA course is not done by any govt body. It is conducted by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India by a special act by parliament.

So there won't be any reservation. The only thing is if you try the utmost you will pass or else you will lose.

CA has three levels.
CPT
IPCC
FINAL

Since you have less than 55% marks in bcom you have to opt CPT route ie you will not get direct admission in IPCC.

Do register with CPT and appear for it.

Coaching classes are provided by various institutions rather than ICAI.

Make use of these facilities.

Work hard.
11th December 2020, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

I am M.Com CAn I appear for CA Without CPT
15th March 2021, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

Yes I Have, i got 54.46% in my b.com graduation ,i had no plan before about doing CA but now i'm very intrested in this field of CA ,please help me how to do CA, this is my mobile no and whatsapp no as well. -9556787879
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?