29th November 2012, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to become an IAS officer? I am a student of class 11th commerce

sir myself apoorva and i m the student of class11 commerce i just want to know what should i do to become ias officer from class 11 what thing i have to improve for anm ias officer ? which subject i have to take?

30th November 2012, 08:02 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become an IAS officer? I am a student of class 11th commerce

Hi dear..........
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service this exam is conducted through UPSC for this you have to appear civil service exam there are some eligibility criteria which you have to fulfill for appearing this exam.....

*The candidates should be a citizen of India.
*The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university,The final year students can also apply for this exam .
*The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs.
*There is a age relaxation for SC/ST & OBC candidates.
*The no . of attempt :
General - 4
SC/ST - unlimited
Obc - 7

The IAS exam pattern:

For more details about exam you can follow below chart :

For more details log on to....
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck...........
30th November 2012, 10:47 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become an IAS officer? I am a student of class 11th commerce

There is no specific requirement regarding subjects in school or college to become IAS officer. The best way forward for you is to first concentrate on your school studies and finish 12th. You can do 12th in any stream and after that take admission into college.

You will have to complete any graduation course to become IAS officer. The choice is truly yours. Feel free to pick any bachelor course. I would suggest to pick something which can offer you good future in case you fail to make the cut for Indian Administrative Service.

When you are in second year of the bachelor course, start the preparation for the Indian Administrative Service. Start with something very basic like language. Your English should be good to become IAS officer.

The Main Exams of IAS include a paper of English subject. So firstly start off with English. In fact that is something that you can even start right now. If your english isn't good then take some English speaking classes. You can also watch English news channels or read English newspapers to improve your command over the language.

Next thing to do would be to prepare for General Studies paper. A section of this paper is related to current events. So once again I will say, watch news and keep a track on latest happening not just in India but around the world.

You should also decide upon the optional subjects in advance to have enough time to prepare for them. In preliminary exam there will be one paper on optional subject while in Mains you have to select 2 subjects for total of 4 papers.

My advice would be to select subjects that are related to your course. Else you can pick subjects like History or Geography which is done by many especially to clear the preliminary exam. Whatever happens do not select subjects related to engineering etc as you would find it hard to study.For general studies you can study NCERT Books for Class 11th and 12th.

IAS Eligibility

1. Your nationality should be Indian.

2. A bachelor degree course in any stream.

3. There is no minimum percentage criteria.

4. The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

5. Age limit for OBC is 21 to 33 years.

6. Age limit for SC/ST is 21 to 35 years.

Exam Pattern

1) Preliminary Exam

2) Main Exam

3) Interview
30th November 2012, 12:09 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Dear ...

You should become a graduate from recognised institute in any stream after your +2

Then you can start preparing foe UPSC exams
30th November 2012, 02:59 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

HI

IAS stand for Indian Administrative Service. It's is a very reputed post of government job.

Any one who completed graduation they can apply for IAS exam. so first of all you should complete your graduation.

To become an IAS officer you will have to give civil service exam which is conduct every year by UPSC.

for this exam you must have graduate degree in any stream from recognised university.

Age should be minimum 21 and maximum 30 years for general categories.

Relaxation for obc is 3 year and for sc/st is 5 year.

In IAS exam only four attempts for general,for obc 7 attempts and no limit for sc/st.

THANK YOU...................................
30th November 2012, 09:29 PM
BITTU 00

HELLO SIR..........

for Indian Administrative Service this exam is conducted through UPSC for this you have to appear civil service exam there are some eligibility criteria which you have to fulfill for appearing this exam.....candidates should be a citizen of India.The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university,The final year students can also apply for this exam .The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs.There is a age relaxation for SC/ST & OBC candidates

BEST OF LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!
12th December 2012, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

which subject is taken in 11 th to become ias officer?
12th March 2013, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir .........
I am Epciba now I am a student of 10th i want to become IAS I am in a confusion that which group i should select in 11th?
can you please say some suggestion that which group i should select in 11th?
12th March 2013, 09:46 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS(Indian Administrative Officer) officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year after Graduation Degree.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognnised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved category candidate.

So to become an IAS officer you have to first complete Graduation first but after 12th you should have started your preparation accordingly along with your regular studies.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
13th March 2013, 01:33 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Please make a note of it.

One should be a Graduate first to become IAS Officer.

As of now, you are just pursuing 11th class in commerce. So, there is a great time a head for you to prepare for this exam.

As you are in commerce stream now, I suggest you to opt for the similar commerce related stream in the Graduation.

While pursuing Graduation itself, I suggest you to prepare for this exam (better from Coaching Institute) as this exam is considered to be very tough all over the India.

To get into IAS or any other civil service, you have to crack civil services exam.

This exam will be conducted by UPSC every year.

You should be a graduate to be eligible for this exam.

Age criteria should be as follows
21-30 years for General category
21-33 years for OBC category
21-35 years for SC/ST category

Apply and crack this exam as and when you are eligible with strong preparation.

Try to build up subject knowledge from now only.

It will be very much beneficial for you in the future.

