Junior Telecom Officer - How to become a Junior Telecom Officer?
Junior Telecom Officer or the JTO post comes under the territorial/ functional circles of BSNL India. The post will come under any of those circles depending on the vacancies, the candidates’ choice of place and the merit. JTO is generally a circle based cadre. The eligible candidates will be recruited to the vacancies in a particular circle and they will be required to serve at least 5 years on that particular circle or should serve in that circle until promoted to All India Cadre. JTO jobs are one of the respected jobs in the society and it ensures job security as well as a peaceful retirement life.
To become a JTO, one must possess a minimum qualification of under graduate degree in engineering courses. They must have pursued Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Technology in any of the engineering disciplines such as Telecommunication, Electronics, Radio, Computer or Electrical. In addition to this qualification the candidates must also qualify the concerned all India level competitive examination organized by the BSNL. The minimum qualifying marks in this examination will be fixed by BSNL for the candidates depending on the category and a merit list will be published according to the vacancies available.
Who is eligible to apply?
Indian nationals alone are eligible to apply for the JTO posts. Besides, the applicants’ age should not be more than 30 years. Relaxation in age will be given to particular candidates as per the norms. The candidates who have successfully completed their bachelor’s degree in required engineering disciplines and satisfying the eligibility conditions can apply for the Junior Telecom posts.
Key points in the process
- Study 10+2 with PCM or PCBM from any reputed schools and score good marks in the examinations. Make a strong base on the mathematics subject.
- Pursue the bachelor’s degree course in engineering or technology in Telecommunication/ Electronics/ Radio/ Computer/ Electrical.
- Search out for the vacancies in BSNL for the JTO posts and apply for it.
Skills required for a Junior Telecom Officer
The JTOs need special skills and knowledge to perform well in their job. They need strong fundamentals in the technical subjects and should have good numerical ability. Besides all, they must have good verbal communication skills to carry out their tasks efficiently and effectively. They must be able to understand the existing and upcoming technologies in their field.
- Junior Telecom Officers, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
- Court Master, Administrative Officer, TDSAT
- Senior Scientific Officer, Junior Scientific Officer, UPSC
- Assistant Accounts Officer, Lower Division Clerk, Department of Telecommunication
- Jobs in Telecom Sector
- Senior Research Officer, Assistant, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India
- Senior Law Officer, Junior Law Officer, DDA
- Pay scale for Junior Scientific Officer in Government Jobs
- Junior Teacher, Extension Officer, Assam Public Service Commission
- Recovery/ Collection Officer, RGV Telecom Private Limited
- Junior Telecom Officers, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (Maharashtra)
- Junior Accounts Officers, BSNL
- Telecom Billing Engineer - How to become a Telecom Billing Engineer?
- BSNL JTO Papers
- Pay scale for Junior Commissioned Officer in Government Jobs