24th November 2012, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

How to do Ph.D in English after completing M.A in English

i have completed my ma in english and i want to do phd in english.do i have the eligibility to do it.

8th January 2013, 10:13 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do Ph.D in English after completing M.A in English

Yes, you are eligible for pursuing Ph.D. Master’s degree from any of the recognized University as this is the basic qualification for Ph.D course. Eligibility requirements and admission process vary with University. Ph.D in English is offered through Universities like Christ University, Delhi University and IGNOU. Admissions are usually offered on the basis of NET score or University conducted entrance test.
16th May 2013, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

how to complete my p.h.d in english literature after my 12th?
17th May 2013, 01:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Normally a Post Graduation degree is required to take admission into Ph.D in the respective field. You are M.A. in English means you can definitely apply for Ph.D in English.

Some top Universities may ask for UGC NET scorecard for admission into Ph.D in English.

So if you qualify UGC NET then you will get a top University for doing your Ph.D.

There are many other Universities which don't ask for UGC NET score . So if you are not NET qualified then also you can apply for Ph.D in English.

The notification for admission is announced by various Universities and you have to keep an eye on it so that you can apply on time.

Some of the top Universities offering Ph.D in English Literature are listed below:

-University of Delhi

-Punjab University

-Kurukshetra University

-University of Mumbai

-Jawahar Lal Nehru University , Delhi

-Jadavpur University
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?