Inspector Food & Supplies (Grade-II), Department of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs (Punjab)
Department of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs (Punjab) was established under the Government of Punjab which in turn comes under the Government of India. The department actually comes under the administrative control of the Secreatry. There are basically under two wings under the Secretary anmed the Secretariat and Directorate. The office of the directorate is located at Divisional and District levels in the state.Dstrict Food & Supplies Controllers assists the three deputy directors at the Divisional level. The district food & Supplies Controllers works under the direct control of Director.
Candidates are invited to apply for the vacant posts of Inspector Food & Supplies in Department of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs (Punjab) depending on their educational qualification and experience in the relevant field.
The minimum age limit set for the post is 18 years as on 31 January 2011.
The maximum age limit set for the post is 37 years as on 31 January 2011.
The upper age limit is relaxable to the extent of 5 years for SC and ST candidates while the upper age limit is relaxable to 3 years for OBC candidates. PH candidates will get relaxation of 10 years in the upper age limit.
Candidates are required to posses Graduation degree from a recognized university. Candidates possessing working experience in the use of Desktop Publishing Applications from a government recgonized institution. Candidates should possess Information Technology course equivalent to ‘O’ level certificates of DOEACC of Government of India. Also, candidates are required to passed Punjabi subject upto Matric standard.
No. of posts: There are 330 posts available in total.
For SC category candidates: 153 posts.
For Ex- SM candidates: 141 posts.
For Sportsman candidates: 23 posts.
For Physically Handicapped candidates: 13 posts.
Pay Scale: Rs. 5910-20200 with a Grade Pay of Rs. 2800.
An application fee is Rs. 700 is to be paid by the General category candidates as well as OBC category candidates. Reserved category candidates are required to pay Rs. 350 only as application fee. No fee is to be paid by Ex-SM candidates. The requisite amount of application fee is need to be paid by the means of a crossed bankdraft/pay order/banker’s cheque made in favour of Director Food and Civil Supplies payable at Chandigarh.
The selection of the eligible candidates will be made through the conduct of a written examination followed by a personal interview test. Candidate should qualify in both these examination for getting enlisted in the list of selected candidates.
How to apply: All the required documents in support of complete application application form are need to be sent in an envelope. Candidates are required to send the envelope by registered post or courier only. Also the envelope consiting all the required enclosures must be superscribed with “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ___________”.
Director Food and Civil Supplies,
Jeevandeep Building (LIC),
Sector- 17B, Chandigarh.
Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs,
Last date to apply: 21 February 2011
For more information visit http://foodsuppb.nic.in/recruitment%20of%20inspectors%20grade%202.doc
- Government Jobs in Civil Supplies Sector
- Government Jobs in Consumer Service Sector
- Junior Auditors - Department of Food and Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs
- Inspectors Legal Metrology, Department of Food and Civil Supplies
- Senior Assistant, Legal Assistant, Department of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs (Punjab)
- Food Inspector - How to become a Food Inspector?
- Procedure to become a Food Inspector
- Manager, Computer Programmer, Chhattisgarh State Civil Supplies Corporation Limited
- Food Inspector, Food and Medical Administration Department
- District Manager, Assistant Manager, Punjab State Civil Supplies Corporation Limited
- Food Inspector, Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission
- Accountant, Technical Assistant, Andhra Pradesh State Civil Supplies Corporation Limited
- District Manager, Rajasthan State Food & Civil Supplies Corporation Limited
- Food science and human nutrition course as a significant pre requisite for a healthy society
- Panchayat Officer, Superintendent of Homes, etc… - Tripura Public Service Commission