All the best.
2nd April 2013, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

RI8 nw i have complited my 9th std and nw i m thinkng fr I.A.S bt i m not able 2 decide the subject plz sugest the bst 1 to me n collage the bst 1 of india
10th April 2013, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

Which degree should I have to become IAS
7th May 2013, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of 11th and I've taken computer science...i have a great interest to become an IAS officer..but i need help to know the right path for it..so how should i begin my preparations?
15th May 2013, 11:12 PM
anupsahu

To become an IAS(Indian Administrative Officer) officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year after Graduation Degree.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognnised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved category candidate.

So to become an IAS officer you have to first complete Graduation first but after 12th you should have started your preparation accordingly along with your regular studies.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd June 2013, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

sir i am finished 10th std which should i take in 11th std to became an ias officerr please help me sir
14th June 2013, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

I am in 10th right nw i'm asked d question what I'm going 2 take as a career option afterwards & I hv no idea wht I should opt help me plz I'm in agreat muddle.
22nd June 2013, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir! i am a student of 12th class with non-medical!................................how i should prepare for IAS and after 12th which line i should choose.....and what books i should read!
18th August 2013, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

SIR , i am satayajeet mishra. I want to be an IAS officer. I cannot get any suggestion to this exam.which subjects is better to choose after 10 . And how should i start prepared for this exam.PLEASE I REquest you to kindly help me .GOD HELP YOU.
20th August 2013, 02:43 AM
Iftiyark3

You should be become an IAS officer by following points:-
1.you must be done graduation
2.your age between 21 to 30 years
3.you must be citizen of india
4.you must be fit in mentally and physically.
20th August 2013, 03:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For achieving the aim of becoming an IAS officer you have to perform really well in the examination which is organised by UPSC.

IAS Exam or Civil Services Exam is organised by UPSC and you must have a Graduation degree to become eligible for it.

You are in 11th commerce means you have a long time ahead for IAS exam. So you must start preparing from now onwards so that you have the required basic preparation for the exam. You can also get coaching when you join Graduation which will make your discipline towards the preparation of the exam.

Age Limit for IAS Exam:

General Category : 21-30 years

OBC Category : 21- 33 years

SC/ST : 21 - 35 years

Selection Procedure:

-Preliminary Exam

-Mains Exam

-Interview

Number of Attempts:

General - 4

OBC - 7

SC/ST - no limit
30th November 2013, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

I am 2 student ( bio maths ) my aim is IAS so give tips
18th January 2014, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

now im an CA-IPCC student after passing ca i wana become an IAS officer pls suggest me
24th January 2014, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

i am in syb.com for becoming ias what should i start first
26th January 2014, 09:48 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Civil Services are the top public services in India. It is not so easy to be placed into civil services like
Indian Administrative Service
Indian Police Service
Indian Foreign Service etc.

One should have strong preparation towards the selection procedure which will be
CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

It is good that you have decided upon what you are going to be in the future and more over you have plenty of time in your hands towards prepare for this Exam. Make most out of this time towards preparation.

Then you will be placed in civil services.

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university in order to be eligible for this Exam.

Make sure that the subjects in your 12th class and Graduation should be there in the list of optional subjects for Main Exam so that you can gain in depth knowledge in those subjects which will make your preparation too easy for civil services Exam.

Better to choose the streams in 12th class and Graduation with Commerce and Economics subjects.

Better to join in coaching institute from the very beginning of your Graduation.

Wish you all the best.
26th February 2014, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

I,m in11 which books I have to reter
25th April 2014, 09:01 AM
Unregistered

i am a student of bsc 2nd yr. my subject is zbc n i want to take biology as a main subject in ias so how would i study for such a course?
9th May 2014, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12th I want to pursue ias which degree can I opt for which at least gives me some basics about upsc exams
6th June 2014, 05:33 AM
Unregistered

I am B.Com graduate student.Should I join any collage or coaching classes for become IAS officer?
28th June 2014, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

I am in class 9 and i wanted to become an IAS officer , i wanted to know which subject to take and also wanted to know that should i also do ca.
28th June 2014, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

i am in class 9 . i want to be an IAS officer ..plzzzzz...... ttell me which subject to take in 11 and what to do i am confused
6th September 2014, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

i am in class 8 and my aim is IAS officer so please suggest me and guide me
10th October 2014, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

Sir myself kunj thakkar.i am in 11th class.i have chosen science faculty.From childhood its my true dream to become an IAS.I have full courage in myself and i can do anything for my country.But sir is it necessary to become post graduate?
6th March 2015, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

Talking Re: What should I do to become an IAS officer? I am a student of class 11th commerce

Work hard and you will achieve success.Success is a matter of fact and hardwork and hardwork is the key to success. By the way I am a successful student from standard 8.
16th April 2015, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

sir i have just finished my 12th in science and waiting for my result. m confused what is the next step to be taken to study IAS. please i would be greatful if u guide me.
19th May 2015, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

I am student of 2 commerce I want be an IAS officer give me advice what subject I will take after 12th?
18th October 2015, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

i am a student of class ix and i want to ask that which subject i can choose in 11 class and i don't want to take arts?
24th October 2015, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare myself for IAS officer after B.A.
1st April 2017, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

Being the student of class11th which stream is best for me as I wants to become IAS and I don't wants to take arts
14th August 2018, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

Which subject I must to be read for IAS exam I am a student of bsc with computer science
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?