Jobs after Company Secretary Course
One amongst the many respectable jobs in the society is that of a company secretary. Many youngsters with good qualification are attracted towards this profession because of its attractive salaries and huge scopes. But along with job satisfaction come responsibilities. It is the duty of a company secretary to work with company officials, the board of directors and other officers as to ensure the proper functioning of the company as per the norms and regulations.
Areas where jobs are available
Individuals who have finished their company secretary course successfully can get lots of good jobs. Job opportunities are available for them across the nation. A few of the major cities that offer jobs to company secretaries include:
Private Sector Jobs after Company Secretary Course
Many private sector firms also take in company secretaries. Because of the focus to the development of the corporate sector, there is a huge involvement of legalities of diverse kinds. All this falls under the responsibility of a Company Secretary. As corporate firms require advice from individuals with a thorough knowledge on all applicable laws, company secretaries are very much in demand. Thus, we can conclude that the employment potential for company secretaries in the corporate sector is quite high.
Government Sector Jobs after Company Secretary Course
Many governmental organizations are there in our country that takes in efficient company secretaries. A few of those firms include:
- Airport Authority of India
- Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML)
- Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC)
- State Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited
In addition to these, many banks also take on company secretaries. A few other job areas in the public sector are:
- Accounts Branch of the Central Government Law Services
- Bureau of Public Enterprises
- Government Financial Institutions
- Stock Exchanges
Individuals also have the option to work with universities and colleges. With the right combination of expertise as well as experience, one can get promoted to senior positions such as Managing Director, Chairman and Directors in firms of repute.
Job Prospects Abroad after Company Secretary course
Company secretaries have a wide range of job opportunities in overseas too. Various organizations will employ them. A few different posts that are available for these professionals include:
- Accountancy and solicitor’s firms
- Bank and building societies
- Employer’s cooperatives
- Housing associations
- Insurance companies
- Investment sectors
- Trade bodies
Almost all types of organizations whose affairs are determined by councils, statutory boards and other corporate structures will need a competent company secretary. These people will first begin their jobs as Junior Secretarial Officer and in time will rise to higher designations. Depending on the designation of these individuals and on how dedicated they are to their work, people can go up to company secretaries. They also stand the chance of getting promoted to the designation of Finance Advisors.
- Difference between a Secretary and a Company Secretary
- Company Secretary, Career as Company Secretary
- Salaries after Company Secretary Course
- Jobs after CS
- Government jobs in the field of Company Secretaryship
- Difference Between Company Secretary and Corporate Secretary
- Difference between Company Secretary and Lawyer
- Difference between Company Secretary and Chartered Financial Analyst
- Company Secretary after 12th
- CS vs. ICWAI - Which course is better?
- Difference between CS and ICWA: Company Secretary (CS) and Institute of Cost and Work Accountants (ICWA)
- How to Become a Company Secretary?
- Secretary - How to become a Secretary?
- Difference between Chartered Accountant (CA) and Company Secretary (CS)
- Company Secretary Recruitment in Andhra Bank 2013