Media Planner – How to become a Media Planner?
Media Planners are the professionals who determine the advertising strategy required for a client of an advertising agency. First of all they will consult with the clients about their budget and plans regarding the advertisements. Then they will select the right media channel to deliver the advertisements using the specified budget. Thus the clients can get a better exposure to their products. The profession of Media Planner has got great demand in the advertising industry.
Candidates can pursue their career as Media Planner if they possess a Bachelor’s degree in the areas related to advertising or marketing. Those who have completed an undergraduate course in Business Management or Media Studies are also eligible for this position. Even so, an undergraduate degree in any stream is enough to enter into the profession of Media Planner. But such candidates need much experience in the field of media planning to get into the position of Media Planner. As they do not study about the basics of media planning during their undergraduate course, they can acquire the relevant skills through only hands-on experience.
Who are eligible to apply?
Those who possess any degree mentioned above are eligible to apply for the vacancy of Media Planner. If the candidates possess an undergraduate degree in related areas of media planning, then work experience is not that important for this post. Otherwise, certain years of work experience is needed to get into the position of Media Planner. The aspirants can search for the job of Media Planner through job sites or newspapers. Before applying for the concerned vacancy, the aspirants should make sure that they possess all the requirements specified in the advertisements.
Key elements in the process
- Obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Advertising, Media Studies or Marketing
- Acquire adequate experience in the field of Media Planning (optional)
- Browse through the advertisements to find a suitable job profile
Skills required for a Media Planner
Media Planner should have good communication skills as well as team working skills so as to pursue their career. They should be aware about the latest media trends for suggesting a media channel for delivering advertisements. Good research skills and interpersonal skills are also required for them to meet their target in time. Creative skills is the key to get into a good advertisement agency.
- Jobs in Advertising Sector
- M.Sc in electronic media
- Advertising Jobs in Delhi
- Applications of Media Science
- Career after doing Diploma and Certificate Courses in Mass Media
- B.Sc in electronic media
- Can PH.D in mass communication uplift the standard of the media
- Difference between Certified Financial Analyst and Certified Financial Planner
- Role of mass media course in society
- Senior Transportation Planner, Statistician, Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority
- Higher studies and career options after MBA in Media Management
- Mass media course as a significant tool for the modern era’s society framework
- Bachelor of Graphics and media
- Assistant Town Planner, Manager, Haryana Public Service Commission
- Evolving role of Town planning course