IIT JEE Eligibility Criteria
IIT Joint Entrance Examination is one of the most popular entrance examinations organized in India. It is carried out for the admission of students in the most prestigious engineering institutes in the country named IIT. The institute has various branches all over the country. This examination is organized yearly for the candidates who wish to pursue engineering degree in this famous institution.
Basic Eligibility for IIT JEE
The candidates who wish to take part in this examination should satisfy some eligibility criterion. Those criterion are mentioned below
- Candidates must possess a pass in the 10+2 examinations from any recognized board.
- Those appearing for the final examination in 12th can also apply.
- Candidates must be physically fit for pursuing the course.
- Candidates should pursue at least 60% in the qualifying examination. For candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PD, they should secure at least 55% in the same.
- Candidates can appear for IIT JEE for only two times and that must be in the consecutive years.
Age Qualification for IIT JEE
Candidates appearing for this examination should also satisfy the age criteria as per the norms by IIT. They should have attained the age of 17 years at the time of admission and should not cross the age of 25 years. However, relaxations will be given for the candidates from deprived category.
Application forms for the IIT JEE exam
Candidates can apply for this examination via two modes, either online or offline. For submitting application form online, they have to log on the official website of IIT. Before that, they should remit the examination fee of Rs.900/- which can be paid through NEFT or can pay by challan in any designated banks. For SC/ ST/ PD/ Female candidates the application fee is Rs.450/-.
For submitting the application form via offline, they should first buy the brochure containing application form from any designated banks by paying Rs.1000/-. The deprived candidates as mentioned above can buy this by paying Rs.500/-. The information brochure will contain all the instructions like the application procedure, exam syllabus, examination centers, etc.
Exam pattern of IIT JEE
IIT JEE is considered to be the toughest examination compared to all other engineering entrance examinations in India. IIT is the prestigious institute and they organize the examination at the toughest level to filter out the most intelligent candidates from a very large group of aspirants. The exam pattern does not change very drastically as year passes by. The syllabus of the examination is usually included from the academic subjects in 11th and 12th classes.
The subjects for the examination are Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. It is a single-phase examination and all questions are of objective type. Candidates have to choose the correct answer from the multiple choices given for each question.
- Eligibility Criteria for BCA Course
- Eligibility Criteria for BBA
- Eligibility Criteria of B.Tech
- Eligibility Criteria in M.Tech
- Eligibility Criteria for ‘Management Trainee’ Recruitment in OPTCL
- Eligibility Criteria of B.Sc
- Eligibility Criteria of MCA
- Eligibility Requirements for DAVP Recruitment 2013
- Master of Fishery Science
- Delhi Agricultural Marketing Board 2009
- Eligibility Criteria for CSB Recruitment 2013
- Eligibility Criteria for M.Sc Courses in Jadavpur University
- List of Master of Social Work(MSW) Entrance Exams
- Eligibility Criteria for PG Diploma Courses in Karnatak University
- Eligibility Criteria for PG Diploma Courses in Osmania University