21st March 2015, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I study MS in Germany if scored 5.5 Bands in IELTS and having knowledge of Germany A2?

Hi All,
I have a B.Tech(Civil Engineering) and
I want to apply for MS in Germany.
I have a IELTS 5.5 and knowledge of Germany A2.
Can I apply for MS in Germany?
With Regards-

Related Questions:
  1. Will Embassy give me Visa to study in Germany having 5.5 bands in IELTS?
  2. Will Germany Embassy give me Visa with 5.5 Bands in IELTS?
  3. Can I study MS(Mechanical Engineering) in Germany if scored 5.5 Bands in IELTS and secured 65% in B.E.?
  4. Will Embassy give me Visa with a score of 5.5 bands in IELTS?
  5. In which university of Germany I will get admission to study Bachelor of Economics if secured 5.5 Bands in IELTS?
  6. Can I study in Australia, USA and Germany if secured 5 Bands in IELTS and having 1 year of work experience?
  7. How to pursue MS in germany after finishing B.Tech with 70.40% and 6.5 score in IELTS? Procedure to apply in germany?
  8. Can I study MBA in Germany if secured 6.5 Bands in IELTS?
  9. Admission in Australia, Germany and USA for a candidate who has secured 5 Bands in IELTS?
  10. When I will get Student Visa to study M.Sc in Germany if secured 7.0 Bands in IELTS?
  11. How to study masters education in germany?
  12. Do I need to write IELTS to opt for masters in Germany? Which are the universities in Germany? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I get admission in German universities through IELTS with 6.5 bands? Is GRE score is required for the same? List of the universities in Germany considering only IELTS score?
  14. Should I have to appear in GRE to study MS in Germany if appearing in IELTS?
  15. Can I get a job in Germany after completing B.E in Mechanical Engineering? Is IELTS enough for doing MS in Germany?
  16. What's the eligibility criteria for doing MS(Mechanical engineering) from Germany? How may I get details about admission procedure and scholarship available? How much score is required in GRE and IELTS for getting scholarship?
  17. How may I get the details like admission procedure, cut off marks, list of the colleges, scholarships etc for MS(in mechanical) course from Germany? Is it necessary to write both GRE and IELTS exam?
  18. Which is required to study masters in Germany IELTS or GRE?
22nd March 2015, 09:33 AM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MS in Germany if scored 5.5 Bands in IELTS and having knowledge of Germany A2?

Yes, you can study MS in Germany. But, the chances of getting unconditional admission is very less, because your IELTS score is very low. So, you should try to reappear for IELTS exam to secure minimum 6 bands, because most of the German universities offer unconditional admit, if the candidate has 6 bands, otherwise the universities will suggest the students to take ESL(English as a Second Language) course, which costs around 3 lakhs. So, I suggest you to retake IELTS exam, instead of wasting your money.
And you said that, your Knowledge in German Language is at A2 level, which means that you are at elementary level in learning German language. And I don't think, that German language is very important to study in Germany, because there are many universities, which are offering Master's courses completely in English language. So, try to choose the universities, which offer courses in English language. If you want to work in Germany, then it is better to complete German language upto C2 level, because you cannot get any job in Germany, without having knowledge in German language.
27th December 2018, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I study MS in Germany if scored 5.5 Bands in IELTS and having knowledge of Germany A2?

I am scored 54 .6 in BE Mechanical engineering and IELTS score 5.5 can I eligible to apply for ms in Germany
28th March 2020, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

I got overall 6 band with 5.5 in one module.... I have 75.4%in B. E(civil)... 95.4%in intermediate... Will get ms civil in Germany
31st March 2020, 07:11 PM
jayparikh

Yes, you can study MS in Germany even if you have scored 5.5 bands in IELTS. There are many universities, which are offering admissions with 5.5 bands.

So, you can get admission in those universities. But, don't try to join in universities, which will offer admission with ESL course(the English course which universities will offer due to less score in IELTS).

Because, the ESL course will cost you an additional 2 to 3 lakhs. So, try to join in universities, which offers admission without ESL course.
11th September 2020, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

I have got 5.5 in ielts and unconditional admit from german university does it affect my student visa approval?
18th September 2020, 08:48 PM
ramsagarofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have got 5.5 in ielts and unconditional admit from german university does it affect my student visa approval?
First let's discuss on 5.5 IELTS Score, you will get admission in universities as there are few of them offering courses to students who have 5.5 band score. But there are some institutes which will tell you to take ESL courses, so try to stray away from those since they cost upto 3 lakhs. Now let's move ahead to your knowledge of A2 level in Germany. If you are pursuing Germany only for studies then you don't need to learn the German language since many Universities provide the whole courses in English.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?