M.A. in Journalism, Journalism M.A.
Journalism is the craft of conveying news, descriptive material and comment through an ever-widening form of media. The forms of media are print media, web media and electronic media, which includes TV and radio both. In order to master this craft, people have to go through extensive and detailed study of the discipline. M.A. in Journalism is a master’s degree course offering specialization in any and every form of and medium of journalism. The course gives detailed idea of the different platforms, different styles and role of journalism in democracy and much more. In this upcoming and racy world, the course is getting restructured into being more jobs oriented and preparing its students for the “cut-throat” scenario.
In order to be eligible for this course, students or candidates must at least be graduates in any discipline from any respectable university. Moreover, some colleges demand students who must have had journalism at least as their pass subject during graduation.
The course of M.A. in Journalism is of two year’s duration. These two years are divided into two semesters each. While, there are also a few colleges which have a three year program in this course.
In simple words, people in this field land up with jobs in the press, the web, publishing, advertising, marketing, public relations, television and radio. But the fact is that it is not that simple as it looks on paper. The job of a journalist is very interesting as well as tiresome, very happening as well as stretchy. It has its positives along with the negatives like any other professions. But the life of a journalist, unlike others is always on the fast track.
Best Places to Pursue
Asian College of Journalism, Bengaluru
Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi
Amity University, Noida
NSHM Institute of Media and Communication, Kolkata
- What to do after B.A in Journalism?
- Post Graduate Courses in Journalism
- Higher Studies options after B.A Journalism
- B.A in Journalism, Journalism B.A
- Scope of Journalism
- Diploma/Certificate Courses in Media and Mass Communication
- Procedure to become a News Reporter in News Channels
- How to get admission to Master’s degree in Journalism?
- Journalism Courses and Colleges in Delhi
- List of Journalism Entrance Exams
- Journalism after 12th
- IGNOU Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication-Introduction to Journalism and Mass Communication Papers
- News Editor - How to become a News Editor?
- Gujarat University, Bachelor of Communication, Journalism & Public Relations Papers
- Gujarat University, Masters In Journalism Science Papers