Higher studies after B.Sc in Zoology
Zoology is a fundamental field of Science dealing with the study of animal life. It focuses on the detailed study of evolution, classification and also structure of the living and extinct animals. An aspirant after successfully completing the B.Sc Zoology course has a great future ahead. They have a lot of higher study options available in a variety of specializations and with that qualification they can get into any of the reputed organizations offering a work profile that suits their ability. They will be offered really worthy salary packages also. They have a great scope in the allied fields of Zoology as well.
Qualification Criteria for Higher Studies after B.Sc in Zoology
The candidates who possess a Bachelor of Science in Zoology or its equivalent qualification can apply for the higher studies in Zoology. The candidate should score at least 55% marks to get admission to any of the reputed institutions. The aspirants also need a minimum marks in the entrance exam conducted by the institutes to get admission into the desired course. Some of the institutions consider only the graduation level marks of the candidate for admission into higher studies.
Higher study options after B.Sc in Zoology
There are various higher study options available in the field of Zoology. A list of higher study options after B.Sc Zoology is given below.
- Master of Science in Zoology
- Master of Science in Applied Zoology
- Master of Science in Zoology (Honors)
- Master of Philosophy in Zoology
- Master of Philosophy in Life Science
- Doctor of Philosophy in Zoology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Life Science
- Master of Business Administration
Career Opportunities after Higher studies in B.Sc in Zoology
The aspirants with a Bachelor of Science in Zoology have a wide career scope with a number of job opportunities in the Public as well as Private sector. There are various work profiles available for the B.Sc Zoology graduates. They are offered really very attractive salary packages in reputed firms. They can get into any of the reputed Government firms by writing various exams conducted by PSC, UPSC and also SSC. Some of the employment areas suitable for a B.Sc Zoology graduates include the following.
- Medical laboratories
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Environmental Agencies
- Agricultural firms
- Wild life rehabilitation centers
Some of the job profiles suited for a B.Sc Zoology graduate includes the following.
- Biology teacher
- Laboratory Technician
- Research Technician
- Technical writer
- Animal Caretaker
- Veterinary Technician
- Veterinary Technologist
- Environmental Consultant
The salary packages vary depending on the chosen job profile. It may also vary according to organizations. Anyways an aspirant with a B.SC Zoology graduation can look for a great future ahead.
- Scope after B.Sc. in Zoology
- Tamil Nadu Board Higher Secondary Zoology Papers
- M.Sc in Zoology, Zoology M.Sc
- Application Forms for various Zoology Entrance Exams
- Government Colleges for B. Sc Zoology
- PhD in Zoology, Zoology PhD
- B.Sc in Zoology, Zoology B.Sc
- J.K.K Nataraja College of Arts & Science, Komarapalayam
- University of Kashmir-Faculty of Biological Science Entrance Test- Zoology Papers
- Reference Books for JUET (M.Sc Zoology)
- Zoologist - How to become a Zoologist?
- Government Colleges for Bachelor of Science (Hons.) in Zoology
- Fee structure of B.Sc in Zoology
- Career after M.Sc in Zoology
- Future Prospects of M.Sc in Zoology